Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

werebear build

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Icarus, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Icarus

Icarus IncGamers Member

werebear build

i'm interested in building a werebear as of now and am looking for a little bit of advice skill wise. this is for PvM by the way.

i've read that fire claws has gotten a huge boost in damage due to its synergies. i'm tempted to make a fire claws bear, but are they as good, or better than the general maul/shockwave bears.

i'm also wondering what kind of skill placement would be best.
    should i go for a pure maul, werebear, lycanthropy, HoW, shockwave build?

or some kind of mix between fireclaws, its synergies, and maul. the problem i see with this one is that i won't have enough skill points for every skill i want. i have fireclaws[20], three fireclaws syneriges[60], werebear[20], lycanthropy[20], mau[20]. obviously there's a problem.

has anyone had good experience with bears of this sort. how do they fare in hell?

also what kind of weapon seems best? 6 shael phase, ribcracker, elite polearms? i'm kind of poor on ladder right now :\

thanks for any insight. :thumbsup:

2. mythyras

mythyras IncGamers Member

the closest i have to a pvm wb is my lvl 75 hc one.
    He's beaten andy in hell, but not ventured to a2 yet (got side tracked w/ my new pvp wb). And I have soloed everything so far.

My skills are max wb, lycan, fc, 10 in maul, 1 in shockwave, 1 in oak, and a couple in fire storm. I think my next move will be to finish maxing maul.

He does pretty good right now, I don't remember his stats or damage cause I have not played him in a while.

Also as far as gear goes, what he uses probably won't help much since he's hc.

He is also the one that kinda spawned my idea for my pvp wb. Its build is posted in a diff thread (Kodiak's Legacy I think), so I won't waste space by repeating it here.

3. Sim.The.GoSu

Sim.The.GoSu IncGamers Member

Well check the guides. FC is great, but imo, Mauler is more versatile. FC can be a rpblem with fire immunes, yes you can have a switch, but it doesnt do as much phys dmg .Also, the skills, if you go 2 synergies, he prlly will be too weak, and with 3 you lose alot in Lyc. I say stick to FC if PvP, and mauler for simple PVM

Though like Garb says countless times. "PvM sucks." o_O

4. Icarus

Icarus IncGamers Member

thanks for the replies. that cleared things up pretty well.

i'll just go with a good ol' fashioned mauler.

5. VictusMetuo

VictusMetuo IncGamers Member

If you want a PvM Bear with FC/Maul go:
    20 Maul
    20 FC
    20 Lycanthropy

and then 2 of the next 3:
    20 HoW
    20 WB
    20 Firestorm

I'd probably go for WB and Firestorm since you shouldn't be at too much of a problem for AR. Then throw on a Stone Armor and you have a decent FC and still a good Maul. Of course 1 in Shockwave and 1 in Hunger. If you can focus on SS Charms as it will increase everything.

For a Weapon upgrade a Ribcracker, or get an IK Maul, Buriza, there's lot's of good weapons. Don't do the Phase thing for a PvM Bear that uses Maul. I have a SP Bear like this and he's unstoppable but that's me.

6. Icarus

Icarus IncGamers Member

thanks for all the help.

just one more question:

what order would you recommend maxing the skills in?

i'm thinking: werebear and maul first, then HoW and lycanthropy.

7. Kendu

Kendu IncGamers Member

Max lycanthropy first because it gives the life and length bonus after that i'm not sure.

8. VictusMetuo

VictusMetuo IncGamers Member

Lycanthropy and Werebear till you either get Mana Leech or Hunger, then go for Maul. Then Fire Claws and HoW. Of course put 1 point into all skills when you can get them, and don't forget 1 in Shockwave and Hunger, both are incredible skills.