Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Werebear Gear Help Needed!!!

Discussion in 'Druid' started by uHHwateVa, Sep 4, 2006.

1. uHHwateVa

uHHwateVa IncGamers Member

Werebear Gear Help Needed!!!

:prop: Hi, I've read the Guide to the Hungry Bear, by JanusJones: http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=458226

and the Kodiak guide, by Zabo: http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=442527
    ...and I've decided to make a PvM, Uber Tristram running Werebear, main attacks being Hunger/Maul.

I've come across many problems, including gear selection, which breakpoints I should have in FHR, FBR, DR, IAS, what amount of Crushing Blow, Deadly Strike, Open Wounds I should have, and how much absorb/resists I should have to successfully do ubers (I don't plan to solo ubers, I have a wolf druid friend who uses Fury as an attack)

... Anyway heres my current gear layout/what gear I have considered using. Please give criticism in anyway.

Helmet: Cerebrus socketed with a 40/15MAX or a Guillaume's Face, socketed with a 40/15 MAX.
    Armor: Fortitude
    Gloves: Dracul's
    Belt: Nosferatu's Coil, or Verdungo's, or String of Ears
    Boots: Gore Rider's
    Ammy/Rings: Higlords, with 1x Raven frost, and 1x Dual leech ring (current choice is Corruption Grip: Dual leach, 100+ AR, Resists)
    Charms: 19/20 Dtorch, and a 16/16/6 Anni, with 38x 3/20/20's.
    ***Now, here's one of my big dilemmas, what weapon/shield to use... Heres my current set up: 4x Shael'd Griswold's Caddy, or Beast Zerker, with Phoenix Monarch.

I'm not sure if any of this gear will work well with ubers... My budget is unlimited, and I am looking for the best possible items to use. Any experianced input is needed, especially in which items/charms to use, as well as what Breakpoints, Resists, CB/OW/DS I should have.

I also need help in whether I should have more FHR, more DR, Max Block, and/or More Resists.

Thank you in advance, and sorry for my frequently being rhetoric in what I need help in :embarassed:

2. Kosmos

Kosmos IncGamers Member

well if its for pwm only i would use this:

Guillames face (30 max jewel, 40/15 max is bugged) i pick this over cerebus because you dont need as much ar in pvm.
    Fortitude
    Storm (shael)
    Grief phaseblade with 40 ias or Gris Caddy with 3* 40/15 ias shael
    Highlords
    2 ravens
    Gores
    Verdugo
    Dracs

charms: Tourch, anni, 32020's add some 20/5's if you need more resist

3. inkanddagger

inkanddagger Banned

use CoH to trist with - you still get massive ed% to demons witht the added skills and res.

also you can use ditch guillaumes, use um jalals and ditch gores for goblin toes. you don't need to run fast really when you have the ability to stun everything save the primes.

prebuff yourself (+5 from mangs)and use kingslayer phase on one switch, griefp on the other.

i would keep shockwave on right click, a as maul and s as hunger. hunger works great vs baal, as it is partially uninterruptable - baal won't knock you back, as long as you are next to him and biting.

54 fhr should be fine for pvm.
    wisp/raven > raven/raven because of meph.

use dracs.

good luck!:thumbsup:

4. uHHwateVa

uHHwateVa IncGamers Member

Okay, i've made some changes:

Uber Baal/Diablo
    ---------------------

Helmet: Guillaume's Face (15res/7fhr)
    Armor: Fortitude
    Gloves: Dracul's Grasp
    Belt: Verdungo's Hearty Cord
    Boots: Gore Riders
    Rings: Angelic Rings
    Amulet: Angelic Ammy
    Shield: Stormshield (Um)
    Weapon: Griswold's Caddy (2x Shael/2x 15res-15ias)
    Charms: 19/20 DTorch, 16/16/6 Anni, 38x 3/20/20's

Uber Mephisto
    ------------------

Helmet: Kira's Guardian (Um)
    Armor: CoH/Duress
    Gloves: Steel Rends
    Belt: T-Gods
    Boots: Goblin Toes
    Rings: Raven Frost/Wisp Projector
    Amulet: Highlords
    Shield: Stormshield (Um)
    Weapon: Griswold's Caddy (2x Shael/2x 15res-15ias)
    Charms: 19/20 DTorch, 16/16/6 Anni, 38x 3/20/20's

Please, due to my current gear change, leave further criticism/suggestions on my gear choices... Thanks.