Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wednesday thread

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by strijdje, Feb 11, 2004.

1. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

Wednesday thread

Yup, its wednesday again here in Cheesyland... hope I dont start this thread too early :teeth: because all of those stupid timezone's :rant:

anyway, post your findings or plans for today here, and give us all a laugh
    I'm stuck at my work as usual and spending my time with reading guides and looking for cool screenies on the forums so..

Good luck and may the MF be with you ^^

robin

2. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Good to know that you are having fun, Robin :D

Yesterday I continued playing my bowazon, Raven. She has now completed nm and she is on lvl 72. I played almost the whole nm in MP game Andrew hosted (thanks again for playing you all who joined :) ). After beating Baal we made few nm WSK/Baal runs for exp, we didn't have any MF on us. Today I will start playing her by completing the quests we didn't do in that MP game and I will also go collect a bunch of waypoints (yes, it is silly, I will never need them, but I have always collected them with every char, so...). I also have to level her up to 77 on nm, she can wear her Kira's Guardian then. I really don't want to enter hell with negative resists and ~600 life.

I think I will play her further with my brother bowazon today

Have a good day everyone!

3. Orlith

Orlith IncGamers Member

Howdy SPFers! :howdy:

I ran the Pits and found Flamebellow (Balrog Blade), Gravenspine (Bone Wand), Naj's Light Plate (Hellforged Plate) and Manald Heal.

I have a fairly good map allowing me to run the Pits and Mephisto one after the other. I can't realy complain with my drops besides the fact that I am missing some basic but very useful items such as Chance Guards or Shael rune to make Rhyme.

Maybe I should start running Meph in Norm for Chance Guards but I don't feel like giving up my map.

4. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Stuck @ work again, surprisingly. This time I'll be so serious that it'll make you cry, oh no, not the time for laughs now. Infact, you can wipe that smile right of your face as this is soooooooo serious that there's nothing funny here.

Anyway, up to my neck in paperwork so propably I wont be posting that much before I get back home anyway. Also have a meeting so that also will cut the time from posting...

5. My_Immortal6

My_Immortal6 IncGamers Member

Ok so today i got my Paladin to level 18 and access to Holy Freeze and Vengeance. Man this guy is a tank, I am smashing everything in one hit on players eight. What merc should I use for him? (freezeadin). I was thinking maybe a Fire Rogue?

6. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

I'd say Defiance Desert Dude. That'd give you amazing defensive capabilities with the slowing and the extra def. :) I'll post about my paladin tomorrow. he can finally use the Crescent Moon phase blade...needless to say, there's going to be major death for enemies tomorrow and I'll have the time to throw together Vorbiss's gem mule, finally. :thumbsup:

edit: 300! woot! :)

7. Butzull

Butzull IncGamers Member

Last night I found this. Suffice to say I was very happy. It's actually my first Gris piece (yup, haven't even got the armour yet).

I wonder how many HC Vortex Shields there are in this forum! I'm pretty sure it's the first SPF HCL one. :D

Butz. :teeth:

8. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

@My_immortal6 : I suggest using either Ivan Dovolvich or Magic, both being my favorites ;) Plus the accent Ivan has simply rocks :D

Or then I might've played too much Jagged Alliance 2 lately... :teeth:

9. strijdje

yeah it is the first, and i want it , i have the entire set but its not on the ladder :rant: , my sphcl guardian would LOVE that... i found alot of uber items with him already so i would say, gimme a pm what you need.. i havecomplete tal rasha and trang oul set, war travs, occy, wiz spike, stormshield etc... just let me know if its up for trade :lol:

nice find indeed :thumbsup:

robin

10. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Wheee! Good news: My games arrived this morning. :) That was quick, considering I had ordered them only yesterday afternoon. Though I have to say I was pretty surprised that games seem to come without manuals these days. Meh. They probably expect everybody knows the D&D 3rd edition rules already... Well, surprise! I have never heard of a third edition until I opened my NWN box... :-/ Oh well, I guess I'll figure it out as I go... :teeth:

11. Ryondaahl

Ryondaahl IncGamers Member

Hi Fishy,

if you need any tips/explanations about the 3rd edition rules just let me know.

cheers,

Ryondaahl

12. DreamlessDude

DreamlessDude IncGamers Member

Todays my birthday. So i am feeling a bit groggy. Lol alright school went great and had a small celebration with some of my closer friends. Received lots of presents too. Everything from some cards to other cooler items like a whole new subwoofer systems from my parents(musics a blast and i do mean it)

Gonna start some d2 now. Hope the WF is with me

13. strijdje

congratulations on your birthday :thumbsup:

14. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

That would be great. Any starter hints would be welcome. :) As near as I can tell nothing is as it was before. :lol: Multiclassing seems a lot different, too.

Though I am faced with other difficulties before I can start enjoying my new games... Both of them crash at startup. Yay! I hope downloading a new video card driver will help. Good thing it's only 25 MB large so it will only take one hour. Yay again. :( Why is it that nothing ever works at first try? :grrr:

15. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Happy birthday DreamlessDude, make a wish and go snuff out Pindle a few times :)

Played a little D2 yesterday, and have almost got my BFury Assassin through Act 2 NM. Finally found a rune which I could use - a Shael, which went straight into a 2-socket Barbed Shield I'd been saving especially for this occasion, along with an Eth.

Have to start thinking about the final-year project for Uni - got a grand total of about 8-12 weeks to write some code and come up with a business plan to market it. Dammit Jim, I'm a programmer, not a Sales & Marketing person :rant:

Have a good day everyone!

16. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Happy birthday DreamlessDude :)

17. Dave in the basement

Dave in the basement IncGamers Member

Hello everyone!

Happy Birthday Dreamlessdude! May your drops be extra special! :clap:

I spent most of last night chasing giveaway mules around, but I did manage to do six or seven Meph runs. The notable drops, to me at least, were:

Lem rune
    Jalal’s Mane – my first
    Skullder’s Ire - from a unique ‘ghoul’ lord in the durance
    Nat’s Shadow - 1 socket

Tonight will probably consist of more of the same, but I have a whole day of work ahead of my first. Ick! :grrr:

Be good, and stay out of trouble!

Dave

18. addicted2macs

addicted2macs IncGamers Member

Last night I had to attend my brother-in-law's birthday party, so not too much playing. DaveintheBasement kindly sent me a nice pair of War Travelers which I quickly dropped on Horace, my lvl45 Hammerdin, but I ended up spending the rest of my diablo time last night scouring mules for a goldwrap, chance guards, frostburns, and some other nice little pieces for Horace.

I also decided to drop a couple low lvl sets on a Bonemancer I'm making. I decided to try tancred's set just for kicks, then realized I don't have Tancred's weird...anyone have an extra that they could toss my way?

Other than that, I didn't get to play a single minute with either of them :(

I'm gonna go heavy tonight, though.

19. Kung Poo

Kung Poo IncGamers Member

Happy birthday, Dreamless!

Last night, I spent the evening with my lady fair. So obviously, no D2 for me. AND I neglected my comic yet again. What can I say... she's worth it.

Tonight, I plan on beating down Andy and getting into act II. Forget the Pit. My shockadin could probably handle it, but I worry about archers. They just aren't nice to me. I seem to recall a list of places that had similar chances of dropping cool items, like the Ancient tunnels or something. Not sure where those are, but I'll hafta look.

Have a nice one. *runs off to frantically pound out the next few pages of the comic*

~K_P

20. buffa

buffa IncGamers Member

Happy Birthday, DreamlessDude!
    Wish your find today will as lucky as mine!
    As I just found a Windforce today!