Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

WereBear need help

Discussion in 'Druid' started by greeneyez, Jan 29, 2004.

1. greeneyez

greeneyez IncGamers Member

WereBear need help

Hello guys / girls

I recently aquired a Windhammer and now i would like to make a werebear around it. This weapon requires a lot of strength (225) and a druid needs a lot of points in VIT so my question is how do i deal with the low AR?

I seen some nice things in the fireclaw build, so maybe go that way?

other equip i have : ravenfrost, saracen's chance, duriels shell.

PLz some suggestions

Thx by advance

2. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

ravenfrost is a must, and that duriel's shell can be really helpful in pvm also.

One of the best ways to get around having low AR is by stacking up on AR charms... my throwbarb's AR goes from 5k to 11k just from his charms. on grand charms, it can spawn up to 125 AR (this of course is multiplied heavily to become more like 750-850 actual AR) and large or small charms can have AR too.

--fatty

3. VictusMetuo

VictusMetuo IncGamers Member

You don't need incredible AR if you're PvM. And Druids don't even need Vitality really either, because you could have plenty of life with no Vitality, and get your life from charms and eqiupment. You can do the same thing for AR, and get it straight from charms and equipment.

Windhammer is really too slow for a FCB. Shael'd with no OIAS is 8-Frames, half the speed you should be attacking at. This weapon would be more for a Hybrid Mauler or a straight Mauler.

PvM Mauler Guide: http://students.washington.edu/akrinke/werebear/

4. schreier

schreier IncGamers Member

Are there any material changes to the mauler build from 1.09 to 1.10? I am guessing that one would now max OS / HoW --- but other than that --- anything worth noting? BTW -- I am building mine towards the IK set w/ jalal's, mara's, ravenfrost, and bul kathos (w/ 15 IAS jewel in helm -- get to 7 frame attack i think w/ 2 shaeled hammer)

Thanks!

5. Forksup31

Forksup31 IncGamers Member

Well, for pvm I would suggest a IK maul over windhammer (although the twisters look cool), and like victus said, if you use fireclaws you should have a 6 shael phase (don't remember exact numbers for 4 fpa, but you get the idea), mauls are for maulers.

Schreier: except for gear options and the spirit bug being fixed, nothing from .9 is different in .10 with old school maulers, also your calculations are correct with 15 ias in your helm, and the 25 ias partial set bonus on ik gloves, you'll hit 7 fpa with a double shael IK maul :)

6. VictusMetuo

VictusMetuo IncGamers Member

Just really the caps aren't there for spirits and Wereform. Other than that, duration on Shockwave works properly now and if you use summons, they got nerfed in terms of life/damage. So that's the skill changes, and then there's just item changes.

It's 110% WIAS for a Phase and 105% WIAS [with 15% OIAS] for a Giant Thresher if you would like to go 2-Handed.

7. joepublic

joepublic IncGamers Member

anglic set ammy and rings give LOTS AR and its cheap, but, u want to use bulkathos, raven frost, etc.