Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What 3 character build are the most powerful?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by lior, May 26, 2005.

1. lior

lior IncGamers Member

What 3 character build are the most powerful?

Which 3 build are godlike in hell?
    Which ones can, while fighting the most fearsome monsters, go grab something to eat and come back to their character which was bearly scratched, and then kick the monsters ass in 3sec?

2. befkonijn

befkonijn IncGamers Member

lol, nicely expressed...

make a base str hammerdin with huge life and some nice stuff...
    make a 7k+ vita barb with nice stuff...
    make a fury drood with max block and/or big life...

actually most chars can stand hell if u equip them ok and if they have nice life + resis

grtz bef

3. lior

lior IncGamers Member

Standing hell is not a big problem, but killing VERY fast is.

4. Bert

Bert IncGamers Member

Then go for a hammerdin, but he's expensice.

Bert

5. lior

lior IncGamers Member

Yeah, I saw quite a few hammerdin killing insanely fast. Are there other build like that ?

6. Naitti

Naitti IncGamers Member

1. Summonmancer
    2. Summonmancer
    3. Summonerrrrrrmancererrrrrr

(Hard to figure that I have just started to play summoner, and running through nm like a breeze)

Cheers, Naitti :)

7. befkonijn

i think u will start experiencing problems in hell, when the killing of huge packs of monsters wont go that easy anymore!

hammerdin with a freeze merc is awsome :D

8. lior

lior IncGamers Member

My sorc kicks ass in nightmare easily but can bearly stand hell.

9. DjSlayer

DjSlayer IncGamers Member

If it was not for the fact that the minions are stupid and refuse to move, or target enemies that are less important. You will also not able to cruise throu CS as easy as an hammerdin. Should you compare these two characters I would say that the summoner is the best starting character with 2 lvl 1 skills that is easely maxed by lvl 50, att lvl 50 a hammerdin starts to shine as the killing machine he is. A summoner needs a mightmerc, a hammerdin does not, for him a merc is just convinient. A summoners gear is cheap vs. a hammerdins gear (200-300 hrs* vs 10-25* hrs).

My ranking:
    Hammerdin: this character can go every where, even the wailing beasts in act 3 can't stop him if he has the right gear on switch.

Summoner: This character is the ultimate starting character, is dependent on a merc tho, so Chaos Sanctuary and other places where oblivion knights spawn can be difficult.

Sorc: Alot more expencive than a summoner, but not as expencive as an hammerdin, this char will struggle against alot of imunitie monsters.

* This is top end equipment for that class, such as high life skillers, anni, caster rings, caster ammys, 5/20 SCs, 17/20 SC's, Enigma.

D.J.

10. befkonijn

as i said before, monsters in hell are quite tougher then those in nightmare AND if you play a sorc, there are much more immunes in hell which can provide problems for a sorc or other elemental attack...hammerdin has no immunes to bother with and can take down everything!

Go for hammerdin, even with normal gear they can be strong if you follow the guide in the paladin section.

rich setup and normal setup only difference in weapon, rings, armor and skillers

rich = enigma, hoto, sojs, pala combatskillers
    normal = guardian angel, wizardspike, any usefull ring, any usefull charms

11. Naitti

Naitti IncGamers Member

Nope.. I'm gonna max CE, so I only need one tiny body, and off they go. And the char aint weak anyways, when i have skillers with me, and pretty good equipment too. Only missing Beast. :uhhuh: Level 38 skellies atm at lvl 50, and rocking the house.

BTW!! 200 posts :clap:

12. befkonijn

i assure you that you will lack the fast killing in hell and if you dont, gimme a whisp so i can see you do it :D

djslayer is right with his very rich setup as mine was ofc with normal pala combatskillers for the normal players :D

13. jordy666

jordy666 IncGamers Member

2 handed fury dr00d
    2 handed WW barb
    hammerdin( but it isnt fun)

-jordy :king:

14. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

Maybe you should come and see my Summoner clearing the WSK in Baalrun games. It will surely change your mind. BTW I transferred his Enigma on my Sorceress so he isn't as effective nowadays as he used to be. I'm looking for another Enigma, and as soon as my new Sorceress is finished, I go on with my Necromancer again.

BTW I completely disagree with the Sorceress being stucked in Hell because of Immunities. My Sorceress baalruns solo in 8-players game in Hell without any difficulties. But of course, she has very expensive gear (Infinity, Enigma, CoH Mercenary, Mara 30, 35% Spirit, prismatic charms, etc...)

If you want a demonstration of fast-killing with my Sorceress, you're welcome :lol: ! --> *FNX-REVOLUTIONS

- Frosty

15. Naitti

Naitti IncGamers Member

And maybe if I could some day get my hands on doom-polearm for that holy freeze aura (i wish, never gonna get so expensive item).. Might merc, with holy freeze polearm and me having beast for fanatism.. That should make some effect.. Shouldn't it? :uhhuh:

16. befkonijn

@ frosty: sure want to play some baalruns with you, but i'm nl player and have mf gear sitting on ladder to make first char but still needs to be lvl'ed

sorry i underestimated the powers of a summoner!

17. lior

lior IncGamers Member

Which sorc do you have?
    And what's Infinity ? :rolleyes:

18. Naitti

Naitti IncGamers Member

Infinity:

runeword for 4 sock polearm
    Ber + Mal + Ber + Ist

50% Chance To Cast Level 20 Chain Lightning When You Kill An Enemy
    Level 12 Conviction Aura When Equipped
    +35% Faster Run/Walk
    +255-325% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    -(45-55)% To Enemy Lightning Resistance (varies)
    40% Chance of Crushing Blow
    Prevent Monster Heal
    0.5-49.5 To Vitality (Based on Character Level)
    30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
    Level 21 Cyclone Armor (30 Charges)

Very nice rw for merc! :thumbsup:

19. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Pride> doom for a summoner.
    Really a fully decked out summoner is on par in killing speed with any hammerdin out there, this means >800 damage skeletons (requires close to lvl 50 RS+mastery), beast runeword, pride runeword on a might merc wearing andys visage + COH armor (+4 to might), enigma is an absolute must for a really effective summoner since it solves all your minion positioning problems. Vs baal, swap merc's pride for a eth hone sundan or obedience and he will go down in no time as well. (really much faster than a hammerdin trying to kill baal with hammers, of c the smart ones will have a smite switch).

20. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Faith/Pride/Might merc skellimancer with as many plus skills possible and prebuffed with an Arm of King Leoric and a good +3-4 shield (+4 possible with Splendor on a +3RS/SM head). You get like 13-15 skellies doing 3-4K damage after Amp damage kicks in depending on monster PDR (Obviously less like a mere 500 or so for broken Immunes). I can not imagine anything more Godly for PvM.

Getting this is my goal before the ladder reset. Gladly accepting donations to the "Help Pherdnut get a Ridiculously Godly Character on USWest before the Ladder Reset Fund." :D

Also, for Hell Cow runs I've never seen anything kill as fast as a poison/skellimancer. He does in mere seconds what it would take my Meteorb minutes.