Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What a sick world we live in...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Aradhai, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Aradhai

Aradhai Banned

What a sick world we live in...

Hi everyone. I know this isn't exactly an enlightening topic, but I was just wondering if you could post some things that really make you feel disgraced. Mine would be the Canadian seal hunt, that is completely f'in sick. Also George Bush and Tony Blair (probably among others) who decide to kill Iraqis for oil and money and many British and Americans (though perhaps indirectly).

It'd be interesting to gather some information...

2. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

Make me feel disgraced eh?

Probably government pork programs just to name one.

Edit: but to address the title of the thread: yes, there are bad things that happen in this world. But there are also a lot of good things going on... a lot of things to feel happy about.

3. Tutatis

Tutatis IncGamers Member

Certain thiefs that got rich but nobody does anything against them cause they are members of some party, the independence of Israel, the dictator Putin in Russia, the gay marrages in Holland, theacher's that give low marks cause they ones get the opportunity do decide some1 else's fait, etc.

4. DrunkPotHead

DrunkPotHead IncGamers Member

I have a problem with the two bold ones. Explain those please.

5. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

People who decide to ignore reality and make blanket uninformed condemnations of things. I think choosing to be ignorant is a pretty sad state of things, but it seems to be a very popular way to live one's life these days.

6. Gigas

Gigas IncGamers Member

PETA. They really get my goat. Millitant Vegans, too. But really, there are only two kinds of people in this world that make me truly sick: people that are intolerant of other cultures, and the Dutch.

7. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Maybe your "fait" should be an english textbook.

8. Namyeknom

Namyeknom IncGamers Member

9. Tutatis

Tutatis IncGamers Member

ok : gay marrages: Marrage is the union between a man and a women by definition, it involves a husband and a wife. Marrages between ppl of the same sex is therefor ridiculous, and as for going to church it is an insult for every normal christian, why perform a ritual in a religion if that religion DOES NOT allow s it? Can you answer that? Only for the fun of doing a sin and for burning in hell?
    As for the civil part, if they want thei bfs to inherit their stuff, they can make a testimony.

2.Israel. It is a country created abusively on the lands of the muslims and it is a terrorist and imperialist country. After wwII several arabs were forced away to make place for others to take their lands. After the creation of the damn state in 1948 they had seceral wars and disputes in which they occupied territories, some of them never given back. When Saddam attacked Iran, America sent troops against them. Why did they arm the Jewish mafia instead of stopping it?! Why do they perform terrorist acts against muslims and created their mossad, that occasionally blows up jews aswell, so they get more fundings. Read some history books, it will help you.

10. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

You've outdone yourself, Drunk, particularly in light of Tutatis' post above. Kudos.

I vote for Intellectual Property law, and abuses by monolithic corporations like Microsoft and Vivendi. Withholding water from villagers...

11. raffster

raffster IncGamers Member

child prostitution ... those who went to the countries that suffered the most during the Tsunami and took advantage of children who lost their parents and forced them into prostitution ... may you burn in hell for a million kalpas

12. Tutatis

Tutatis IncGamers Member

Oh yes, don't forget BillGaytes and the evil that microsoft has done to IT and not only. Or it's Mafia-like ways of promoting the Xbox.

13. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

Where are gays demanding to be married by the Church? I missed that one...last I read they've been looking for the government to marry them. And last I checked the government and religion are two separate entities, though people like you seem to let the two infect one another in your minds.

Not sure why I bothered.

14. Dirty_Zulu

Dirty_Zulu IncGamers Member

I don't got much opinion on gay marriages. It's like xeroxing papers. Some jerk will tell me xerox is a copyrighted word and I am in fact using a Cannon copier.

As for Jews in Israel, I believe history would also go to show that Jews were there long ago also.

And also to all those people who whines about Israel's land, it's only a tiny piece of land for christ sake. As long as we're all going to be here on this planet forever and after, we might as well give a few square miles of land to our fellow humans. It's not like the neigboring Persians and Arabs are running out of land.

15. UserMathias

UserMathias IncGamers Member

It is an excellent, and most basic economic structure. A man and a woman, sharing an income, supporting each other, and raising their children. It also results in strong emotional bonds. Which is a very important aspect.
    Gay marriage is all of the above minus the children. Mind me asking, why not?

Whoever subscribes to the Christian religion and rigorously believes in the literal translation of the Bible and in every word of the church, yet chooses to get married to someone of the same gender, would indeed be a tad bit hypocritical. Pity. Really, that is just...horrible. However, last I checked the Constitution, you are free to mess up your spiritual life as much as you want.
    Then there are those who would like to partake in a joyous celebration of the love between two people, together with their family and friends, with no sensation of prejudice or of discrimination. There really aren't many places for such a strong display of emotions except for maybe... oh, gee, um.. a church?
    Now you're asking why we should force every church to do this? We don't have to force anything. If individual priests don't want to give the marriage, they can refuse and the pair will go elsewhere.

Greece was also created abusively on the lands of weaker groups of people. As was Rome. Some parts of Poland were not initially ours. United States, Canada.. same story.
    In Nature you will see an interesting phenomenom. The strong taking over the weak. Dinosaurs, microorganisms, humans, and so on. That's life. We are a species, we divide ourselves and conquer other tribes and other species. The human sense for compassion keeps us from going overboard. As do some UN treaties...
    Bottom line is that **** happens. Tough luck. If you're talking about atrocities and war crimes, then it is by all means something we should act to prevent and punish.

To answer the question. The only thing in the world I hate is self-righteous ***holes who enforce their beliefs on others.

16. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Marriage is defined as between a man and a woman according to WHOM? Don't say God, because I've yet to hear it from his mouth and no, his spokespeople down here don't cut it. Don't say government because the government in some countries have obviously changed it. So who, pray tell, has the authority to define what marriage is? You may have opinions on what it SHOULD be, but you don't have the ability or authority to define what it is.

Also, no one has demanded that churches that don't agree with it should be forced to do marry homosexuals. In fact in Canada it is specifically said that churches will NOT be forced against their will to marry anyone they don't want to. Marriage isn't yours, your religions or anyone elses nor do you or they have exclusive rights over who can be married.

Aside from your obvious racism, Jews lived in that area the same as Muslims throughout history. They have as much a historical right to it as anyone. And your definition of "terrorism" equates to other people's "right to defend themselves".

17. DrunkPotHead

How nice of you to define it. Unfortunately, marriage was around long before christianity and any major organized religion, religion doesn't have a monopoly on marriage.

Once again, i think church and state should be seperate. If a church doesn't want to marry two people, it doesn't have to. However, we're talking about government.

First off, it was the British who 'created' Israel. Jews had no place to live, and were persecuted to no end (even after the holocaust) as a result. The only abuse that was involved in the creation of Israel was the constant persecution of Jews by Arabs and the rest of the world.

Wrong. Jews wanted to live peacefully with the Arabs. It was the arabs who wanted the Jews out of there, they were the first ones to use force against the Jews, not vice versa. Learn some history.

So if you get attacked, then lose, you should not suffer any consequences? There was several wars, as a result of Arabs trying to take over Israel. Israelis defended their land. If someone attacked your country, i'm sure you would try to defend it. Then, to prevent further attack from strategic locations, you would make sure the attackers can no longer occupy those lands.

That makes no sense. How about giving some facts about this "Jewish mafia" you speak of.

Israel would like nothing more than peace with the Arabs. It's the arabs (read: not all, only fanatical muslims) who are committing terrorist suicide bombings. Israel is defending itself by killing off all known terrorists. If your country is getting an onsluaght of suicide bombers, you would also try to wipe out the terrorists before they commit another act terror.

Seems to me like you read an opinion peace by someone who hates Israel. Learn the facts and get back to me.

Edit: Damn, seems like i'm the third person to pwn him. At least i got a little more details on the Israel issue :thumbsup:

18. Dirty_Zulu

Dirty_Zulu IncGamers Member

Don't forget the entire North and South American continents. We should all give it back to the Mayans and Aztecs and what's there before.

19. Tutatis

Tutatis IncGamers Member

Yes, they can share incomes or show their happyness with others without screwing other ppls public places and altars. What is I would go into an Jewish or Arab temple and start doing the opposite of what if written in their holy books, together with a traitor priest?

20. DrunkPotHead

No one is asking a Church to marry 2 people of the same sex.

Christianity does NOT have a monopoly on marriage, which was around long before any major organized religion.

(Think: did people in ancient greece get married? If so, then marriage predates christianity and your point is moot.)