Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wednesday!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Pb_pal, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Pb_pal

Pb_pal IncGamers Member

Wednesday!

Ok, well it's technically Wednesday here, and since the Daily has been late for a bit, I guess I'll start it up.

Nothing much D2 realted so far today, just lvled my barb throughout act 2 and kicked Duriel's butt all over his own chamber. Needless to say he dropped nothing.

Well I'm off to bed in a bit, so see y'all later on today :howdy:

-Pb

2. Bull(R)

Bull(R) IncGamers Member

Hrmm I've been working on my sorceress a bit, recieved a nice gift mule :thumbsup: thanks shriekingwillow

Shes currently a lvl 17.. on her way to get back Charsi's hammer.. I'm so slow :lol: if anyone can host act1 normal sc 1.10 later on this morning (cause I need sleep) I'd love to come and maybe get her out of act1.

Anyways Night Night all I'll cya later on today

:sleep:

3. XaviarGangrel

XaviarGangrel IncGamers Member

Havent done much D2 yet today, or last few days, but I got hold of a pair of War Travs from a trade, which has boosted my Fishymancer's MF up a fair bit, so I'm gonna do some runs wiht him when I get a chance. Have hit abit of a wall as to playing is concerned, trying to get into a new character but unable to decide what I want. :scratch:

4. Vranic

Vranic IncGamers Member

And then to think that I am already working for over 2 hours...hmmm I mean I am at the office for more then 2 hours already :lol:

5. Black_KING

Black_KING IncGamers Member

Nothing much here. I will put the rules of tournament "THE GODS" in next 24 hours i hope ot work.

6. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

Stuck @ work again.. ow and i finally did it, I bought my new computer :clap: shipping time will be around 8-12 workdays so... just have to wait..

ow and a REALLY notable find yesterday.... Baal was kind enough to drop me an unearthed wand :surprise:

ha, you should have seen the look on my lvl 5 poisonmancer's face when my barb showed it to him.... GIB ITAMZ!!!! :uhhuh:
    I'll post some atma up when i get home, but for now, work and forum posting

and waiting off course..... :)

robin

7. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

I saw your little "rant" because of my WF on Item find thread and now you have found Death's Web :worship: Does it make you feel better if I tell you it is about 3x rarer than WF or GF or...and Baal has crappy chances to drop TC87? :D That's one of those ultimate Grail items, congrats :drool:

Little by little I have started liking Pindle runs. He seldom drops uniques/sets, but when he drops them...it is awesome. And it is not that boring if you listen to good music. If he just could drop Tyrael's...I would run him until I complete my Grail. Oh well, I still have to spend few hours at school...

8. Kronos

Kronos IncGamers Member

WF still exists? Hmmm, time to raise that shrine again and sacrifice a few Carvers on it to pay homage to Waimea. I know, i know, they say she doesn't control the elusive WF, but that's a sham, i tell you. She's a goddess in disguise.

Will probably start that CL/FO Sorc tonight, and take things NICE and SLOW. Saving the vast majority of my points for FO at lvl-30 will leave me weak as a kitten through Act 1-2... wonder if my merc will be able to do enough of the dirty work for me till then. *shrugs*

Btw all, what's the better skill point policy - max Lightning till FO becomes available, max CL, or try for an even spread in both? I want at least 8pts saved by the time i hit lvl 30, so with all the skills i want a pt in i'll only have 8pts to spare for either Lightning or CL before Clvl-30. Should i go 4-4, 8-0, or 0-8? Hmmmmmmmm :scratch:

Btw x2, i got my avatar again! Yey, i'm like, a whole person once more :lol:

9. MFdoom

MFdoom IncGamers Member

yesterday my task was to do diablo, but my friends came over my house so i only got a chance at 11ish when i was stupidly tired, got to chaos sanc after kiling mepy a couple of times, died, went to bed. Wednesday however heralds a brand new day, i plan to pick up my mule, take diablo and hopefully get to NM baal, man thats gonna be tough.

10. DreamlessDude

DreamlessDude IncGamers Member

Wednesday was pretty cool. Did at least a dozen of baal runs only to find nothing. Cool huh? Well alright at least i got stormshield and windhammer and a charged bolt ormus robe. Sides that, Baal is giving me crap ever since that [colo=burlywood]Legendary Mallet[/color] dropped.

And today was real cool. OHM dropped for me thanks to mephisto. I only ran him like 20+ times today but he was kind enough to reward me for my troubles with a ohm rune. Although i doubt i will ever have a use for it so its going off for a trade. Missed the screenshot since i always play like on battle.net like there are 7 other players trying to get the item.

Well other than those cool drops, i leveled my ladder trapper abit and then brought my griswold zealot to level 24. Gonna continue on him after i mf baal abit more.

Good days everyone

Oh yeah and this morning when i woke up, i suddenly went and take a look ar my HoZ. Suddenly i felt a inborne craze for it. I currently have 5 different heralds and 1 is upgraded. Wonder why but then i really like the stats and looks of the herald of zakuram. Must be some crazy fetish like the love for breast plate exists

11. Kung Poo

Kung Poo IncGamers Member

Hate to break this to you, but Waimea's a guy. Don't worry, I thought he was a "she" at first, too.

In D2, I took Darken_Rahl through Hell Act III and got the first Waypoint in Act IV. I got a BIG surprise yesterday when going to fight ol' Mephy.

Usually, I take out Bremm and head to the right hand room. There, I take out the blood lords and the other council member, check the racks, and then prepare to fight Meph on the main stage.

This time, Meph was waiting for me in the rack room!! I never suspected it, and when I walked in expecting to fight a few measley blood lords, I was greeted with "You're too late! Bwuahahahahaa!!". I almost peed my pants.

Anyway, after a lot of running around frantically and reraising some minions, Meph went down. For my excitement, he dropped me a Grand Crown, which I've never had before.

So onto Act IV, straight out of the gate, I run into a boss pack of jumpy-lilzard-things, and a boss pack of the blobby-projectile-puking things. After the smoke cleared, a shiny Bartuc's was one the ground... my first ever. I was giddy after that.

So anyway, Izual was extremely easy and went down quicker than some of the boss packs I've faced. And, after scurrying around all the gloam-lightning-creatures, I found the waypoint. Coolness.

So I've made some major progress with our dear necromancer in the past few days. A story is just around the corner, methinks.

Peace.

~K_P

12. Kronos

Kronos IncGamers Member

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Had his typically female avatar in my head at the time of posting... and by damn, he is in touch with his feminine side, aint he? :spy:

13. addicted2macs

addicted2macs IncGamers Member

Last night, with a little advice from the forum, I made it through the Maggot Lair with my Hammerdin. Oh, I will never do that with a Hammerdin again. Evil, evil tunnels. I will now add the Maggot Lair, levels 1, 2 and 3, to my "List of Things that I Hate with the Utmost Fervence."

I started in the Lair, got tired of not being able to hammer anything, so I played on and grabbed the viper amulet. I then went back into the Lair and struggled on 'til I whacked the maggot queen. Ahhh, I'm glad to be done with that.

So, today I'll be heading into the Palace and then the Arcane Sanctuary. I may pop the Sanctuary up to Players 8 since it's so wide open. Great XP I'm thinking....

14. Bull(R)

Bull(R) IncGamers Member

I know how you feel about a hammerdin in maggot lair... :rant: they made it too hard for us.

Well my sorceress finally finished act 1, the fight used an inventory worth of mana/health pots and poor Rozana sacrificed herself for the greater good.

I must say I wasn't pleased with the drops. She dropped 3 chipped gems, a normal emerald, and a bunch of junk rares.. only one is "semi-good"
    Shadow Talisman Jewel
    Required Level: 3 Item Level: 12
    Fingerprint: 0x55929c19
    +3 to Life
    +3 to Minimum Damage
    +3 to Maximum Damage
    It'll be good if I ever decide to start a melee character at least. I also found Light Belt from one of those zombies in level 4 while clearing it.

15. LowLander

LowLander IncGamers Member

Katana went as far as the second waypoint in Act-3 NM yesterday, and got the eye. Venom is doing decent damage with a 4-Ral repeating crossbow. It lists as something between 800-10xx, but due to the stacking of poison on bows it's probably higher. Anyway, stuff dies, even on players-5. Now for some nice poison charms....

Oh, BTW: Question: If I take a Battle Scythe or a Brandistock to Normal Larzuk, will it get 5 sockets? (max for the item type) Or does Normal Larzuk have a lower cap? I seem to remember something like that, but can't find the info. Need an honor weapon for the merc. Desperately, as he doesn't have ANY leech ATM. Keeps dying on me.

Anyhow, hope to get through the Bazaars and into Travincal tonight.

Have a good one!

16. strijdje

normal items will get the max number of sockets IIRC

so go ahead and let it socket ;)

robin

17. Couvi

Couvi IncGamers Member

I am tryign to think of which charater I wish to make my first Patriarch or Matriarch having become bored with my recent Auraless Paladin. A little too early for me to try out difficult or crazy builds yet. I just need someone who is bound to be tough and could be a good Mfer to aid many future characters. I was thinking Hammerdin but I always play as the paladin and frankly it is starting to get boring. Oh well I will probably pick something sooner or later. :bow:

18. strijdje

try the winddruid out then... he is tuff to play with at low lvls but his killing speed at higher lvls :love: and he can wear a butload of mf too...

mine does really good in wsk2 and against baal :thumbsup:

robin

19. Couvi

Couvi IncGamers Member

I had a wind druid before on the softcore ladder but when my computer crashed I lost him in the process. He was only in act 2 norm though so perhaps I should revive him. :thumbsup: Actually I think I may do that. Thanks for the suggestion. :worship:

20. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

After struggling home to cook dinner I managed to get my assassin, Fawkes (there I said it, I'm a big freakin' Harry Potter nerd) to the pit after a couple experimental countess runs for the upcoming Rune Race (results = El, Nef, whole clear, p1, and the Nef was from the countess, needless to say this area may not be the land of Ber and Cham). Fawkes owns the pit, it is her biatch, p4 or p8 doesn't matter, PS for those carvers, TS/Dtail the rest and merc decrepifying the whole way. And those annoying cursed archers, hah! Cloak of Shadows...and fade and 3TS + Dflight = dead boss after 2 shots (multishot is still a little problem, alas). There is a catch...her MF is like 124%, I guess that's why people don't use MA assassins. But I figured how to make the pit safe for Hammerdin's (I'm sure this is like anything I come up with in science, 10 years old) take the unique basinet with CoS charges any biddabim baddaboom you have those archers in your hat. I shall now head to the Trade Forum in search of a basinet...no fair charging me extra cause I said why I want it.