Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Weekly thread May 1, 2005

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bigD72, May 1, 2005.

1. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

Weekly thread May 1, 2005

I missed last weeks because my computer died, but now I have a brand spanking new one.

I've was not as strict on my diet or exercise over the past couple of weeks, but I still managed to drop a bit to 298, under the 300 mark.

This week it's my goal to get back on track with my diet as much as possible, but with 4 exams in the next 6 days I'll have to take all my free time to study, so I probably won't get much exercise in.

2. Garbad_the_Weak

Garbad_the_Weak IncGamers Member

Congrats! Keep up the good work. Remember not to snack while you study, or at least snack healthy.

Garbad

3. SelfBaisResistor

SelfBaisResistor IncGamers Member

Remember, baby carrots are your friends and it actually takes more calories to digest celery than you take in from eating it.

4. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

thats .. godly.

i like raisins - does the yogurt on yogurt covered ones contain too much fat to keep raisins as a "healthy snack"?

is trail mix healthy?

5. IDupedInMyPants

IDupedInMyPants Banned

Just a couple quick health tips:

1) Healthy refers to health of mind or body, and thus cannot be used to describe the status of any dead vegetable.

2) Healthful refers to something that is beneficial to the health of the mind or body, and thus can be used to describe the status of any dead vegetable.

3) One cannot "snack healthy." One can "snack healthily" if you want them to consume living organisms that are in good physical and/or mental shape, or "snack healthfully" if you want them to consume foods which would be beneficial to his or her mental or physical well-being if consumed.

6. Steve_Kow

Steve_Kow Banned

You can sneak in a lot of physical activity even while studying, just try fidgeting a bit in your seat.

7. AeroJonesy

AeroJonesy IncGamers Member

I've seen a similar discussion for nauseous/nauseated.

BigD, I was about to post a thread wondering where you were for this week, but glad to see you're back. Congrats on keeping up the good work!

I've found studying hits me twofold. When I have a lot of work to do, I end up sitting and not exercising, and eating more than I should because I like to snack on things while working.

8. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

My pencil will fill my wrath of chewing.

I noticed while trying to look that there is no real set way to eat in a good manner. Ever site I saw was "cut all your carbs" or "you already know what is good and bad." I need to keep searching for a nice break down of food.

Once school is over I'm going to start taking my own shopping trips and buying all my meals for the week and try to get what I can prepared in one day so I won't have to worry about what I'm going to eat.

9. Eff

Eff Banned

awesome, man. keep going at it

10. IDupedInMyPants

IDupedInMyPants Banned

Calories are calories. Eat fewer and burn more.