what are the chances of the marrowwalk bug being fixed? if

b2p

Banned
what are the chances of the marrowwalk bug being fixed?

i was building a pvp necro and i just put my first point into bone prison and found my bone skills drop an average of 1500 damage. so right now, i lost 33 levels of synegies. my build was perfect before this. should i rebuild my necro or are they going to patch this bug soon? is it the same with all items with charges?
 

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
This issue is likely to be addressed in 1.11, and probably not before (given the length of time it's been known about for). This will be released soon*.

It's the same with all charged items, but Marrowalks are the most obvious and extreme case of it.

(*Soon in Blizzard-time could mean anything from 5 minutes to 5 years, or more...)
 

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
Privater said:
Bug ? Plz someone brief me in ?
If you have zero points in a skill and an item that grants charges of that skill (eg Bone Prison on Marrowwalk), the charged item grants a synergy bonus to any skills it normally would (eg. Bone Spear/Spirit), at the level of the charges.

It's under debate whether this is a bug or a feature. Since it hasn't been fixed yet, I'd guess 'feature', but you can never tell with Blizzard.
 

Pent

Diabloii.Net Member
It looks like a feature to me since blizzard has fixed many "skill bugs", "item bugs", and "gameplay bugs" serverside, somehow. And this still hasn't been fixed. Although paladins charge is still bugged..
 

JoJeck

Diabloii.Net Member
I've heard that this is an intentional feature that Blizzard added to boost the synergy concept. But they originally intended that it would contribute to a players symergies if the level of the charged item was greater than invested synergy points, instead it only contributes if no points are invested. So if it is bugged that is the error in implementation. That would make the concept of charged items contributing to synergies much more useful that the current arrangement and many more items would be useful than now.
 

ToXin

Diabloii.Net Member
If your making a bone necro and are worrying about the bug being fixed, just save 20 pts or whateveru have left after maxing hte other synergies.
 

ToXin

Diabloii.Net Member
If your making a bone necro and are worrying about the bug being fixed, just save 20 pts or whateveru have left after maxing hte other synergies.
 

b2p

Banned
JoJeck said:
I've heard that this is an intentional feature that Blizzard added to boost the synergy concept. But they originally intended that it would contribute to a players symergies if the level of the charged item was greater than invested synergy points, instead it only contributes if no points are invested. So if it is bugged that is the error in implementation. That would make the concept of charged items contributing to synergies much more useful that the current arrangement and many more items would be useful than now.
still would be a bug since you will still gain 33 levels of synegies if one point is invested?
 

b2p

Banned
ToXin said:
If your making a bone necro and are worrying about the bug being fixed, just save 20 pts or whateveru have left after maxing hte other synergies.
cant i already put my first point after synegies into bone prison. so its eitehr make a new one if the patch doesn't fix this bug.
 

conan

Diabloii.Net Member
b2p said:
cant i already put my first point after synegies into bone prison. so its eitehr make a new one if the patch doesn't fix this bug.
So you are telling me your Boner Nec is worthless unless it wears Marrowalks?? My simple solution is WEAR OTHER BOOTS! Talk about COOKIE CUTTER GEESH!!!!!!!!!!
 

JoJeck

Diabloii.Net Member
b2p said:
still would be a bug since you will still gain 33 levels of synegies if one point is invested?
Well that is an issue of game balance. I don't know why they have a level 33 Prison, they would still be good at level 20 saving synergy points in that skill.
 

b2p

Banned
conan said:
So you are telling me your Boner Nec is worthless unless it wears Marrowalks?? My simple solution is WEAR OTHER BOOTS! Talk about COOKIE CUTTER GEESH!!!!!!!!!!
its not about being a cookie cutter. its about giving up around 1500 damage in EACH skill. bone armor efefectiveness is reduce by half.
 
Top