werebear FC question

BabyDruid

Diabloii.Net Member
werebear FC question

im in the process of making one of these guys, looks like a very fun build.
i plan to use fort and phoenix for the insane amount of ED. But that leads me to my question, i heard ED doesn't work with fireclaws?

I been looking for some werebear FC builds and can't find any :cry:
i'm just wondering, if i can't use fort whats my other option. and what should i stock my inventory with ? poison charms im thinking ? or life gc's ? 3/20/20's is out of the picture, i like to play with perms.

Jary

Diabloii.Net Member
ED only affects phys damage, not fc damage. Therefore, simple 20/-20 will do u a lot more damage and work better than phoenix, since pb does very little damage itself. Just use Enigma for speed and skills, get 7-8 shapers and lots of life and your good. Stack lots of fire skills and your damage will be quite good ^^

And sure, 3/20/20's will work if you can get them, but I recommend life/fire-light resist sc's or lc's to fill in the gaps 'cause you will be short resists for sure, unless u use coh.

psych

Diabloii.Net Member
But maybe the -28 fire resist on Phoenix will work better than the facets in the shield if he invests a lot into the synergies of fireclaws. (-> so the added 20% dmg is not such an improvement anymore).

Just a thought, sorry I can't be of more help.

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
But maybe the -28 fire resist on Phoenix will work better than the facets in the shield if he invests a lot into the synergies of fireclaws. (-> so the added 20% dmg is not such an improvement anymore).
The +20% fire damage is multiplicative, not additive, with synergies. This means you could have a full 100 points in synergies, and 4 perf facets would still boost your final damage output by 20%. That's pretty significant, no matter what.

Jary

Diabloii.Net Member
yeah, good call. Yeah, its not so much the -% damage anymore, since I mean almost anyone these days can just stack resists, but the extra +% damage with a high enough lvl fireclaw and synergies gives huge returns.
... This is why for me, I always like going all out in fire synergies because with enough facets, you get a sygnificantly higher boost in damage than you would otherwise...

ie. Let me just give a little tutorial:
Lets assume your gear is the shizzzznat, and consists of--
- Jalal 5/-5% facet
- +20/-20% archon plate armor w/ mod
- +20/-20% monarch shield
- Magefists
-+3shape ammy/2xpRavens
anni, torch, 9xshape GC

all right, this gives you a lvl 42 Fireclaw, which is pretty damn good. Now, I'll show how dramatic the difference in synergies can mean to your overall output in damage:
@lvl 90 = 102 skill points

Max Lycanthropy Build
56 points into synergies:
Fireclaw = 12,467 + (.45*12,467) ~ 18,077 fire damage
Base Life= 1500 +(2.95*1500) ~ 5,925 life (not counting BO)

Max Synergy Build
76 points into synergies:
Fireclaw = 16,585 + (.45*16,585) ~ 24,048 fire damage!
Base Life = 1500 +(2.00*1500) ~ 4,500 life (not counting BO)

As you can see, this sorta shows why facets are so important with this build. I mean, the best case scenario here it adds a womping +6-8k damage!!! As for the two different builds, your basically just weighing an extra 1.5--> 2.5k life vs. an extra 6k damage, your call.

BabyDruid

Diabloii.Net Member
Jary you sure know your fc bear! thanks for all that information, i want to have a bear with massive hp and like around 11-12k fc, so i will be maxing lycan, and im wondering how many i should put into oak while still maintaining a wicked fc.

Jary

Diabloii.Net Member
I think that's a good call :grin:

I wouldn't put anymore than 1 point into oak
It's sorta just a one point wonder-- any more you'll be under the 10k mark :)

psych

Diabloii.Net Member
The +20% fire damage is multiplicative, not additive, with synergies. This means you could have a full 100 points in synergies, and 4 perf facets would still boost your final damage output by 20%. That's pretty significant, no matter what.
Ok sorry, I was mixing up with sorc masteries. :embarassed:

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok sorry, I was mixing up with sorc masteries. :embarassed:
Not a problem, and you're absolutely right- +% damage will stack additively, not multiplicatively, with Fire or Lightning Mastery.

bogie

Diabloii.Net Member
I cant ever seem to decide on what build to make, ive got 4-5 in their beginning stages already...*sigh* I'll put this sick little bear on the list after SSoG's charger :cool:

Any thoughts on whether I should go life or max damage?

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
I cant ever seem to decide on what build to make, ive got 4-5 in their beginning stages already...*sigh* I'll put this sick little bear on the list after SSoG's charger :cool:

Any thoughts on whether I should go life or max damage?
In the words of the flying booyaka... life is good when your life is good.