Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

wereform + ranged weapon, bug or feature?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by mantrid_drone, Feb 19, 2004.

1. mantrid_drone

mantrid_drone IncGamers Member

wereform + ranged weapon, bug or feature?

I read about an odd idea that I just tested, now I'm curious if this is a bug or a feature. When you turn into a werewolf/werebear, your druid uses his claws but with the weapon stats. IE You have a sword that does 100 damage, your claws do 100 damage plus any bonuses.

The odd thing, is that this seems to work with ranged weapons. Specifically, I read about doing this with a buriza crossbow. It does big damage, has 80 ias, and it will become a melee weapon in wereform.

Combining this with fury had some interesting (really fast attack, nice damage, freeze target) results in single player. My question is, is this intended behavior?

Edit: The speed is even more ridiculous with a shael, also note you are not charged any bolts for using the bow in this way.

2. electricblue

electricblue IncGamers Member

intended, and they become range 1

read some guides, also
    like mine

3. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

...and note that it does use bolts if you use "attack" instead of fury. Or at least it did in 1.09. :)

4. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

FYI... to hit the next fury breakpoint you need another 13 IAS in the weapon so you should prolly socket it and stick in a 40/15, or a shael

5. TheDragoon

TheDragoon IncGamers Member

I'd call it a feature, not a bug. It doesn't really hurt things and it's not THAT big a deal. It is pretty weird, though.

-TheDragoon

6. ~Kazama Fury~

~Kazama Fury~ IncGamers Member

what.... it never used up any bolts for every attack you did. you only needed to equip any amount of bolts to be able to equip the buriza. like you cant use a bow without the arrows, etc. once ur able to equip the buriza or whatever bow/xbox, in werewolf, attacks dont cost any stack at all.

well i guess someone can correct me if i am wrong, but ive been always leveling my druids with buriza, the same one, the same bolts and i think after so many attacks in cow levels, i would have alteast been forced to get new ones if that was the case.

7. the1spoon

the1spoon IncGamers Member

You're rite Kazama. You never use up bolts, even w/ your normal attack. I use the same setup on my MF WW, and I never run out of ammo.