Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Well, I finally did it....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ezcabe, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Ezcabe

Ezcabe IncGamers Member

Well, I finally did it....

I bought an X-Box. Now I am asking you guys what you think are really fun games. I already have Halo, so you can leave that one out. I am really into games like Final Fantasy, but I will probably try anything. Suggest Away.

2. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

ummm...

uhhhhhhhhhhh

Soul Calibur2?

3. AgentOrange

AgentOrange IncGamers Member

Counter-Strike is really really fun, still better on the PC IMO.

4. Backdoor Bandit

Backdoor Bandit IncGamers Member

Considering I am an absolute snowboard fanatic: Amped !

-Backdoor Bandit

5. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Halo. Oh, wait...

If you've got Xbox Live, I've heard Crimson Skies and Rainbow Six 3 are really fun. I'd also recommend NCAA 2004 or Madden 2004, or wait until the 2005 editions show up (shouldn't be long now, should it?). Tiger Woods 2004 is really good and I've heard good things about NFL Street as well.

The best is certainly yet to come on Xbox. With Ninja Gaiden coming out soon, Halo 2 coming out in the fall, Fable coming out sometime this year or early next year. And Full Spectrum Warrior looks pretty sweet too. Prince of Persia is worth a rent as I thought it was a total blast to play, although it only took me 9-10 hours to beat. Graphics and gameplay are great. Also, Need for Speed Underground is a lot of fun if you're into that kind of racing.

6. Backdoor Bandit

Backdoor Bandit IncGamers Member

Yeah...you should always stick to PC versions of shooters. Nothing beats keyboard and mouse control.

7. Ezcabe

Ezcabe IncGamers Member

I Love shooters, I have Halo on both systems, but I hate to say it, I like it more on X-Box. I know, I know, I should be cast out for saying that, but hey.

8. AgentOrange

AgentOrange IncGamers Member

It's funny but I actually like Xbox Halo much better then Combat Evolved (PC) Just because one thing that set Halo apart on the PC was the control movement, in PC you can customize it to be exactly like Counter-Strike, it kind of lost it's edge. Getting used to Xbox Halo controls was a feat to be conquered.

9. Munch

Munch IncGamers Member

The answer is Grand Theft Auto.

If you find a cheapo copy of it in a bin somewhere, Jet Set Radio is fun. Don't spend a lot of money on it though.

10. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

Hey I agree with you. What's better than digital inputs for movement? Analog inputs!

11. Ash Housewares

I like shooters with dual analog controllers alot better than I do with keyboard/mouse

12. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

Dual analog = more skill than keyboard and mouse, 'nuff said. It's not like we can spin around in less than a second in real life, especially when we got shot in the back! Halo's controls are near flawless, plain and simple. XBOX CS, I have to try that one day. I mean seriously, the reason people might think it sucks is because they've been too busy being cheap asses in CS? Mouse and keyboard is nice, but the real challenge is in gamepads.

That said, for a real fun game you could Time Splitters 2. Single Player and even cooperative modes both pretty much suck (It's like Goldeneye, except... well nevermind it's just like Goldeneye). The multiplayer can be quite fun, and judging by how badly the single player is you might be able to find it really cheap somewhere. Can't go wrong with Unreal's and all those other games.

13. Ash Housewares

eh, I sold my copy of TS2 I didn't like it all that much, but it was fun for awhile, the controls are flighty, goldeneye was better, but nowadays I like the Medal of Honor series

14. CaptJoe213

CaptJoe213 IncGamers Member

hmm, if you like FF, try out Knights Of The Old Republic, if you dont already have it for PC.

I'm a big RPG'er, and enjoy the FF series. I have KOTOR for the PC, and enjoyed it quite a bit. Dunno how it is on a console, but still should be an enjoyable game.

GTA is sweet too, and Soul Calibur 2 is a good fighting game if you like beat em ups.

15. Yavanna

Yavanna IncGamers Member

There was a guy in my general area who killed a man and put his son in the ICU while trying to act out GTF drunk. If I find the news article, I'll post it.

16. Jonas

Jonas IncGamers Member

Fable, Halo 2, Half-Life 2, and Full Spectrum Warrior are great choices in the near future. Also, if you're willing to shell out $100-200, get the NEW Steel Batallion (comes with more affordable controller, and I THINK it comes with both games), because I know I will! :thumbsup:

Jade Empire comes out this year, big RPG that is supposed to kick booty. (Sorry, I won't say that ever again. :lol: )

The GTA 3 pack is a great choice if you don't have it on other systems (my dad bought it on PS2, so I'm screwed there). Max Payne 2 is good if you like those "story"-type games (along with Knights of the Old Republic, which gets boring after one game through).

If you are into racing titles, try Project Gotham Racing 2.

Driver 3 has amazing graphics, and it will most likely be a very good game. (Edit: Oh, sorry, Driv3r, as they renamed it :uhhuh: )

I would try to avoid CS on X-Box. I have heard from sources that it isn't all that great, and it's much better to get it on PC.

XBox Live titles: Crimson Skies and Rainbow Six 3, as said before, are great. Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow is a good online title to get in the near future.

-----------
    Ezcabe: "I Love shooters, I have Halo on both systems, but I hate to say it, I like it more on X-Box. I know, I know, I should be cast out for saying that, but hey."

AAAAHAHAHAHAH!

Just kidding, same here.

17. th5418

th5418 Banned

Knights of the Old Republic is a good game. I like it on the PC

18. Freemason

Freemason Banned

Check out techtv.com/x-play for reviews on many of the games for all the systems. And don't forget to vote for the hottest Tech TV babe! Playboy is running a contest and you know what that means :drool:

19. caddad

caddad IncGamers Member

Didn't you have 5-10 games in mind when you bought it?

Sorry I'm not bringing any meaningfull content into this post, but you did buy the system already right? You had to of had a few games in mind besides Halo.

-DadV2.0

20. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

Arx Fatalis, KOTOR, and Morrowind are the 3 big RPGs on the Xbox. They are all PC/US style RPGs though. The supply of Japan style RPGs are small on xbox, but it still has a wonderful supply of other genres. I would suggest getting Splinter Cell to prime you for the release of the sequel next month. Links is a great golf game. Project Gotham Racing 2 is a great racing game. Amped 2 is a great snowboarding game. Top Spin is a great tennis game. Panzer Dragoon Orta is a great shooter. Ghost Recon is just a great great game in general.