Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Werewolf Druid Build, lots of remaining skill points? D: i

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Feeling Oblivion, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Feeling Oblivion

Feeling Oblivion IncGamers Member

Werewolf Druid Build, lots of remaining skill points? D:

I do apologise if this is covered in any obvious threads which gives a comprehensive guide on what to put skill points into after about lvl 70, but all the guides ive read are very vague. So if there is a good guide telling skill point distribution after the skills ive maxed which im just about to mention, then boot me in the *** and point me to it, if not anyone got any ideas what to put my skill points into ?

Werewolf PVM Druid

Maxed Werewolf
    Maxed Lycantropy
    Maxed Fury
    Maxed Oak Sage
    4 points into feral rage

Hes level 90 and has something like a ridiculous 15 skill points remaining or something, anyone got any ideas what to put these into ? Theres nothing else in shapeshifting that I think is worth investing in. Feral rage always has a base of 4 - x % life leach so its not worth pumping much more into this skill ? I get quite alot of life leach from my items anyway so this is not partiuclary necessary.

I was thinking perhaps cyclone armour or something? No idea really, anyone got any bright ideas?

2. Sim.The.GoSu

Sim.The.GoSu IncGamers Member

A meat shield. Like put in grizz.

3. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Grizzly owns.

Edit: Or consider whipping out a carrion wind and putting them in rabies.

4. [D]Rui[D]

[D]Rui[D] IncGamers Member

Yeah dump the rest of the skill points into Grizzly.
    excellent life saver a grizz is~

5. VVanker79

VVanker79 IncGamers Member

If your done with the shape-shifter tree and you're already clvl90 (doesn't seem like you need the meat shield), I'd probably put the points into cyclone armor. But I'm far from an expert, so take that advice for what it's worth.

6. GIR

GIR Banned

Level 14, non-synergized Cyclone armor absorbs 196 points if I' not mistaken. I'd think in Hell that would be gone pretty quick, but someone like Fenris will know that better than I will, as I have yet to take my Wind Druid into Hell yet.

Doesn't seem like a whole lot to be though, compared to what I hear the damage done in Hell is.

Also, you can't cast in in Werewolf mode, so everytime it needs to be recast, you'd need to shift, cast, shift back again. That's rather inconvenient and in my opinion not all that worth it, especially is it's getting taken down quickly. Probably much better to have a Grizzly, which will not only distract monters from you, but will also take hits for you from all types of damage, last longer, and do damage back.

I'd say go Grizzly.

7. Feeling Oblivion

Feeling Oblivion IncGamers Member

Aiye my druid has a ridiculous amount of life with oak sage and lots of points in vitality :) I assume you all mean summon grizzly ?

I suppose the diversion couldnt hurt, but quite interested in cyclone armour too, with + skills would be about lvl 20 cyclone armour, will this cut it in hell, or will i constantly have to un-morph from werewolf to recast ? If so I guess summon grizzly ?

8. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

If you dont need a meat shild i would put 1 of those spare points into ravens then pump the rest into either feral rage or rabies. Both are very good options, if you use rabies though make sure you dont put any into poison creeper and strap on a carrion wind like fenris mentioned.

Only do feral rage if you charge fury though. A lot of people have confusion w/ this to be honest ... another option is to work on maxing another sage. My ladder wolf went rabies but my non-ladder pvp has maxed HoW and lvl 17 oak.

9. GIR

GIR Banned

Level 20 absorbs something like 268 points. Might work alright for a little bit of a buffer against elemental damage, but I wouldn't rely on it. More of something to help you out if you find yourself in a jam. Never know, it could take that stray Charged Bolt from a Lightning Enchant that means the difference between life and death.

I'm able to take a pretty good beating from a Multiple Shot Lightning Enchant in Nightmare, but my Cyclone Armor can take a little over 1,000 points at the moment.

So, it *could* be useful. Just not as something to rely on in Hell. Especially when you can't recast it in Werewolf form.

10. VVanker79

VVanker79 IncGamers Member

That's what I was thinking. Cyclone armor isn't something that you can rely on unless you really pump it and it's synergizes. But since he's clvl90, I was assuming he's not having too much trouble. So the little extra from cyclone would just be a nice little bonus. At that level, you can't really go wrong either way (cyclone/grizzly).

11. GIR

GIR Banned

That's true. At level 90, he's obviously done alright for himself up to now without either, so whatever he picks is really just gonna be gravy. What he picks will probably come down to what appeals to him more, which I think would be Cyclone Armor by what he posted.

12. baseball_boy35

baseball_boy35 IncGamers Member

A fun lil thing you can do would be using a low lvl armageddon with ur wolf. It could hit stray little guys and i think it puts people in hit recovery when it hits. An armageddon coupled with 5 ravens would mean lotsa blocking while ur able to wait with ur fury. Im pvp tho, so pvm is not really my bag o' chipz. :scratch: