Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

what a great example

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ZeppelinAngel, Feb 11, 2004.

1. ZeppelinAngel

ZeppelinAngel IncGamers Member

what a great example

all i can say is, what encouragement to get people to follow your diet

linky

granted, the diet may not have been the only reason, but it was surely a contributing factor

i swear.. if anyone's posted this already... *shakes fist homer style*

2. theBlackKnight

theBlackKnight IncGamers Member

*lifts face up from meat and cheese platter*

bleh, where are the wheat thins?

*returns to fat fest*

oh yeah, I blame durf

3. Jedi44

Jedi44 IncGamers Member

Didn't it say his heart condition was probably caused by a virus, though?

4. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

South Beach Diet > Atkins anyday

Then again, excersice is the only way to lose weight, diets suck. But I still wanna go on the South Beach Diet for a more productive eating habit... still gonna eat my Arby's burgers tho, I can never get enough of them!!!! Damn I'm hungry now, stupid Arby's.

5. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

:rant: Why You! This was ALL READY POSTED IN ...

No place. Just kidding. :D

This has been all over the news all evening. Critics of Atkins diet are coming under a lot of fire for speculating that the doctor died due to ailments caused by following his own diet plan. Sad.

Before today, I didn't even know who the hell Dr. Atkins was. I'm as skinny as a beanpole with a blast-furnace metabolism. A female friend of mine can eat two bites of cake and gain five pounds. I eat the whole damned cake and somehow lose five. :scratch:

6. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

I lose only 4 ... :(

7. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

I hate this stupid diet, didn't know he was dead, I suppose I should stop wishing for him to drop dead then

8. toader

toader Banned

Bad example I guess because he was overweight.

But I think you gotta give him props for reaching out to help other people. Even though his own health wasnt perfect, Im sure he affected many peoples health in his lifetime.

Im sure he's in heaven right now reading these OT forums agreeing with me.

They do have OTF in heaven right?

9. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Eating properly is better than any stupid diet. I've been on the workout and nutrition circuit for years and I say that's the best possible route. Diets only make things worse.

10. toader

toader Banned

Dont lie, fatass.

:innocent:

11. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

One squished Toad coming right up.

*sits on Toader*

12. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Even if he did die of a heart attack, and he was obese, so what? I mean, yeah, it hurts his cause. But just because he was unhealthy doesn't mean his diet is bad for you. It's like doctors who smoke. They know it's healthier not to, they just enjoy their cigarettes.

The Atkins diet is just a fad diet anyway. It's been out since the 70's yet it's only been big for the past 2 years or so. Remember when it was so horrible to eat fat? Now fat's ok, it's the carbs that get you. It reminds me of the two minutes of hate (or however long it was) in Orwell's 1984. The way they just switch the country they are at war with.

Anyhow, nothing beats good diet and exercise. Problem is, diet and exercise takes work. It's not a magic, "just don't eat this and you'll lose weight" diet.

13. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

I don't think proper diet and exercise are that hard. I have a pretty heavy schedule and I manage it no problem. I just do about 45 mins of weights a day before work, I eat good food and I don't eat crap. No biggie.

14. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

But most people don't seem to want to take the time to either:
    1) Make healthy food
    2) Figure out what's healthy, and buy that (because there is healthy fast food)

or

3) Most people don't like the taste of healthy food as much, or they don't know any good recipes for it.

Oh, and it requires some sort of motivation.

edit: Yes, Subway, depending on what you get, is healthy fast food. Get a club without cheese, and the red wine vinagrette dressing on wheat bread, and you've got yourself a healthy sandwich. Even with cheese, it's still pretty healthy. So is their sweet onion chicken teriyaki. I used to eat three of those a week for lunch, and over the course of that time (around 7 months), I lost 15 pounds.

15. th5418

th5418 Banned

Subways is healthy fast food right? ....... RIght?

16. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

True. And that's why their arses have a density rivalling saturn. I can't abide by lazy people. Lazy in terms of taking care of themselves, I mean.

I don't really "make" healthy dishes all that much because I don't have that much time. I just throw some stuff together. Figuring out what's healthy isn't that hard, either. Lazy sons of...

Edit: Th3934393: that whole "healthy" subway garbage was made on the stipulation that you only have certain types of subs. Ie. the ones with the least amount of "tasty" incredients, like bacon, etc. as possible. It's just a marketing gimick that's only a half truth.

17. Anyee

Anyee IncGamers Member

The heart condition was caused by a VIRUS not by being fat. Yay for reading...but that's what the detractors are counting on: people forming erroneous causal relations that leave out key facts. It's all about seeing what you want to see, eh?

18. Savage

Savage IncGamers Member

I'd just like to point out that the BMI (Body Mass Index) way of figuring out whether someone is overweight, obese, whatever is complete and utter BS. Ok, at 6' and 258 lbs this guy was probably fat, but it's very possible for a body builder to be 6' 260+ (take Ahnold for example: 6'2, 275ish competition weight) and I don't think that quite qualifies as obese.

19. ZeppelinAngel

ZeppelinAngel IncGamers Member

yeah i suppose we should all take lessons from you on how to read all the facts before we form an opinion.. :rolleyes:

20. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

Diets don't really suck too much, in some cases. Plus you can't expect to gain any muscle mass from working out and eating Subway, haha. I want to go on a diet to free myself up from having to work out, basically. I'm done with it for the most part. Plus, the South Beach Diet is good for your body, which is always good in my book. Let's just say lately I've been eatting PB&J sandwhiches, milk and orange juice, and water, and Arby's. Not my idea of healthy, even while working out.

Oh and about Atkins, this is old news I don't know why people are crying about it now. When he died I believe they did the same report, so why the big fuss? Most people KNOW it's controversial. Most people KNOW it's not safe. Good post tho, Zepp! :)