Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wepon for WW barb?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Xkiko, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Xkiko

Xkiko IncGamers Member

Wepon for WW barb?

I have started a ww barb and haven't yet decided what weapon class I will go for.
    I was thinking Sword (Two-handed) or Axe and Ik came to my mind too.(since I have most of it)

Thank you for your help! :clap:

2. spiderman2k9

spiderman2k9 Banned

I heard using Eth BotD War Pike gives you most WW dmg.. but going shield-less does seem dangerous..

3. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

Only Bone Slayer Blade, Ethereal Edge and Executioner's Justice will reach the last ww break out of all uniuqe axes (that are worth upgrading) and they all need extra ias

4. hittitian

hittitian IncGamers Member

Well... unfortunately....

I guess you're giving a wrong piece of info to someone who needs a help.

Those axes are all 2-handed wpns, that need -60% ias to hit the 2nd (or last as you said) ww break point. As far as I understood, there is no 2-handed unique axes that can hit the last ww breakpoint.

Bone Slayer Blade should have a base wpn speed of -10 as a gothic axe and it has 20% ias on it. So, it already reached 1st break point (i.e. -30%). However, obviously you can't get no more than one socket on unique items which means even after socketed with a shael for additional 20% ias, it can't reach 2nd IAS breakpoint of -60%. So, I'd say Bone Slayer Blade is out of list for ww weapons hitting the last breakpoint.

Ethereal Edge is a unique silver-edged axe which has base wpn speed of 0. It has built-in 25% ias that doesn't even reach 1st breakpoint. So, if you want it to be effective for whirling with at least 1st breakpoint, you should shael it or socket with -15%ias jewel. However, it still can't hit 2nd break point. So, you're wrong again here.

Excutioner's Justice is a unique glorious axe which has base wpn speed of 10. So, as you may have figured it out by now, it needs -40%ias to hit the 1st break point. Seemingly, it doesn't reach the last ww break point with its built-in 30% ias. So, again you should shael it or socket it with -15%ias jewel for at least 1st break point.

Thus, none of the axes you suggested hit the last break point.

5. hittitian

never mind

I just read through a thread a couple ahead of me. WW seems to be bugged for a single target, (or maybe even for multiple targets). So, it is not conclusive all those axes don't reach the last breakpoint because we don't know yet what would be the real breakpoints damage-wise other than the graphics and thitting sound.

6. memememe173

Woah you're right...I don't know how I had that figured out...I guess numbers start to blur past midnight

7. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Actually, this has yet to be proven, as only one person is having the problem. No one else has mentioned it thus far, and everyone I know who has tested hasn't had any issues with it, so there's no reason to believe anything is wrong with whirlwind at this point in time.

I'm not saying that it isn't possible, as anything can go wrong with Blizz, but so far there's no reason to think this. This is how bad rumors get started.

-Hal

8. hittitian

Well, for some reason, I felt inclined to believe that one person was talking about. I guess it's because I got an impression WW is so nerfed that it may be bugged. But, it may not be.

9. hittitian

Well, a friend of mine says there is one unique 2handed elite axe that would reach 2nd break point. That is Frostwind, a champion axe that has -10 base speed. This axe has 4 built-sockets, so if you put bunch of ias jewels or 3 shaels, it will hit the 2nd break point.

10. iceball_aarf

iceball_aarf IncGamers Member

Frostwind was taken out of the patch, just as Merman Sprockets and the unique elite armor with also 4 sockets... some of the most awaited new elite uniques where taken out :(...

11. spiderman2k9

spiderman2k9 Banned

lol.. i was thinkin "i've seen frostwind aka cryptic sword.. but frostwind cryptic axe? hmm"

12. sir goatscelot

sir goatscelot IncGamers Member

Well Axe and Shield is funs but your going to have to get used to people calling a newb or cookie cutter for using a zerker axe lol. Also scourges are underated for ww. But the choice is always yours. You could always do the ik barb and weapon switch with a flail class type weapon. There are runewords and uniques and even some rares to consider but I think a shield is vital in 1.10.

13. rickster

rickster IncGamers Member

You could always go dual axes. Death cleaver is a good axe to use.

14. memememe173

Champion Aze it was supposed to be not cryptic (you're the second person I've seen make that mistake :p)

15. wind

wind IncGamers Member

When I finish building my hybrid wind/summoner druid, after finishing numerous other builds, I'll start on a whirler.

The one advantage I remember in 1.09 of going with swords, they can go 1 and 2 handed = advantage. Whereas now in 1.10 you can craft axes and maces with more than the totally legit possiblity (like winning the lottery too! :lol: ) of having 510% enhanced damage = another advantage.

From experience, it's possible to build without investing in a mastery til later and I do have a 3 socket high ED Tomb Reaver to investigate this with. Maybe I'll win the lottery or find a great ED rare sword. Who knows?

My feeling, wait till you get your endgame weapon, then build around it.

16. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

OT - welcome back wind, long time, no see :)

-Hal