Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Weird flashing??

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by zild, Apr 18, 2008.

1. zild

zild IncGamers Member

Weird flashing??

I noticed this while playing single player. I got the act3 mercenary (cold), and everytime he cast his spell, he flashes, like he is dissaperaing. I also noticed this when i dueled a barb. One thing the merc and barb had in common was that they both had some kind of "chilling armor" on. Why is this flashing???

Edit: I changed to fire and lightning, they ALL flash! ?????

2. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Member

Re: Weird flashing??

not sure about the merc.

barbs flash sometimes when using double swing (double throw and frenzy too i believe) with a glitched on set of weapons.

3. dainbramage

dainbramage IncGamers Member

Re: Weird flashing??

This is 'cause there's no animation for a left-handed punch in diablo, so with no animation to play the barb turns invisible. I believe it should also work with a sin dual-wielding a glitched claw in her left hand.

Some of your files might be corrupt, and the client can't load some of the animations (i.e. the act 3 merc's spellcasting animation) from the MPQ's? Try saving your SP chars somewhere (under diablo ii/save, there should be four files per character) then reinstalling (then put them back into diablo ii/save).