Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Were you banned?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Senor Bezeer, Aug 11, 2005.

?

To es? Or not to es?

1. ES IT BABEH

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. DONT ES IT BABEH

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keithano

keithano Diabloii.Net Member

Absolutely agree to your POV.

Legit game is always welcomed by real players, but not hackers or cheaters. The game is that, u want to play it, and so you have to admit all the rules. If not, U can choose another game to play. Cheater is a cheater, this is no doubt. I quit D1 becoz of the dupes and Zodiac rings( remember?! ) all over the bnet. D2 ladder attracts me back to bnet although there're still hacks, but it's much better.

I love D2 , and so do every legiter here

2. Skumhesten

Skumhesten Diabloii.Net Member

Thx Blizz. Best thing happen in long time. Keep up the good work.

3. SeDnA

SeDnA Diabloii.Net Member

"Maphack is a harmless hack which only reveals the map which you're going to see anyway"

Well, with maphack I don't think you'll still go to every single place on the map so...

"Maphack should be legit and it's harmless. There's a legit maphack in WoW!"

Since the game isn't designed for you to already see the whole map without any exploration, how is maphack legit since it spoils this concept? And WoW is a different game to begin with...

4. Bullet-Tooth Tony

Bullet-Tooth Tony Diabloii.Net Member

I wonder, will you learn this lesson right. And will you one day find an excuse to use a bot or whatever in WoW ("It saves time", "everyone uses, so why shouldn't I?", etc.)?

5. Alywin

Alywin Diabloii.Net Member

Personally, I think Blizzard has not and cannot ban Maphack in its entirety. Blizzard has never been able to do this, I think, or they have done that much earlier in 1.0x. This time of banning is probably due to the maker of the new hack, intentionally or not, screwing up. Sooner or later, the "original" maphack will be back, whether we accept it or not.

However, banning of a substantial part or even over half of the players due to the recent event does not mean this game ending. Maybe some "inflation" or price surge in the market because some big traders like Shadow are banned, but the game will not die in short run, after the releast of the interesting 1.11 patch and bringing 1.10 ladder-only runeword to non-ladder realm.

Shadow, I have traded with you for times and I do feel sorry for you. But just rest in peace with good memory (for your wealth or what-not) if you choose to walk to WoW and stop grumbling or arguing. There is never any absolute right or wrong on the matter since different players have different values and attitudes.

If WoW is not charging monthly fee, I may try it also. GW is not that funny, I tried it.

Cheers.

6. anyonewantsfreestuff

anyonewantsfreestuff Diabloii.Net Member

DAMN i have lost 1 lvl 94 hammerdin, lvl 86 zealsmiter, lvl92 meteorb sorc, and a few mules in NL...
    My pk account and mule account still intact though...

and my lvl 76 blizz sorc on Lad... Just screwed... SCREWED :clap: :clap: GG :clap: :clap:

7. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster Diabloii.Net Member

Rofl, didn't even know Blizzard was banning MH users :lol:

Read it in a mail from a friend, and now I suddenly see all these threads here :D

Well, I've never used third party programs, and never had the desire to do so :thumbsup:

And to conclude it:
    Blizzard is being very generous, we can play the game for free, it's been online for years and years, they still update new patches, a new ladder and new bannings of MH users :clap:

8. Sh4dovv

Sh4dovv Banned

well afaik there isnt anything like this on wow, but

i cant say wat i'd do

9. ian_linington

ian_linington Diabloii.Net Member

Anyone want to make a guess on how many accounts/keys got banned ?

Are Blizzard going to announce it? And is anyone online now that can see how many users and games are being run ? Is it down on the normal number ?

Cheers

Ian L.

10. Armor_Biff

Armor_Biff Diabloii.Net Member

A friend told me today that his accounts are closed. I was wondering why, and didnt recognize the error message he told me about either. Then I came here to look for any news about it, and found it I guess.

We then continued to talk about it for 15 minutes and I couldnt undertstand why he was banned. Then suddenly he says: "I've used MH before". I was like: "What the ****!!"

Damn, I know him in real life. He is only 17 though, so I should go and kick his butt. But he lives around 300 miles from here, and my cousin (his father) would probably not like him getting beaten up. :lol:

11. ArcOlixter

ArcOlixter Diabloii.Net Member

The impatient suffered the consequences.

12. JooJooMolly

JooJooMolly Diabloii.Net Member

Sadly Blizzard didn't get everyone. Was doing Baal runs and 1 or 2 people are still using MH. On the plus side so many mh's got banned that people often have to walk in norm Baal runs. No more mh using sorcs teleporting right to throne. Often people will leave game at the idea of having to walk. :hanky:

13. hacp

hacp Diabloii.Net Member

Well

I got banned for using the maphack. Ow wells. I was hoping to play some of the new ladder and quit my guild wars addiction, but back to guild wars it is! IMO, blizzard should do something like guild wars. In guild wars, they show you the general direction of where you are supposed to go with a little green arrow. That would help questers alot. One question.

If you have an sc account and your d2 account was banned, will you lose your sc account?

14. MapleBarb

MapleBarb Diabloii.Net Member

this whole banning explains why earlier on, when I tried helping a friend in normal baal runs, no one asked me to hurry up and open tps, and they all waited patiently in town for me to find the throne. they realized it was either wait for me and be in town safely or go to another room and having to walk themselves :lol:

15. BeefChunks

BeefChunks Diabloii.Net Member

I escaped from the bannings with my accounts intact :clap:

16. Jek

Jek Diabloii.Net Member

I've heard he implemented a backboor in his earlier creations, this wouldn't suprise me either. :p

17. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

Even though i dont really know what u mean, but u cant really cheat in WoW. Im in GW since it has better security than WoW and duping stuffs are useless over there, and i dont do monthly payment stuffs.

Beside, i didnt really use mh and no bot.

D2 isnt really over for me, but for most ppl i think it is.

18. ArcOlixter

ArcOlixter Diabloii.Net Member

Netter said he knew about Warden, he just didn't do anything about it in the rush to perfect the existing code and get it out the door.

No backdoor, just faulty antidetection.

19. Ismalia

Ismalia Diabloii.Net Member

:lol: BRAVO, BLIZZARD! :clap:

I'm currently on the floor, laughing me bum off! Blizzard has not forgotten Diablo as proven by:

a) New Patch

b) Ladder Reset

c) Bannination!

I do feel bad for those that weren't cheating and got banned, but my next question would be... Have you ever helped a friend and given out your CD-key?

But...BRAVO BLIZZARD!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.