Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Weird happenings with my SM

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by MadTexan, Feb 27, 2004.

1. MadTexan

MadTexan IncGamers Member

Weird happenings with my SM

I've been playing my trapsin for a long time now (lvl86) and lately I've noticed some weird happenings that IIRC weren't happening before.

1) My SM, even when not in combat with anyone and not poisoned, will disappear completely as if she has died.

2) My SM has also become a coward. I used to be able to rely on her to stay in melee to hold up the monsters but now she runs behind me and starts throwing CBS, which is a real bugger as you can imagine.

Can anyone provide some insight into the above?

2. D1ce

D1ce IncGamers Member

a) you may have run too far away from her even for her to teleport and catch up, but I'm not sure why she would just "dissapear"

b) have you tried casting/keeping her in front of you and right on top of the monsters you want her to tank? that may be the problem. however, it may also be that the SM copies your playing style and emulates it, but i highly doubt that [it's a guess].

3. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

I belive it can be quite common behaviour of SM - they are considered to be "masters" and try to find their own sollutions for your problems with monsters :lol: . They can chose between all assa skills despite SW and SM.
    SW is much easier to controll - she can use only these 2 skills you actually selected on your 2 mausebuttons.
    The only way to avoid summones desappearance is to keep them close to you. Not that easy. An expensive sollution is teleporting [I have a Spellsteel on weaponswitch - Level 1 Teleport (20 Charges), Level 3 Decrepify (30 Charges), etc]
    The easiest sollution is of course to recast her.

4. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

The SM and SW are extremely buggy in v1.10. They suffer the necro summon bug where switching weapons with +SM or +SW can and does cause them to disappear. They have IMO also disappeared in the middle of fights in plain view without being poisoned or damaged in anyway. It seems like they try to teleport and just dont come back on the spot they were suppose to.

SW seems to be the more controllable of the two and is better suited for most builds. They just take some time getting use to.

5. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

Confirmed. My bladesin needs to hang back anyways, and a couble of times my SM seems to want to snuggle up to her rather than lend my poor BA merc a hand as he gets knocked about by the thugs in Hell A4.

6. fluid_death

fluid_death IncGamers Member

I was rushing a friend through normal the other day and I noticed my lvl17 SM kept dissapearing. Drove me crazy as I knew nothing in the area could kill her, I have started to notice her dissapearing a lot more lately. :rant: