Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What are the worthless sets?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Losse, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Losse

Losse Diabloii.Net Member

2. Archone

Archone Diabloii.Net Member

No set is worthless imo. Some full sets arent worth getting, but theres always at least one item, in each set, that is quite good for the lvlreq.

There is alot of early combos with set items, worth mentioning. Ex, Angelic Combo, Sigon Combo, Death Combo etc..
    Youll have to look them up yourself.

The character specific sets, are usually only good lvl60-80. And some viable options, but are beaten by runewords etc ofc.
    The only "bad" charsets imo, is the Druid and Pala ones.

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

To my knowledge, the decahedron link is from before 1.10. At that time, the IK, Griswold's and Aldur's set didn't have sockets on their own. It helped at improving TK and Griswald's, but mot that much on Aldur's, however.

IMO, the three best sets are Tal's, IKs, Sigon's (leveling).

Useful combos: Death belt+gloves together with the 4 other Sigon't items, Sigon's armor+helm (low-level mercs), angelic rings+amulet.

Useful single items: Tal's helm, Guillaume's helm, Griswold's armor, Civerb's Cudgel, Aldur's Boots, Natalyas's boots.

Griswold's set isn't bad, but it's too hard to find (trading doesn't count!!11!) in comparison to its usefulness. I'e never found a complete Griswols's in a single season, but I was close twice :).

4. Archone

Haha.. yeah! Ive played over 7 ladders, and only found the entire set once I think! ;)

5. krischan

My record is finding everything twice, except the helm. That's a bit strange because the shield is the rarest set shield in the game and the weapon the rarest set weapon (and in addition, you have blown it if it has just 3 sockets) while the helm ist "just" as rare as e.g. IK armor :D

Of course, I found 10-20 armors each season and I stopped picking them up once I had enough for my mercs and another three as a reserve.

6. Archone

I usually get one to fill with PerfAmethysts (+30? Str) for that first Colossus Voulge.

7. krischan

The same here. A total of +50 str is pretty good for an armor with such a low level req.

I'm using them for other mercs as well. I'm usually short on 3 socket ethereal armors for Treachery, so I'm often using Griswold's with IAS jewels. It has an awesome usefulness/price ratio.

Archone likes this.