Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wednesday

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by TenYearsGone, May 4, 2005.

1. TenYearsGone

TenYearsGone IncGamers Member

Wednesday

Hey all - I had a nice day of golf y'day and managed to mow the lawn. But after that I was beat so the light fixtures will have to wait for another day.

I did some MF runs with my Sorc and Barb. I found 2 T-Gods in 2 days. Not bad I guess. I also played my 'Wind' Druid. He's level 24 and just reached the Arcaine (sp) Sanctuary. My merc just hit level 20 (how annoying that she's lagging so far behind) so I can give her a better bow that I've been holding for her. We'll see if it helps.

2. Vargas

Vargas IncGamers Member

I've already mane 9 hours worth of meph runs with Zriya today, and now is time to quit Diablo (today).
    Next time, I'm planning to start a Werewolf druid. The only thing that is not decided is his name (that is the most dificult part of create a char; if I start a char, and decide that I don't like his name there are great chances that I delete him).
    For the name, I've cogited Lupin (does't very original, huh?), Ookami (wolf in japanese, sounds ugly for a name...) and Ogami (a quick reference for "Lone Wolf and Cub"). Maybe I can come up with something better, but what do you think, SPFers?

3. corax

corax IncGamers Member

Dwerg. call the wolf dwerg.

or fennec. which is a kind of african desert fox.

latin names for animals are great for names. Cerastes for example was part of a latin name for a venomous snake and is now a rabies druid.

its been thursday for an hour n 20 mins here in oz. gg aussies.

yesterdays exploits involved finished ripping out plants. 3 car loads from this tiny little area. like clowns in a car.

got my themed paly to slayer status.
    and started a new necro due to someone over at the necro forums

4. colony

colony IncGamers Member

Well, I decided to take my hammerdin into hell earlier than I was going to today (lvl74), although I don't know why I was so worried, Act 1 wasn't much of a challenge. But then what can you expect from an attack that can kill all except one monster in the entire game:p.

In a way it's more fun than I was expecting (my only other hammerdin was in HC, where surviving was far more important, which made it far more stressful and tiring. I can still remember timing those runs away from FE uniques with hammers still flying around in the air), and this may be the first ever character I try and get to lvl99 (but that's a long way off, I'm only lvl 78 ATM).

I might try some Countess runs later, depending on how fast I can make it to lvl 5 of the tower with Vigour + charge. If it's too slow I'll wait until I reach the WSK, and run that for the better exp and drops.

5. Artagas

Artagas IncGamers Member

I gathered my patience and started levelling my fishymancer's merc who fell behind quite a bit due to mp games. I think it was one of my most boring D2 experiences ever, but what has to be done, has to be done.
    Later on i drove in to college to listen to a 2 hour long lecture of topology, and i have to say, in the light of that, levelling the summoner's merc sounds like a fun and exciting thing to do.
    But the day is not over yet! Just a couple more hours and it will be time for my...:drink:
    Until then i will go do some soundly intelligent thing, such as watch soccer or get back to that silly 'mancer.

6. Derrick1001

Derrick1001 IncGamers Member

Must be T-God's week! I've found my first two in the past two days as well.

I finally turned my killing summoner into a mfer. The temptation to run baal with that much mf is just too good to pass up. I also retrofitted my merc with 4 ptopaz's in his helm/armor, so he's good to go with that and the hone sudan for crushing blow (really helps). Best I've found so far is a rainbow facet and Atma's Scarab, but for only about 7 or 8 runs, I'm pretty happy with that.

7. Derrick1001

Quick question: The Arreat Summit says that Azurewrath is ladder only. Does that mean we can't get it :( ?

8. corax

corax IncGamers Member

1. double post = bad

2. single player = ladder except, diablo clone, annihilus charm, and the 2 newest batches of runewords. oh and the fe fix.

so yes. you can get it

9. Derrick1001

1. I guess I need a spanking.

2. Thank you.

10. TenYearsGone

I agree! The name is the hardest part. By the time you come up with a name, Blood Raven could be toast. With my last character I searched the web for a name generator and used a Hobbit one. BTW - Fosco in Middle Earth translates to Poison Dagger. Umm hmmm. Don't doubt it a bit.

Edit - I think you can edit a character name in ATMA. I've never tried it myself and maybe someone else more in the know will chime in.

11. corax

corax IncGamers Member

you can.when you save it after a name change it creates a duplicate. and then its simply just a matter of deleting the char file with the old name and keeping the one with the new name.

12. gravitysrainbow

gravitysrainbow IncGamers Member

What gets to me is thinking of a better name after the fact. So right now my nec's name (a summon/fighter) is NamesWillNever, derived from the sticks and stones thing...Now, I'm thinking that UrInTheArmyNow would have been better. It's making me want to redo the guy, but damn..it seems like leveling this guy takes way longer than usual. perhaps it's just my mind though.

I guess that hoping for some kinda patch that allows for the new RW's on local games qualifies as one of the top 10 things to hope in vain for??

Shame. there are some goodies.

Edit: schwoops- the above post came out while i was typing. one more reason to eat my words and get atma. i love eating my words. yum.

13. corax

corax IncGamers Member

there is a mod that gives the new runewords. your best bet would be google

14. gravitysrainbow

does everyone here use that mod or..?

15. corax

corax IncGamers Member

no. A few people might.if you use the mod be sure to keep your normal d2 stuff seperate so it isn't tainted. if you dont keep it seperate make sure you let people you might trade/mp with your using the mod :D

16. gravitysrainbow

right. i've thought about having two sets of chars..one with mods and such and one sans, but..i dunno. maybe once i figure i need to do something to reinvent the game for myself, but perhaps d3 will be out by then.

hm. slim luck on google.

17. Artagas

Artagas IncGamers Member

in my experience googling for D2 related things can lead you to anything from sites selling duped Els for 100$ a piece to a variety of misleading/outdated info and dubious mods that might not just be what you want. Imho it is better to look for things in the inter-link space of rather trustworthy diablo sites.

18. gravitysrainbow

well, i can't seem to locate it either way.

19. Boulos

Boulos IncGamers Member

I think Perrin would be a good name. From Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. He is the one that can talk to wolves, if you aren't familiar with it. I'm re-reading David Eddings right now and Belgarath can shape-shift into a wolf, and so does Garion or Belgarion. So, there are a few more suggestions for names.

20. TenYearsGone

You've got mail