Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What ammy to uso on a bowazon?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Vingadorr, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Vingadorr

Vingadorr IncGamers Member

What ammy to uso on a bowazon?

i already see ppl talking about Cats Eye, Atms and Highlords...

so have another options or only this 3?

and you, what u prefer and u?

idk what i use :crazyeyes:

2. KremBanan

KremBanan IncGamers Member

Re: What ammy to uso on a bowazon?

If I dont have Decrepify or Amplify Damage elsewhere, I always use Atma's Amulet. This is on a physical damage bowa.

If I use a Frost Maiden, I go with a rare +2ama/mana/ml amulet.

3. Ed from Russia

Ed from Russia IncGamers Member

Other good choices for Frost Maidens is Maras, or Crescent Moon for the mana leech.

4. galzohar

galzohar IncGamers Member

I'm assuming you're looking for something that's *easier* to get than those, so I'll suggest either a +3 bows neck or +2 all neck if you're going for freezing arrow as main attack (good idea especially when gear is weak) or possible anything with some kind of leech on it.

5. Vingadorr

Vingadorr IncGamers Member

noooooooo, the problem isnt about have the item, i have them all :lol2:

the question is what work better

i was testing and some monster, even when cast amp. dmg because atmas, still keep the imune phy, this is correct? :eek:mg:

so, if some keep the phy imune, isnt better to change to highlords? (because the ias thing and critical dmg dont helps a lot? plus all skill)

and to kill phy imune, i was thinking to put some points on cold or fire arrow, and now, another question, what is better, the skills that do fire or cold dmg?

isnt more commom to have monster phy imune whit cold resist high than fire resist high? so would not better the fire skills like immolation?

:help:

6. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

That's rather rare, only uniques with high base phy res that get a stoneskin mod or the like can be immune after amp. There are no naturally unbreakable physical immunes, for the rare case magic arrow can do the job just fine.

7. galzohar

20/20 FA/CA with a couple +skills will probably kill the PIs before you will even proc amp damage, but will cost 40 skill points. Then again on a lot of packs (actual effectiveness depends on your physical damage bow and +skills) FA is can actually a better killer than physical attacks.

Atma's is probably the best if it procs on monsters before they're already almost dead. Otherwise highlord's is very nice, especially if you're having a hard time reaching the desired IAS breakpoint. Cat's eye is something people also like to use for the run/walk and AR but the dex will not even nearly make up for highlord's deadly strike - even though you can already get ~60% 2x damage with crit, even at low level 25% deadly strike will increase that chance by another 10%, or overall damage/second by 6.25% (25 dex will increase damage/sec by 6.25% if you have total 300% stat/skill/gear ED, and less if you have more which will likely be the case).

8. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

I see cat's eye being used often for pvp because of the faster run/walk.

Highlord's DS would generally give a higher damage output than the Amplify Damage casted by Atma's methinks, 30% to do twice as much damage > 5% to reduce physical resistance by -100, unless the monster has high physical resist or immunity.

9. galzohar

Not exactly 30%, since it can't work at the same time as critical strike, so with 60% critical strike it only increases your chance of double damage by 12% and overall damage by 7.5% (12/160=0.075)

10. zorro8081

zorro8081 IncGamers Member

As was stated earlier, depends on the build. My frostmaiden uses a rare +2 to Passives, cold dmg, all res ammy, while i cant help but love atmas for the amp. Depending on your level of critical hit, i think it's a toss up between Highlords and Atmas.

11. galzohar

Atma vs highlords depends more on your IAS and how fast you're already killing than on your critical chance (which has a smaller effect on the descision). If you're kiling stuff before amp procs it's not doing much, but if amp procs a lot earlier than you kill the monster it's giving you a lot of damage.

12. kingofthedarkage

kingofthedarkage IncGamers Member

I use highlords. The DS is just to much to pass up. A bowazon really suffer unless she maintains a good critcal and DS rate.

13. SlainByPain

SlainByPain IncGamers Member

Atma's is the best for PVM unless you need the ias from highlords. As stated before, the DS on highlords isn't nearly as effective on a bowazon because it doesn't stack fully with critical.

14. DoomBoy

DoomBoy IncGamers Member

Bowazons are referring to multi-arrow? So only the two middle arrows will cast amplify? I guess it doesn't matter since the amp can affect the middle of the crowd...

15. galzohar

The highlord's DS isn't nearly as bad as people make it to be. Although its actual value does depend on your current crit chance, but since you're comparing it to an item that adds dex, you also need to keep in mind that the more dex/gearED you have the less that dex is helping, too. So to really compare you'll have to do the math yourself with your actual stats (see my earlier post for a specific example).