Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Werewolf Weapon?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Ehrenwert Tauren Kämpfer, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Ehrenwert Tauren Kämpfer

Ehrenwert Tauren Kämpfer IncGamers Member

Werewolf Weapon?

I am making a werewolf druid. What I want to know is:

Should I use a 1 handed-weapon and aim for max block or should I use a 2 handed weapon like Hellslayer or IK Maul?

What 1-handed weapon should I aim for if I do go Max Block

2. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

pvp or pvm?

3. Black_Dog

Black_Dog IncGamers Member

NEVER EVER EVER EVER Utter the name "Hellslayer"... in this forum, ever! It must always be referred to as "Hellslower". cuz it's slow... (Not a flame, just me spazzing out in mock spazzery)

Anywho, if it's pvp go for t3h max block... i'd say you're gonna need something along the lines of a BotD Zerker or eZerker to really kick the snot out of peoples. This can also be applied to PvM as well.

But with PvM you're gonna wanna use a 2 hander since you'd rather be killing stuff then be stuck in pseudo-block-lock. Ethereal Tomb Reaver is a good choice along with like a BotD Ethereal Giant Poleaxe or Thresher... but i'm not up to date with the current fashions and trends on Bnet so someone else may have better advice.

IK Maul and Hellslower will get you through maybe act1 hell, act2 if you're lucky. But what do i know? i haven't played at that level in months >.<

4. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

It lives !!!!!!

5. theBlackKnight

theBlackKnight IncGamers Member

I could have had an eth bugged reaver if I hadnt thrown it away -_-.

6. Euro-Crash

Euro-Crash IncGamers Member

Grief Phase Blade, with enough +skills to achieve a lvl 39 FURY. Your average damage (with 156 strength) will be around 7K (per swing in a 5 swing attack...in a 7/4 FURY) and it will be pretty disgusting.

7. Redman681

Redman681 IncGamers Member

How much would damage increase if you added fortitude to the mix? Also, I think grief phase is 5, not 4, but I'm not 100% on that.

8. te500cdt

te500cdt IncGamers Member

Hello, correct me if I am wrong but I don't think a grief PB can achieve a 7/4 fury attack. Hellslayer is indeed slow. It looks cool, though, while in human form. I used boneslayer, Passion made on a feral axe earlier, and now Oath on a feral axe and they were all decent. I always try to view and play the game at the most viable scenario as that's what most players can afford. In my humble opinion, werewolves have weak crowd control compared to several other characters that a strong weapon won't do it all. Maneuvering in game is quite important too. Charging into a herd of 20 hell cows or very often, combo of mana burn, cursed, fanatic, might pack and u know that 4000-8000 HP u think u have is barely enough. I did try the Fortitude armor. Not sure how the math is done with the ED mod on armors but I manage to get an extra of 30-40+% damage from it. Just my opinion. :D

9. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

I would say CoH > fort for pvm - leech, resistances, lots of dmg to demons and undead, skills.

10. Euro-Crash

Sorry...forgot to mention that would be with Fortitude and Phoenix.

11. Black_Dog

Black_Dog IncGamers Member

yeah, no runewords that i know of off the top of my head can result in a 4 frame fury. I would have suggested grief, but i didn't know if he was ladder or not or how much wealth he had aquired.

12. Euro-Crash

True...not even BoTD phase blade can do it...it is shy 1% WIAS. Too bad. Grief would do plenty of damage, but it would not be fast enough. And with Phoenix, you would get the added damage...but your block rate would be terrible.

I am thinking of building a druid. Griz Caddy with 4*40/15 in it...That might be pretty gnarly. Even a Fury Fanged Knife would be sweet....going back to the OLD SKOOL.

13. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

BotD Phase Blade is 4 frame I think, right? Or Giant Thresher?

Edit: I've been corrected before I even posted. :)

14. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

IK maul with Shaels is a decent end-game weapon, for a fury druid..Also upgraded Ribcracker with shael is nice, as you can see I'd recommend 2-handed.

15. Redman681

Redman681 IncGamers Member

I have to disagree with a 5 frame not being fast enough. I use ebotd zerk on my ww and I find that is plenty of speed. I acutally prefer it over my 3*40/15 Lo caddy, which is probably what you would want to do instead of having the 4 40/15. Also, you need 75 IAS on a botd phase to get to 4 frames so it has more than 1 ias to go.