Weird sound effect in D2?

NSXdreamer

Diabloii.Net Member
Weird sound effect in D2?

Sometimes during gameplay, a BOOM, loud thunder like sound effect would just randomly appear, I can't figure out what is it, it appears in different act, indoor and outdoor, so can't a a weather effect.

Also this other thing, sometime when I open a town portal, instead of the regular sound, a "woosh" would sound. For you people who have played Doom II, it's exactly like in the last stage "icon of sin", the sound when the brain spit out a monster cube.

I dunno, it's just so weird. Anyone have ever experienced these two, or is it just me? :\
 

Borlag

Diabloii.Net Member
Your computer is possesssed, please pack it tightly and send it to me, I will call for an exorcist and use it for my own evil purposes...muwahhahaha :teeth:
 

wildjinn

Diabloii.Net Member
I haven't gotten this, but every couple times that I teleport back into a place, I get some rotating ammunition from one of the catapults over every dead body which disappears after i move a few meters.
/hijack

Maybe you've got a soundcard issue?
 

StellarDust

Diabloii.Net Member
NSXdreamer said:
Sometimes during gameplay, a BOOM, loud thunder like sound effect would just randomly appear, I can't figure out what is it, it appears in different act, indoor and outdoor, so can't a a weather effect.

Also this other thing, sometime when I open a town portal, instead of the regular sound, a "woosh" would sound. For you people who have played Doom II, it's exactly like in the last stage "icon of sin", the sound when the brain spit out a monster cube.

I dunno, it's just so weird. Anyone have ever experienced these two, or is it just me? :\
I don't think I have experienced those two, but I think I have had encountered the moaning sound of a zombie (it's very loud too) at different places (that don't have zombies).
 

tractortrap

Diabloii.Net Member
NSXdreamer said:
Sometimes during gameplay, a BOOM, loud thunder like sound effect would just randomly appear, I can't figure out what is it, it appears in different act, indoor and outdoor, so can't a a weather effect.

Also this other thing, sometime when I open a town portal, instead of the regular sound, a "woosh" would sound. For you people who have played Doom II, it's exactly like in the last stage "icon of sin", the sound when the brain spit out a monster cube.

I dunno, it's just so weird. Anyone have ever experienced these two, or is it just me? :\
I always thought the thunder like sound effect was to do with Thunderstorm normally when it runs out, were you playing a Sorc at the time?
 

strijdje

Diabloii.Net Member
tractortrap said:
I always thought the thunder like sound effect was to do with Thunderstorm normally when it runs out, were you playing a Sorc at the time?
yeah i know I had this a couple of times too, all the times were with a nova//t-storm sorc so... maybe thats causes it?
i dont know, srry

robin
 

red_draak

Diabloii.Net Member
strijdje said:
lol, that could be it too, never thought of that :xgrin:
i do know how to get rid of it :lol:

startup ur pc in dos mode and type: format c:

*u dont want to do that without backing up ur save games offcourse* :xgrin:
 

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
wildjinn said:
I haven't gotten this, but every couple times that I teleport back into a place, I get some rotating ammunition from one of the catapults over every dead body which disappears after i move a few meters.
/hijack
<rehijack>

Like this? Dunno what they did but it's definitely not meant to happen...

</rehijack>

As to the sounds - It could be something to do with the soundcard, or sounds cancelling each other out in some weird way... no idea really.
 

strijdje

Diabloii.Net Member
red_draak said:
i do know how to get rid of it :lol:

startup ur pc in dos mode and type: format c:

*u dont want to do that without backing up ur save games offcourse* :xgrin:
nah thnx, tried that 2 years ago and i forgot too back-up my files, :rant:
pretty stupid i know ^^
 

NSXdreamer

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, I have that zombie sound too, sometimes even in act I town.

And no I was playing druid at that time, and the sound appear in varioius of act, and indoor where it's not suppose to rain.

My computer is a brand new one, sound card is creative SB live.

I think it may be a bug with the game cause it to play the wrong sound? Because I don't recall this happening in 1.09. :/
 
Top