Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Went to check out a college

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Mecal, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Mecal

Mecal IncGamers Member

Went to check out a college

Well this spring break i went to check out Embry Riddle Aeronautical University and i was very impressed.

the best thing about it, is that my GPA is really higher than it is.
    Since i go to a private jewish school I a) have extra pointless classes and b) since its a private school the education is weighed more.

so he said i would probably get in, even though my current GPA is a 2.7 - also, we talked to some students, who help out, and they said they dont really care about the SATs, i mean, they care, but they dont weight the SATs alot when it comes to their deciding factor.

anyways, its, as the counselor said: "The Yale of Aeronautics" - which is pretty cool.

I'd also probably go into the AF-ROTC (Air Force ROTC (Reserve Officer Training Corp.)) To help with scholarship - i dont mind, because when i'd getin to the AF i'd be a 2nd Lieutenant (thanks to ROTC). It'd be pretty cool, i wouldnt be a pilot or anything, but i even considered going into the AF even without the ROTC, but the ROTC seems like a better choice.

one really cool thing, about getting an ROTC Scholarship, is that Embry Riddle will also throw in money. If you get any ROTC scholarhip, Embry automatically throws in 15k$ - for all 4 years - which is a help, but not too much (even though you I would need all the scholarships i can (that is, assuming i didnt get a FULL ROTC scholarship, which i dont think i will).
    total tuition is about 30k$ a year - including food, housing and whatnot.

so yeah, good stuff there. After seeing this small campus, thinking about a large University is pretty crazy - i cant imagine going to school to a school as big as one.

Im only a Jr in HS BTW - so i still have time to think about this stuff :)

---
    kinda pointless post :confused: - but i had to, it was really cool to check it out.

2. Ranger14

Ranger14 IncGamers Member

Good for you! I hope that it works out well. Always nice to see younger people looking ahead and planning for their future. :)

3. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

are the chicks hot?? If your a smart fella, then maybe you'll get a shot at one of those chick parties...ohh ya!

4. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

Actually, as a Junior in HS you really don't have all that long to think about it. I just knew people in HS who waited longer than they should have, and lost opportunities.

Other than that, it looks like you've got a good plan. Good luck!

5. Mecal

Mecal IncGamers Member

yeah thats true, i dont have that much, but most of the seniors this year started their senior year - as far as i know
    ---

um, out of like 1400 people or so, there are 200 girls... O_O
    and i only saw one hot one - out of the few i saw.

6. TurdFergusen

TurdFergusen Banned

I'm currently in the Commercial Pilot program at BCIT, in Vancouver. Apparently BCIT and Embry-Riddle have some sort of student exchange program for undergrads/graduates, which I guess is pretty cool. Although i'm planning on getting a job as soon as possible when I graduate, it might not happen, and if this exchange program allows me to go to school/work in the States, well that would be even cooler. Cause like, hey, more money.