WereWolf Weapon question

White Dragon

Diabloii.Net Member
WereWolf Weapon question

Well im making a fury druid, there isnt much to say except me whos not sure about what weapon to use.
i could either go for a (rather expensive)Eth Tomb 3sox(zod ed/ias juwels)
or choose to use EBotd Archon Staff

Now id like you guys to tell me what best choice would be(damage/ias bp)
and any other comments are welcome(since this would be my first shaper)

Thx in advance
Wd

fredsta54

Diabloii.Net Member
hmmm

doom giant thresher is my favourite by far. Holy freeze is godly, it has range 5, and it has the fastest 2h fury speed. The damage is also incredible.

Also ebotd great poleaxe is uber, but id have to go with the doom giant thresher (giant thresher is the only 2h weapon that will be fast enough in "doom")

Fred

Tor

Diabloii.Net Member
you're wrong.

doom gt has a 5 fpa speed

fastest is 4
http://www.geocities.com/buffalo_bob38/cgtoq.jpg
this is one of the fastest 2 hand fury speed at 6/4 IIRC only thing faster is a 5/4 fury speed which is bascially a 6 socket gt with 6 shaels

anyway etomb reaver is an excellent weapon, 4 fpa. (useful for both pvm/pvp)
but what is this for? pvp or pvm?

ebotd archonstaff is excellent pvm weapon, mine has around 840 max damage adn the tight damage max and mins makes it a consistant damage dealer. It's range 2 so not very useful for pvp. for pvp i suggest ebotd great poleaxe beacuse of the 5 fpa range5 1000 damage power it packs

ed/ias+ XXX ik maul is also nice for pvm, with the ik set bunus's demons and PI's are all killed fast.

doom giant thresher-5fpa range 5 holy freeze, good pvm weapon extremely bad mannered for pvp also the "godly" holy freeze effect doesnt affect 4 fpa druid attacks

ahcw

Diabloii.Net Member
Well Tor pretty much covered the majority of your choices. If your pick is between the BoTD Archon and Eth Tomb then I'd probably use Tomb but both are extremely sexy wpns.

fredsta54

Diabloii.Net Member
Tor said:
you're wrong.

doom gt has a 5 fpa speed

fastest is 4
http://www.geocities.com/buffalo_bob38/cgtoq.jpg
this is one of the fastest 2 hand fury speed at 6/4 IIRC only thing faster is a 5/4 fury speed which is bascially a 6 socket gt with 6 shaels

anyway etomb reaver is an excellent weapon, 4 fpa. (useful for both pvm/pvp)
but what is this for? pvp or pvm?

ebotd archonstaff is excellent pvm weapon, mine has around 840 max damage adn the tight damage max and mins makes it a consistant damage dealer. It's range 2 so not very useful for pvp. for pvp i suggest ebotd great poleaxe beacuse of the 5 fpa range5 1000 damage power it packs

ed/ias+ XXX ik maul is also nice for pvm, with the ik set bunus's demons and PI's are all killed fast.

doom giant thresher-5fpa range 5 holy freeze, good pvm weapon extremely bad mannered for pvp also the "godly" holy freeze effect doesnt affect 4 fpa druid attacks

ok so it reaches 5fpa, the slowing effect of the hf makes your life a lot easier though. WW w/ holy freeze looks damn cool too

Fred

White Dragon

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok thx for the input guys.
Doom or EBotd great poleaxe didnt crossed my mind, but they sounds quite cool to(though doom isnt an option cause of non eth&aura)

Anyway this druid is pvp and iv already got myself an eth tomb(fair stats, 3sox 245/34 res)however, you guys are talking bout 4fpa attack(im not so good calculating the ias thing)so anyway, when would i be able to get this, i expect werewolf skill around 37/ 90ias tomb(-10 weapon base speed)and another 10 from bloodfist, would this be enough

thx for the help
cheers wd

White Dragon

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok, so there would be no point in having of weapon ias?(like bloodfist)
also when socketing it with ed ias, i would be having 5ias witch doesnt matter at all

Anyway thx for help
cheers wd

Tor

Diabloii.Net Member
non weapon ias (oias) only works if you attack really really slowly usually 8 fpa or less

White Dragon

Diabloii.Net Member
ok thx Tor

Then final question:

in pvp(witch this druide will be)wouldnt feral rage be a better option over fury because of frw speed?
any comments?

cheers wd

Tor

Diabloii.Net Member
no

fury has damage, and just charge feral rage off of liek a zombie then switch to fury you still get the leech and sprred monus