Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What affects hammer damage?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by sexyfool, Feb 2, 2004.

1. sexyfool

sexyfool IncGamers Member

What affects hammer damage?

Hi all. I am making a new hammerdin and having read the 2 guides stickied at the top of the page have just a couple of unanswered questions.

1. What actually affects hammer damage and speed?? I know fast cast effects speed but is there anything else to consider? I know the only aura that seems to effect damage is pally concentration but if that is so why can I not see the damage when i switch to that aura? Or is the damage via synergy only?? I have tried swapping rings with plus to damage and this has no effect on the damage shown for bh.

2. Are there weapon mods that affect the speed that monsters move when they pass through hammers? By that I mean, would a nef weapon knockback monsters or would a % to flee modifier on armour or weapon be of benefit?
    Please help out with these questions even if you think the answer is obvious. One thing I have discovered after playing since d2c 1.04 is there is always something you can learn. :D

2. Fidor

Fidor IncGamers Member

3. Loboleal

Loboleal IncGamers Member

No, only FCR affects hammer's speed.

Hammer's damage in skill display only changes by synergies. It reflects only base hammer damage. However, in char screen, total hammer damage changes when you switch to Concentration.

No, it's a spell, so doesn't benefit from weapon mods that only are activated by physical attacks.

4. ROMVS

ROMVS IncGamers Member

5. sexyfool

sexyfool IncGamers Member

Wow, quick responses and great help. Thank you everyone. That calculator is
    a little ripper! Very glad I made a new hammerdin now :)