what are the ABSORB FROM ITEMS capped at?

b2p

Banned
what are the ABSORB FROM ITEMS capped at?

and is there a faq with these kinds of tidbits? thansk.

alainpp66

Diabloii.Net Member
Capped at 40% for each element. I don't know of any cap with Straight +Absorb.

As for an FAQ... there are sources all over the place but not one place where you can get Absolutely all the information you need. There are just so many topics and different ways of approaching them (Statistical, Game-Play/Strategy)

For resistance and absorb details, use this site: http://www.hut.fi/~tgustafs/absorb.html

It was made for 1.09 but nearly everything (in 1.09 there was no cap at 40%) else is exact.

b2p

Banned
hmm interesting thansk. so are you also implying that amulets like RISING SON and BLACKOAK LUNA are useless because there is no advantages into ahving them?

b2p

Banned
i just tried dropping a 10k meteor on 90 resist pally. lets just say that with rising sun 70% absorb, it takes 200 life and then heals to full.

added a dwarf star, it took 150 life and then it heals to full.

added 2 dwarf stars, took 100 life and then it heals to full.

how could anyone explain that? perhaps it WAS changed somewhat?

thanks.

alainpp66

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh, there are Huge advantages in having +Absorb. Of course, they do Much better with High resists.

As for the Rising Sun, it's not a % absorb.... it's a Straight absorb. There IS a difference.

First, you took 200 Damage because the Meteor drop does TONS of damage at once. So with only rising sun, you cancel only a small amount. Standing in the fire is when he healed, because the damage is done Per Frame. This means +Absorb does a LOT more because the damage is Divided by 25 for the damage it says per second.

Dwarf Stars helped a lot with the inital blast because they take %. After that, the Rising sun healed you with minor help from the Dwarves.

If you took off Rising Sun and you stood in the Meteor's fire, you'll see your life still goes down (Albeit much less than if you had no absorb)

breez

Diabloii.Net Member
Straight absorb comes last so it will help a great deal against very high dmg elemental attacks also, if the resistance is good (at least 90) and there's some % too.

25k elemental attack ---> 4166 dmg pvp ---90 res---> 416 dmg --absorb 30%--> 166 dmg ---> absorb 65 ---> after taking dmg and healing some of it = 36 dmg :p

b2p

Banned
dont forget you heal after that too!

i guess ill just keep a rising sun and two dwarf stars in my inventory just in case i run into a diablo clone now. :lol: