Werebear Help Please

EnerSense

Diabloii.Net Member
Werebear Help Please

I've looked in the Druid forum for werebear guides but they were either for a previous patch or for pvp. This will be a fire claws werebear. I plan on using the IK set (minus the helmet of course). I was lucky enough to get all the pieces after about 2.5 years of playing. Just wondering where the skill points should go. This is what I think the end game build will look like:

Shape Shifting
Werewolf 1pt
Lycanthropy 20pts
Werebear 6pts
Fire Claws 20pts

Summoning
Raven 1pt

Elemental
Firestorm 15pts
Molten Boulder 15pts
Fissure 15pts
Volcano 10 pts

This looks decent for Fire Claws. I'm not sure about regular physical attacks. What would be a good balance between the two? Should I put more points in Werebear and Maul? What about Hunger and Shockwave? Thanks for any info!

omgwtfbbqpwned

Diabloii.Net Member
If you're going a pure FC route, you don't really need to worry about the physical side too much.

One point in Hunger and Shockwave is all you really need.

Harrid

Diabloii.Net Member
Obviously I don't know what the rest of your gear is like, but maxed Fireclaws with 50 points in synergies is enough for ~3000 damage, which should be enough (more is nice, naturally, but I think having a balanced character is more important than pumping one ability to the max unless this is going to be a dedicated runner of a specific target [*cough*ANDY*cough* :laugh: ]). I'd say go with 20/20/10 in the first 3 fire spells, and put 10 or so (or more, of course) into Shockwave to help make up for having a single target main attack. Anything else...well, more Werebear would probably be my choice since it takes advantage of both the high damage weapon and the high defense armor, but putting more into Maul would not be a bad choice either. A point in Hunger is an option, but I would not go with it as the biggest advantage (psycho attack speed) is covered by FC already. The extra leech would be nice, but you already have a nice chunk from IK gloves.

EnerSense

Diabloii.Net Member
If you're going a pure FC route, you don't really need to worry about the physical side too much.

One point in Hunger and Shockwave is all you really need.
Ok. If I fight a fire immune, does fire claws do any damage? If it doesn't, maybe I'll put more into Maul and Werebear and less into Fire Claws synergies. Sorry, I don't have much experience with Druids.

tartanasia

Diabloii.Net Member
surely on fireclaws you want 1handed weapon with max speed plus good block of a shield? With Imk on I can actually see you getting flatend in hell evry easily.

EnerSense

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for your replies. Looks like I'll need to experiment more with this build. My druid is at level 14 atm.

omgwtfbbqpwned

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok. If I fight a fire immune, does fire claws do any damage? If it doesn't, maybe I'll put more into Maul and Werebear and less into Fire Claws synergies. Sorry, I don't have much experience with Druids.
Yah, when you use Fire Claws, you deal both physical and fire damage. But most pure FC Werebears carry a Phase Blade, so the physical damage output isn't that great. If you go pure FC, you could always keep a slower but has more physical damage output weapon on the switch and use a combination of Maul/FC to kill FIs. Or you could always dump a few more points into Maul/Werebear.

110 IAS is required for the fastest FC attack if you're using a Phase Blade (5 frames). So either a 6*Shael PB or 4*Shael with 2 IAS/2nd mod jewels will get you there. Dracul's Grasp are sweet gloves for any melee build but especially this one because normal life leech won't be of any real use to you. Lifetap, however, will still give you a good amount of health back per hit, regardless of how mu physical damage you do. Stormshield/Dungo's/Harlequin Crest/Shaftstop are all good options due to %DR as well as having other sweet mods.

A good setup, IMO, would be:

Jalal's Mane
Shaftstop
110 IAS PB
Stormshield
Nosferatu's Coil
Dracul's Grasp
War Traveller (added damage will be good for helping with leeching life back)
Ravenfrost/Angelic Ring
Angelic Ammy

On switch: Up'd (twice) Steeldriver for those FI's. Any big hitting weapon would do but I just think Steeldriver is sechseh.

Good AR boost, %damage goes to mana and +life are the main reasons for the Angelic gear and of course Ravenfrost's CBF is the main reason for that, with the +Dex and AR it gives being the icing on the cake. With that setup you'll have no mana leech but Angelic's %damage goes to mana it shouldn't be an issue. All in all it's a pretty cheap setup and should see you through.

Edit: Speelin era.

Crazy Runner Guy

Diabloii.Net Member
I made one of these and maxed out FC damage as best I could. I believe gear was as follows:

jalals
6x shael PB
lionheart
SS
+2 druid dual leech ammy
cb gloves
dungo's
2x ravens
gores

FC kills great against all non-FI's. If I were to build the char again (and I might), I'd use a Ravenlore for the -fire res, facets and some more CB (so necessary).

crg

Evah

Diabloii.Net Member
1). i'd put at least 1 pt into shockwave. a nice thungie indeed.
2). personally i would rearrange synergie pts like this:
max cano + max boulder, rest into other syns. this setup will help you with chaos sanct (at least in norm and nm).
3). 1 pt into OS can never be harmful.
4). to reach 4 fpa with fireclaws you need a [5 shael+ ias j00l] phase blade. it has poor phys dmg, so there is no reason for putting more than 1 pt into bear. to fight FIs, use CB (this will be quite deadly with such ridiculous aspd) and open wounds.

i hope i helped a bit)))

EnerSense

Diabloii.Net Member
4). to reach 4 fpa with fireclaws you need a [5 shael+ ias j00l] phase blade. it has poor phys dmg, so there is no reason for putting more than 1 pt into bear. to fight FIs, use CB (this will be quite deadly with such ridiculous aspd) and open wounds.
I have a 6 OS pb so I'll just put 6 shaels in. Can you get by without a shield? I've used a build with max block before but would like to try without it this time. I was thinking of putting those points into Vitality instead.

omgwtfbbqpwned

Diabloii.Net Member
Yah, you can get by without a shield, Shockwave is pretty gg when it comes to crowd control. Shockwave, kill, Shockwave, kill.

EnerSense

Diabloii.Net Member
Yah, you can get by without a shield, Shockwave is pretty gg when it comes to crowd control. Shockwave, kill, Shockwave, kill.
Thanks. I won't use a shield then. Shockwave must be good. My druid is at level 23 right now. Can't wait to try it at level 24!