Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What armor for a kick sin?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by HaLoPhReAk, Jun 11, 2005.

1. HaLoPhReAk

HaLoPhReAk IncGamers Member

What armor for a kick sin?

which armor shoulg i use? I currently have Stone (kraken armor, 2100 defense), Grizwold's armor (3 soc), and i was thinking of trading/making a duress... i like having the stone, because it really keeps me alive with its defense, and it has 16 to str and vit(w/ merc i got total of 10k def.). but duress has crushing blow, can have about 1.3k defense, resis's, cold dmg, enhanced dmg, open wounds (wow, now i see why...). basically, stone, or duress?

2. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Personally, I'd go with the duress. Sure, the defense and stats are nice on the stone.. but really, that's all it has going for it. And a nice duress can have very decent defense as well... I have a dusk with 1.1k defense on east scnl. In PVP, the OW on duress is great, and in PVM you get the crushing blow... resistances are NEVER a bad thing, and if I remember, it's cold that's higher - nice in pvp vs orb/blizz sorcs. Sure, Stone has more faster hit recovery, but really - if you're going for the 86 breakpoint, and you have duress, jade talon, and shadow dancers... that's 100. MORE than enough.

I give Duress the nod.

3. gunske

gunske IncGamers Member

Templar all the way against casters...
    15% to max res pwns. (my res in hell 90/90/95/95)
    Barmble with chaos/fury and trang. glov. against melee

Add some absorb items, max you can (let them cry in duells, they use -res, bugged ****, str bug, etc...) so why you may not use items that are not fair ? :uhhuh:

4. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

I too vote for duress. ed, ow, cb, cold damage, fhr, some defense (less useful on a sin), and resists all make it *really* nice. all the melee mods transfer to kicks, so no reason not to use this great armor.

--welt

5. HaLoPhReAk

ok,,, thanx. although i aint guna play d2 for 'nuther 3/4 of a month : ( well ne who cyall US West ladder'rs on in 3/4 of a month, cuz i'm getting tun of stuff :teeth: :teeth: :clap: :king:

Thnx again.
    -HaLoPhReAk

6. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

Enigma. Templars won't do anything against a lot of casters since they will have enough -res to negate your higher max res anyway.

7. gunske

gunske IncGamers Member

hehe half my inven full of +5 to all and the other half all sc's with 10% / 11% res enough to ignore stupid -res

8. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

On a kicker? Waste of charms IMO.

Teleport will help you out much more than resistances will against good casters anyway.

9. Toadday

Toadday IncGamers Member

not even gonna take Fortitude into consideration? decent defence, resistances, life, big +ED just a suggestion

10. HaLoPhReAk

I noticed that the 1k def difference between aldurs (wasn't able to find duress at the moment,) made a huge difference, i got my arse slaughtered in hell with only 950 defense, but i was able to live quite the long time w/ 2.1k stone. what does IMHO/IMO mean?

-HaLoPhReAk

11. Arbedark

Arbedark IncGamers Member

IMHO = In my (honest / humble) opinion.

IMO = In my opinion.

Arb

12. HaLoPhReAk

ok thanx...what should i use for my ammy?? i know mara's and all, but i am not that rich, what should i use that would benifit a kick sin??

13. Toadday

Toadday IncGamers Member

I might be mistaken but maybe a highlords. I can give ya one (US east ladder) if u want :p

14. HaLoPhReAk

d'oh.... i'm uswest ladder..phooy, but thanx for the generosity :)

i'll go look at highlords

thnx
    -HaLoPhReAk

15. gunske

gunske IncGamers Member

LOL , don't you know how funny it is that a light soso keeps on spamming Lightning and you walk to her and finish her off ? :clap:

16. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

Your first priority would be resists. If you can't get Maras, then a good Sarcen's Chance, or a gambled/crafted/whatever amulet with some resists is probably your best bet. +skills are very nice, but not necessary.

I'd go with the Duress for armor (for what it's worth).

17. deadreligion

deadreligion IncGamers Member

I second the G-Angel vote. Stack your resists nicely with 15 all res gcs and make sure you use a Jade talon, and maybe Um in your helm and g-angel.
    30 (anya) + 50 (jade talon) + 100 (charms) + 15 (um gangel) + 15 (um helm) + 15 max (g-angel) means that even if they have 4 facets (most sorcs won't have more than this) you still have 90 all resist. If you fight a cold sorc or a FOHer, use fade. You will onyl have like 20 or so after their -resist but they expect most people to have -100 after it and thus won't do much damage. Blizz sorcs can still do tons of damage, but you should be able to block long enough to dflight onto her while blizzard is cooling down.

18. HaLoPhReAk

k thnx... i already got sarcens chance :D but was wondering what i should use...but ya i'm happy w/ sarcens :)