Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wednesday's here!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Crazy Runner Guy, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

Wednesday's here!

Welcome to hump day!

I just finished an MP session with NSXdreamer and Wildjinn, two very cool people to MP with, and we finished act 3 Hell. The game went down and I continued, getting all the way to the RoF wp, as after this post I'm going to bed.

Anyway, it's really amaxing how burning souls wipe your 75% light res in your face, but then when you go to 85 res and 20 absorb, they can't touch you at all.

Hellforge dropped me a Mal rune. I was very pleased.

Have a great day!
    crg

2. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast IncGamers Member

Well as soon as i finish reading the posts made overnight (no not all of them onle the ones that seem interesting :lol: ) i guess i'll go back to the endless pindle runs..
    Want to lvl my ama from ** to 89 on pindle players 1 this day :D
    managed to do it monday from 87 to ** but i doubt i'll manage it but we'll see

3. My_Immortal6

My_Immortal6 IncGamers Member

I am getting my Freeze paladin through Act 5 normal. All thats left is the ancients and Baal. After I finish that I will do something else.

4. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

Well, stuck @ work today so :(
    about the hump day, thats true, definitly true :innocent:

found a perfect eth tombreaver yesterday, ad lvled my WW barb towards 89 1/4

thats all folks :)

robin

5. Bud Nearly

Bud Nearly IncGamers Member

I leveled my meteorb sorc to lvl 29...

I'm actually beginning to like the targeting of the meteor :p

6. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

I got my items back from kwaku and he and I had a nice talk. He made a grievious mistake lying to me about the ist's origin, but I will forgive him. Anyways, I got a super long day of school tomorrow. I got to go to bed now. Cheers!

7. Vranic

Vranic IncGamers Member

I like wednesday. Only 1 day to go and on friday my well deserved (;)) little holyday starts. That means 11 days and no work, hehe....

I might just get my first single player hell defeater :winner:

8. Ragnarod

Ragnarod DiabloII.Net Pal

I've started a new paladin project after coming back from retirement, I'm not exactly sure about his skills yet, but I know I want to make him a Dragoon (a Javelin-using paladin, that is)

I'm considering maxing Fana, and maybe Holy Shock to take care of Physical Inmunes, Holy Shield for the extra defense and block, and if I go Holy Shock a synergy would complete the build

He's just level 13 anyways, just rescued Cain, so I still have time to decide :D

9. Artea

Artea IncGamers Member

You know what's better than MFing to find items ? Questing...

Yes, you read it right, questing :)
    My last 10 pits runs gave me awfull items, the best being gems. So since I was getting a bit bored with my bad luck, I decided to continue adventuring and questing with my necromancer (480% MF).

I went to the Canyon of the Magi and defeated Duriel. No notable items were found except a few normal set items (Cathan ring & armor).

I then proceeded to Act III, clean up the Forest. And in the Marsh, here's what I found from an unique Shaman: Troll Belt. I was extremly happy :)
    And then maybe 30 seconds later, BAM : Kraken Plate.

I was shocked: Something like OMFG! (Well, a bit less, but not that much).

So you got it: excellent session for me. And as a candy touch: I leveled to 86 :)

Artea

10. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

I will try to do Thresh/Pindle runs today. Last evening I noticed the map my necro now has is good for running Thresh, he is next to the Arreat Plateau waypoint. And it seems he can drop much nice items too so I will try if he is worht running. I gave my merc some good MF gear, if he gets the kill it equals to 873% MF :drool: Now I just hope I get some good drops, not like yesterday, I got nothing, just killed my lvl 92 sorc twice :( Running Meph isn't healthy if you have negative resists while using Gull/Rhyme on switch

edit:

@Artea

Yes, you can find nice items while questing, but after all, MF runs are better ;) 10 runs is just too little amount. I did 2 months Pit runs only (p8, ~500% MF), about 30 runs/day, it is about 2k runs. That is how I got nice bunch of items and lvl 94 hammerdin :D

11. Tiger_Spirit

Tiger_Spirit IncGamers Member

10 minutes ago, I dropped the most valuable item since i began to play SP.

It was my first char SP, a fishymancer lvl 58, in act 4 nm.

I did the hellforge quest, and I saw on the floor an UM rune :surprise:

Just to say this was probably my luck of the day :thumbsup: and I'm happy of this

12. Online

Online IncGamers Member

Sadly there haven't been d2 for me today , but i got Star Wars (Kotor) :yep:

All i can say this game is brilliant , off couse d2 is better , but still. And now i'm lvl 12 and have 1 part of that damn map.

13. TenYearsGone

TenYearsGone IncGamers Member

Well I've been struck with some unfortunate fortune. I went to the docs and he said I have shingles. Its suppossed to be painful, but I feel 100%, with some misquito-bite type things. Anyway, my job has quarantined (sp?) me so I'm home for the week at least. I've been getting some good playing in and stuff around the house.

Anyway, D2 wise, I started an Assy for the first time. I'm trying a dual claw TS/DT assy that I saw over at the assasin forum. I'm still playing 1.09 and I couldn't find the SPF .09 guides. I got him up to level 17 playing on players 8 (1 more level for DT - finally). She is at the Outer Cloisters and maybe I'll fininsh Act I today.

I also MF'd with my Frenzy Barb, doing some Meph and Pindle runs. I've had great fortune of late, finding plenty of items I never found before. My grail is finally under 100 left (95, I think). And finally, Pindle dropped my something good for the first time - Aldur's Deception. I looked it up just a moment ago. I didn't realize that it's TC87! I was just happy that it completed the set. I now have 4 of the 13 TC87/90 items out there (1.09 remember). The Barb is also half way to level 92. So much experience needed, so little time.

14. Kung Poo

Kung Poo IncGamers Member

What the crap is hump day? Hmm... I can think of a few things it COULD mean, but... hehe...

Ehem, anyway, I took Darken Rahl into the Pits again yesterday, which yielded nothing. Same goes for the gaggle of Pindle runs I did. All I'm trying to find is a regular white elite bow. Once I find one, I'll slap it full of sockets and fill it with some nice charms and runes, and save it for when my multizon comes of age to use it. Some may think that's a waste for an elite bow, but I think it could work out, especially since I can't make anything 1337 like BotD.

But alas, no elite bows to be found. Obviously I want one with the max amount of sockets (6), so I can put as many mods on it as I can. I did find a Diamond bow, but it can only achieve 5, so I threw it out.

Tonight, it's more D2 and artwork. My piece I'm working on is turning out better than I could have hoped, and could very well be the best thing I've done to date. Time will tell. It's a big piece, and I still have the background to do....

I hate doing backgrounds...

Peace.

~K_P

15. ricrestoni

ricrestoni IncGamers Member

Got my coward bear from the teams tourney past Andariel, and then went to MF with my fishy. I found out that I like the sequence:

1- Raise skeletons in Nihlatak's Garden
    2- Kill Pindle
    3- WP to Durance of Hate
    4- Kill Mephisto
    5- /players5
    6- WP to Black Marsh
    7- Clear Pit
    8- Rinse and repeat

Pindle never, and I mean never ever in my whole playing experience, dropped me something beyond rare crap. But he is 5 steps there, so I shall break the curse. The pit is always a fun place to clear. And Meph is teh dropper!

2 elite uniques, both from the pit: the ethereal Silver-Edged Axe and my second Eldricht Orb.

16. Icebird

Icebird IncGamers Member

Morning all,

TenYearsGone: Hmmm. I wrote an introduction for the assassin in 1.09, but I guess it wasn't recovered after the forum crash. I'll dig around my files later today, and see if I can dig it up. It's not really a guide so much as an overview of everything assassin-like in 1.09. And of course its almost all out of date for 1.10. :)

I spent a lot of time duelling and hosting duels last night in the SPTN PvP tourney. I'm using an underequipped ladder werebear, who is getting his his big furry behind handed to him on fairly regular basis. One day I'm going to build a dedicated PvP character who will hoepfully fare a little better....

I also squeezed in one 1.09 MP cow run, and got my 1.10 ladder hammerdin Eternity to Slayer.

Chris

17. slowpoke

slowpoke IncGamers Member

Last night I encountered MP wierdness. :grrr: Oh well, such is life.

Maybe I will see if there are some nice hell WSK runs tonight, otherwise I will keep leveling my boltress. She is fun to play. I am currently saving points so that when she hits level 30 I can pump both orb and CM, but for now teleporting on top of targets and bolting them is a blast.

18. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

Continued combo Pindle/Countess runs (where I kill the boss packs on the way), about 4-5 min each, I'm up to 50 or so. Another Ko rune, nothing higher, maybe in total 6 Shaels, 1 Dol (not worthy of a Rune report). I don't think I found anything good other than 3 GC skillers, and a Mara-like druid amulet with Mana, +15 res, +2 Druid skills, and a couple other less noteworthy mods. I've been saving all rings and amulets and cubing them back and forth with no luck so far (Come on 30 res, 50 MF). Pindle did give me a Rune Master with high ED and 4 sockets.
    *shrug*

TA all day... :rant:

19. vajurewi

vajurewi IncGamers Member

clvl 72 Fishy knocked off NM Baal pretty easy last night, but the Black Souls and OB Knights together were a pain to clear in to the Throne Room. the WSK 2 and 3 stairs are next to each other so Im gonna MF run him for a bit.

@ricrestoni and everyone else: is raising your skel-pack in Pindle's garden the absolute fastest way to do fast Pindle runs? certainly makes sense, but I seem to find a pack of 10 critters faster WP'ing over to Canyon of Magi then the 2-3 packs of undead loitering about in the garden. killing/raising a 10 pack of maggot young next to the CoM WP seems faster for me (5-10 secs)

good day all...

20. addicted2macs

addicted2macs IncGamers Member

Didn't play at all last night. About 10 minutes after I got home, I took out the trash, sat down at the computer with a nice cold beer, and the phone rang....

Two servers went down at work, so I had to jump back in the car for the 30 minute drive back in. Blah...

Got home too late to play.

Hope to do some more MFing with my Hammerdin tonight. I'm finding lots of good stuff, but I really don't see any way I'll ever use half of it....

I think I smell a giveaway in the air....