Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wednesday

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by farting bob, Apr 27, 2005.

1. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Wednesday

FACT: only 1/7th of your life is spent on wednesdays.
    Just came back from college, wil be going back in a hour though. :(
    D2 news: I remade my pyshic hammer sin in HC this time, and he currently sits in normal anicents way. In my SC version, his first death was to the anicents, and I'm warying of them. Should take them on in a minute. After that i should kill baal off quite fast and then its into NM. My eventual aim is to get the lowest damage dealing guardian ever.
    EDIT: ancients are dead, quicker than i thought too. onto baal!

2. corax

corax IncGamers Member

interesting idea.

played my 1.07 werewolf today. currently lvl 11 outer cloister.
    its funny doing 20-26 damage and OHKO'ing everything

3. TenYearsGone

TenYearsGone IncGamers Member

Did 2 Baal runs last night. I found a Trang-Oul's Guise.

I'm really enjoying Baal runs with my IK Barb. It's much easier than with my Bliz/Meteor Sorc and he's been finding some great stuff as well. But I'm getting itchy to move on. My PDagger Necro is still in Normal and my Wind Druid is in Act 1 Normal. But now I'm thinking of starting another character - based on Open Wounds - a bleeder!. I'll have to do some research. If anyone's done anything like that, please post. It takes me months to Mat/Pat a character, so we'll see if I can really get it going, that is if it's viable...

4. Snuva

Snuva IncGamers Member

Must be my first time writing in the daily. I've been trying to start a few times already but backed out.

Finally I got my last piece for my pvp char when maxgerin sent me the amulet we had already agreed on. Time to enter the tourney!

Snuva

5. corax

corax IncGamers Member

GET OUT OF MY DAILY YOU PUNK KID!! :D

have a :drink: for your achievement. your PvP char isnt something that runs away is it?

6. Snuva

Snuva IncGamers Member

Must depend on the enemy. I'm not familiar with pvping with that char build so I don't really know yet :)

Thanks for the drink, I hope it's either tea or water because I don't drink anything else.

Snuva

7. LowLander

LowLander IncGamers Member

Started a new untwinked meteorb yesterday. Got her halfway though Act-1 resulting in lvl 15. Finally, no more ID scrolls. :D

Will have to level my Bear for the competition tomorrow. How I'm gonna off Andy without a merc and hitting about once a week I don't know yet, but we'll see. Otherwise somebody can take my place :D

8. TenYearsGone

Kinda Strange to quote yourself, but... What a silly idea.

Open Wounds - A type of physical damage, it has a poison-like effect, causing "uncontrollable bleeding" and steady hit point drain. The damage will stack with poison so both can drain at once. It also stops healing for the duration.

Damage: (Attacker level * 9 + 40)/256 pts of damage per frame over 4 seconds

There are 25 frames per second in the Diablo II engine. Examples of damage:
    Clvl 10: 12.7 per sec over 4 seconds for a total of 50.8 damage.
    Clvl 30: 30.3 per sec over 4 seconds for a total of 121.0 damage.
    Clvl 50: 47.9 per sec over 4 seconds for a total of 191.4 damage.
    Clvl 70: 65.4 per sec over 4 seconds for a total of 261.7 damage.
    Clvl 90: 83.0 per sec over 4 seconds for a total of 332.0 damage.

So - at level 90 you do 332 damage. That'll get you through Hell ;) . The nice part is the PMH for the 4 seconds, but you couldn't build a character around it. I could utilize OW with my PDaggermance, but I don't really think the items that have it are worth while (Toothrow 40%, Crow Caw 25%, Goreriders 10%, Swordback Hold 50%).

9. WhiskeyJack

WhiskeyJack IncGamers Member

Well, after a couple of months off the game I'm back to it. Started off with a couple of dozen Meph runs with my meteorb (finally did it the fast way, 'porting right up to him and not bothering with anyone else), netted some decent gear (2x Duriel's, the first I've ever found in 3 years of playing)- my sorc rewarded herself with a new Skin of the Vipermagi (replaces a Smoke mage plate). From there I went back to my current long term project, the glass cannon, i.e. a fanatic pole-zealot. Talk about having to up my playing skills. Legion is currently in A2 hell, having just beaten the summoner. His damage is great (around 2.5-3k avg I think), but man...defense and resists are way down there. It's interesting to go from a zealot with maxed holyshield to one without a shield at all (well, on switch). I'm definitely learning to use the merc as a tank better, to take advantage of the length of the lance/spear, and really working on the hit-run-draw out tactics to break up packs, etc. With Fana/Zeal/Sacrifice maxed, I've ended up with a wierd balance now of secondary attacks- Charge and Vengence. Charge for running down archers/slingers (and running away), vengence of course, for PIs (put some points in synergies for it, and will likely dump any remaining pts into vengence or the synergies).

Oh- and I'm still going for style points with a might merc. :D So, we'll see how far the cannon gets from here on out (I play at p1 - p3, depending on how much of a challenge I'm feeling like)- I'm betting the ancients, but that's just my optimism heh heh.

10. corax

corax IncGamers Member

the poker is still going? :D gg WJ

11. TenYearsGone

Welcome back Whisky Jack. It's good to see ya around again.

12. WhiskeyJack

Ty, good to be back...

@Corax... Poker?!?!? heh heh... If I build another lance/spear wielding zealot, I have the name now...

13. WhiskeyJack

mild update since it's still wednesday for me- little d went down to legion without too much fuss (one pot, and that was for the merc, who died anyway, grumble grumble). granted, I died 3 or 4 times getting there (cleared out a few of the other false tombs first, and well, apparently I'm still learning, and man, again, FE bettles suck nasty dirty rocks). I will say that run in, annoy some skellies, run out with them behind, kill and switch on redemption works very well for breaking up and eliminating packs- now if only i had a 'stay!' function on my merc...

14. Tolano

Tolano IncGamers Member

didnt get much playing in today, managed to get in 10 nm meph runs and a bartucs popped out! the majority was taken up by a tennis match (high school) me and my partner (i play doubles) beat our opponents 6-2 6-0 for our first win of the season! we are now 1 win 2 losses. i plan on leveling the meteorb in a few minutes, hopefully i will get the merc up to lvl 30 tonight so that i can kill diablo. i really hate how the mercs lag so far behind in levels in the early stages of the game.

15. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

hehe, Diablo and tennis. Such an unlikely topic combo.

Funny with tennis, it's like bike riding. I used to play regional competitive tennis way back in the day. You never lose it, for me anyways.

Stopped for a long while, got into weightlifting and bodybuilding, gained a ton of weight, got married and then had 3 kids in succession. Now, i'm heavy, flabby and seriously out of shape.

But when I picked up my old Prince "Michael Chang" my serve is still there and my backhand is better than ever. Weird.

Cardio is gone though and I don't exactly have the same court coverage I used to. I'm an injury waiting to happen.

16. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Hey Bob, any hangover from yesterday's festivities?

- Noodle

17. TenYearsGone

I'll have to check our Arreats. I got the numbers from this site. Stupid me for thinking they are up to date. Thanks for the heads up.