Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wednesday

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by LprMan, Mar 31, 2004.

1. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Wednesday

:wave:

My spearbarb is in beginning of hell act 2 now but I will level him up in Pit for a while. He is lvl 85 but the exp in Pit is nice. No real difficulties yet but im pretty sure Arcane Sanctuary will be slow because of all PI/mana drain wraiths. I can kill them with berserk fast but then they will drain my mana just as easily :lol: Also im afraid of some very hard hitting mana burn boss pack

I hope I can finish my 50 runs for Rune Race tomorrow. My oroginal plan was to run hell Tal's tomb with my fishymancer but that was so slow even on p4. I started running p8 hell Flayer Jungle with my sniperzon, with LoH equipped she can kill those bugs really fast. Highest rune I have found there after 38 runs is Lum, so nothing too great yet. I still prefer Countess, I don't believe in high runes :lol: Those drop or they don't, I don't want to do thousands of Flayer Jungle runs to get Ber or something...High runes are cool but not necessary. I will try to do 50 Pit runs with my barb too and collect all runes I get there. 10 run done with him now and it seems Pit isn't good place to get runes

2. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast IncGamers Member

Well after a two-and a half hour search i finally found a nice map for mephi with my hammerdin. It was quite a pain to erase my great pit-map from wich i got so many great items but i really need some of the more basic items now, exceptionals like arreat, skullie, wartrav, gorerider etc etc.
    Besides that i was missing so many lower items for the grail i decided to milk mephi totally empty :D
    I've got a map with lvl3 beside the wp now, runs can be done in about 30-40 sec on players 3 so i plan to run him until he gets so crazy of me he drops me a stormlash :lol: (dreaming won't hurt i guess)

Besides that i don't know how much time i have cause tonight it's D&D time again :clap:

3. WhiskeyJack

WhiskeyJack IncGamers Member

not much going on today...lvl'd my sorc up, now at 26 I think, and next target is duriel (shudder). so far, things are going well, i'm amazed at how fast things die (compared to a lvl 26 zealot).

no finds to report, and not much else d2 wise....still in allergy hell (way too many flowering trees inthis part of seattle!).

happy wednesday all,
    WJ

4. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

doh! yesterday i was just playing sick, but now i really am :(

so not much to do for me today, just a little bit of playing and sleeping i guess...

have a good one all today :clap:

robin

5. My_Immortal6

My_Immortal6 IncGamers Member

I got my freeze paladin to Act 4 normal. I also have been levelling up my new barbarian and druid (Berzerk and Fire).

6. spiral55

spiral55 IncGamers Member

Played my fanatic zealot again today. Did a few NM Baal runs just for the experience (4 runs, 4 levels, not bad :) ), then took him into Hell. Learned that Players 8 just isn't worth it with him. Even with his impressive (by my standards) damage and his crushing blow, it just takes too long against bosses, and taking long can get you killed. No deaths, but some very close calls, including one where I saw no red at all in my health globe, which means I must've been in the double or even single digits in life. Switched to the always-popular players 5 and things got much more manageable. Of course, 5 minutes after I switched to the lower setting, the first Champion pack I find coughs up a reinforced mace, the only non-normal set or unique item of the whole session. The randomness of this game simply amazes me sometimes. :)

Tomorrow, I'll probably start my spearazon. Or a my WW spear barb (thanks again, Kremtok!). Or possibly my goofiest character yet: titan leap attack mace barb. Anything I manage to hit should go down fast and hard. :)

7. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

nothing special , start a new HC necro for a tourney

oh yes, I forgot, a new bowazon guardian untwicked, without green, unique or rune word ;)

8. Milamber

Milamber Banned

Special thanks has to go out to Huorn - who graciously gave me a Reaper's Toll - and man what a difference it makes! I placed Hell on players 3, and it was like players 1...so thanks again!

Moved Tempest to lvl 80 and she is now bypassing the Hole (she was able to find a Head Hunter's Glory -woohoo!).

Saying that she also came up with failed Harly and HoZ - two things on my want list (with all these new characters the want list just grows and grows).

Well G'night all.

9. Kronos

Kronos IncGamers Member

Didn't play much today, just cleared the flayer dungeon to get Khalim's Brain with Midnight, my sorc. She's lvl-29 now, only one lvl away from that all-important FO, with 9 skillpoints saved. I'm beginning to wonder if MF actually contributes to rune drops, as she's been pretty lucky with them. A few Tal's last time i played, and a Ral & Ith today - not bad for her lvl. If i can grab an Ort off someone in the givaway thread i can get Ancients Pledge, which will considerably improve her resistances (which granted aren't so important atm, as she hasn't died once yet).

10. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

:surprise:

Nothing special? Are you serious?

That is awesome! One more proof, bowazons are still very viable, they just require a skilled player

Congrats, will you make a new thread for her?

11. ULTIMATER

ULTIMATER IncGamers Member

I got my watercooling up and running yesterday, with a few spills :lol:
    I dont think my Audigy card enjoyed the shower! :D But my CPU is now stable at 18 degrees C, and thats what i call COOL! (pun intended ;) )

I had to hack my case apart to fit the pump, tank and radiator, but with a few parts from the local hardware store, i got it in place.

So how the hell could i play d2 yesterday? Right, i couldnt :p

12. Kronos

Kronos IncGamers Member

Sweet, ULTIMATER. On my dodgy HSF my cpu gets to 50C load, 36C idle and about 67C stress.

Now, your next step: o/c like a maniac! :lol:

13. slowpoke

slowpoke IncGamers Member

Wow! congrats! I am impressed!

I got my tesladin to the travencial waypoint in NM last night. On to the council, the durance, and meph tonight.

slowpoke

14. Naraka

Naraka IncGamers Member

As i stated in my other thread, I got my FO/CL sorcy to Level 68, in act 5 NM now. It was a pain getting thru Act 4, but I had no idea what was waiting for me in Act 5. I managed to slum my way to save Anya, opening Pindle's Portal, and I'm gonna sit there and level for a while, at least to say around 75, before proceeding onwards thru the ice caves and whatnot.

15. Muffassa

Muffassa IncGamers Member

Started a new enchantress Layla (got me on my knees). She is going to use big two handed axes mostly (cause it looks cool) I'll be happy if she beats NM solo, and she will probably do hell in multiplayer. I'm thinking of static field as a 2nd skill (huge widespread damage) plus it fits really well for the mele aspect. anyway, she is ~level 23 now and just killed durell. Much thanks to the three guys who helped me out with act 1 & 2 last night!!

have a blessed day all!!

16. addicted2macs

addicted2macs IncGamers Member

Last night, I pretty much just messed around questing a bit with my lvl 87 Hammerdin. I moved from the Frozen Caverns of Impenetrable Iciness to the Glacial Trails of Drifting Snow, or whatever they're called. I don't think I found anything of note, though I did die a number of time to Champion Blood Lords (Players4). Once they get a couple of whacks and go Frenzy on you, it's hard to stay in the red. I'm thinking of blowing the rest of my banked stat points and equiping a StormShield. I'll lose my +2 pally skills, 30% FBR, 10% ICoB with +57% resist all :(
    But the physical damage from Blood Lords and Sirens is whooping my @$$!!

I'll move on the Plateau of Icy Waste tonight and then into the Ancient Tunnels. I won't hit the Ancients tonight, unless I'm temporarily insane....

17. Kung Poo

Kung Poo IncGamers Member

Not a lot of D2 yesterday. I played my multizon and got her up to the last waypoint in Act II. That's all.

In other news, I've been working on a new art piece for a few days now, and it's coming along nicely. In fact, I'm liking it so much that I'll probably start doing a manga based on it once I finish the current piece. Rest assured, folks, that I'll post some of it once I get it rolling.

Other than that, nothing new. Peace.

~K_P

18. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

But, but, the mythical map of Ber and Cham exists, I know it! Geglash was muttering something in his drunken sleep about the jungles...

I got Fawkes PS/Dtail to rescue Anya, Gloams aren't that bad with CoS, I have maxed res. but no absorb (Immortals Belt). I just have to back off if it gets too hot. I started to run Pindle/shop Anya for a claw with DS, and I found one with DS and Venom, not bad. In about 10 Pindle runs I picked up another Colossus Crossbow (go me! argh) but that was just to see how DS works for her. It's a nice skill but I'm glad I didn't waste the 5 points, since its a players1 skill. I do like to keep a clean map, though. She's lvl 87 now, and I think I'll try to squeeze one more out before I Mat her. I'm not looking forward to the ancients, and I think I'm gonna back off players4 and do it at players1.

I also ran the countess/pindle/thresh/eldritch with my sorc to see if anything would drop. I got a Ko from the countess after about 10 runs, nothing but some good rares from the others ( I agree with you about mid Runes, Lpr, countess is the place to go, too easy). My MF is in the high 500's as I'm Ist poor, and I like to have things called resistances, although with Pindle I guess it doesn't matter. Maybe when I optimize her into the 700's I'll try 500 pindle runs.

19. ULTIMATER

ULTIMATER IncGamers Member

Right now, my next step is to get this "&#¤!¤ to boot. For some odd reason, it reboots at 61% every time i try to install the videocard drivers. :rant:

I tried XP Pro and Win2k but the same happens every time. And the reason is hard to know, it could be the disc, maybe i fried my RAM, maybe the videocard came from the dealer broken . . .

I forsee a loooong night :/

But after i get this fixed, ill crank my trusty AMD XP 2000 up to 2GHz and see if it runs stable :D