Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Whar merc to use with an Avenger

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by chicagobullit, May 13, 2005.

1. chicagobullit

chicagobullit IncGamers Member

Whar merc to use with an Avenger

I've been slowly bringing up an avenger through hell. The build is a lot of fun, but i need a merc. I'm not really sure which merc would the best for an Avenger. What merc do you think would be best?

2. MyUserName

MyUserName IncGamers Member

for NL, Might with a Doom weapon.

Dunno about ladder.

3. chicagobullit

well that would be great, but doom is out of my reach. i play ladder, and the weapons i currently have are: tomb reaver (2 sockets), reapers toll, bonehew, insight, obedience cryptic axe, and some decent rares.

i guess it's a tossup between might, cold, and defense. i just hired a cold aura merc, would a might merc be any better for an Avenger?

4. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

Well might would help a little with leech, but other than that I don't think it'll help THAT much with your killing ability. On the other side, holy freeze will help control the crowds (which is nice since you are fighting one on one) and if you combine it with reapers toll you will be much safer from being overwhelmed my the nasties. Hope that helps :).

5. ShaiTanZul

ShaiTanZul IncGamers Member

I am also making a vengeance pala, lvl 43 right now. I think I'm gonna use the cold merc.
    Simply because the reason mentioned before, you're fighting alone so a little crowd control would be nice :)

On the other hand, if you're defense is real low you should consider a defence merc.
    But you can also get nice defense with exile and/or holy shield.

I consider these 2 most valuable for vengeance pala...

6. theHATERSclub

theHATERSclub IncGamers Member

Use a holy freeze merc with demon's arch. Being an avenger is all about elemental damage. So why not let your merc use your conviction aura to his advantage as well. My lvl ** conviction zealot has a merc with that set up. He rocks! Merc also uses Vamp Gaze and eth Gloom rune armor (he needed resists and massive def to be happy).

7. chicagobullit

i forgot about the demons arch. i have 2 but i don't think they are eth. right now i'm using a cold merc weilding reapers toll, up'd duriels and guillams face for the cb.

right now i'm leveling in hell baal runs, and i always stick around to kill baal. i'm amazed how fast this avenger can solely take down baal.

8. Rat

Rat IncGamers Member

My mercenaries always die in 2-3 hits from Baal no matter how i equip them.
    It must be a bug right?