Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Werebears & Clegaws

Discussion in 'Druid' started by dtwofoo, Apr 20, 2008.

1. dtwofoo

dtwofoo IncGamers Member

Werebears & Clegaws

I have the clegaws gloves and shield (the gloves r perfect 4 looking like a badass werebear) and it gave a set bonus of i think something on the shield (possibly not) and i had +290 atk (based on level @29), problem is i have 2 other uniquie shields that both rock, im having enought trouble debating whether adding str to use one of the shields right now, (the current one im using has some nice stuff, plus 50% open wounds which is good for fighting off all of those annoying little mofos)...

I ended up selling the clegaws shield.. but seeing as the atk was scaleable, and at a pretty sweet amount (at level 29 anyway).. should I start tradung away for it, or accept the loss of precious atk for the sweet stats and def of these other shields?

2. KellKheraptis

KellKheraptis IncGamers Member

Re: Werebears & Clegaws

Well, at 29 you can use Angelic's as of 17 levels ago, and those will not only add a boatload of AR, but a ton of life as well, that gets multiplied by oak sage/lycanthropy. Not to mention the regen is cool if you're just clearing areas and don't feel like wasting the belt and/or scurrying off to town to heal. One Angelic Ring, the ammy, and one Manald Heal ring will keep you set all the way until 45 for a Raven Frost :)

3. dtwofoo

dtwofoo IncGamers Member

thanks for the advice.. im not sure if i can find these items, i have a bunch of uniqes i should try trading i guess, im using a spineripper and ive got a ravenfrost in the bank. Im wearing jalals and got a cerebus bite, people just gave me alot of free stuff.. right now im trying to figure out what to put in this mosers i have, not sure if angelic is a set ill have to check. Im going with wov spirit. Basically maul buildup fc with everything in werebear or spirit.. seems to be working out well so far... Im also wondering if there are any crossbows that are good for werebear since that just seems cool.

4. KellKheraptis

KellKheraptis IncGamers Member

Moser's goes well with Perfect Diamonds for more resists, and in normal, that will darn near max you out. Angelic's are a level 12 set, the two pertinent pieces of which may be obtained for virtually nothing on the trade forums here (couple pgems tops). As for fast 1 handers at that level, Baezil's Vortex is pretty nice, of course Ribcracker for two handers (my new Town Dump Werebear is using it now and stomping anything he comes across). An Aldur's weapon is ok with 3 shaels until you find something better, also, and it comes with a ton of leech. Regardless of skill layout, if you have the ability to go werebear, a point in shockwave is NEVER a waste, it is one of if not the best crowd control PvM ability in the game, rivaling War Cry and Dim Vision for utility and survivability.

5. dtwofoo

dtwofoo IncGamers Member

i was thinking about trying for splendor runeword in the shield... i recently traded a spineripper for a fleshrender and an ok necklace, but now my atk sucks, i was doing alright in hell with spineripper because with just 1 in hunger and all my +skll i could swith from stun and hunger and practically stay alive, but fleshrender is so darn slow T.T, right now im trying to figure out the deal with a 6 socket something because i heard you should just stack that with shaels.. or 4 shael and something else, neway thanks for the advice, im level 46 right now and stuck in hell a1, dumb idea to kill baal in nm

6. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps IncGamers Member

The 6 socket something you hear about a lot is a phase blade. They are mainly used for fireclaw bears because the low dmg on the sword itself doesn't matter. It allows the fireclaw user to hit a 4 frame swing.