Werebear 1.10?

Starseed

Diabloii.Net Member
Werebear 1.10?

I've seen plenty of excellent werewolf/bear guides for .09 but I was wondering on a few pointers for a werebear in 1.10..

I plan on using him as my tank, pref. no summons.. max lycan but what else? Should I max werebear? Maul? Shockwave? All of them..?

I'm also assuming I drop points in str/vit? Maybe dex?

Completely lost... any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

D.Rocklea

Diabloii.Net Member
My HC WB
skill
lyc:max
wb:max
maul:max
sw:1
bear:max
oak:max

item
AD set
str:75
dex:13x(forget it,but with items have 21x,block:72%)
vit:rest
eng:none

Only stun N oak help in baal run.

Starseed

Diabloii.Net Member
D.Rocklea said:
My HC WB
skill
lyc:max
wb:max
maul:max
sw:1
bear:max
oak:max

item
AD set
str:75
dex:13x(forget it,but with items have 21x,block:72%)
vit:rest
eng:none

Only stun N oak help in baal run.
Is it really necessary to max bear? I play SC, so would forgoing that hurt me any?

VictusMetuo

Diabloii.Net Member
1.10 isn't much different except you have more items to play with. You can also make better Hybrids now also. I suppose you're looking to make the normal Mauler, and not a Fire Claws Bear or Hybrid Bear.

If you're going to be a Mauler, I'd max Lycanthropy, Werebear, Maul, and HoW. Then you could have various choices of what to do. If you wanted to be a Hybrid, you could/would drop HoW and then max Fire Claws and Firestorm. If you prefer not to use a Spirit [since you said no summons] I would do the Hybrid or a Fire Claws Bear. Shockwave is fine at level 8-10 with +Skills, you could get by with less, but if you're not going to be at a loss for points, it's somewhere to put them. If you're a Mauler or Hybrid, also make sure to have 1 point in Hunger. Really you need to figure out what type of Bear you want. Grizzly isn't even really needed but can be a distraction.

Stats are simple for PvM. Str and Dex for items, and the rest into Vitality. Don't bother going 1-Handed either, that's the same as 1.09. So FBR isn't a problem if you have no Shield, and with enough Life and decent FHR, you should be more than fine.