Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Weird stuff

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Mr.Bogohossian, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Mr.Bogohossian

Mr.Bogohossian Banned

Weird stuff

I recently found a stormshield and socketed it with one of my rushed char. when i toosed it back to my main char, i had a cold resis/-15 jewel ready. so i put it in the shield. Only to be denied. I cant put the jewel into the open sockted ss. Pretty weird. I dont know if this is a bug. anyone tell me how to fix this?

2. WillScoot

WillScoot IncGamers Member

Don't want to jump to conclusions but I've only heard of this problem occuring for one reason. Remove any third party programs (i.e. maphack, etc) and then try, should work.

3. Mr.Bogohossian

Mr.Bogohossian Banned

lol no third party programs, dont jump to conclusions there. i found the solution myself. i am suppose to have 156 stregth to be able to socket the thing.... after i got myself a tgod/ik glove on i was able to socket it now....

4. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

That's strange? I know I've socketed high req things with chars unable to equip them. Well, if you say so.

About MH, I think there is/was a "non-screwup-by-socketing-while-moving-things-in-stash-hack". You basically made things unsocketable to prevent screwups.

5. BattleCookie

BattleCookie IncGamers Member

I just socketed a stormshield with a -15 jewel using my lvl 1 mule. So that cant be the solution. My tipp goes to that prevent-item-socketing-feature of a third party program we all know (and dont like)

Cookie

6. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Wow...
    Then again anyone who needs to cheat to play diablo might actually require such a hack to aide them -.-

(Not trying to start a flame war or anything over MH, I know plenty of friendly/trustworthy people who use it, just an attempt at a humerous observation)

7. Mad Merlin

Mad Merlin IncGamers Member

Were you wearing the shield at the time? If so, and you were making up some of the strength to wear it from the shield itself, I'd blame that before anything else.