Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wednesday - The Daily Thread

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by SeDnA, Jun 15, 2005.

1. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

Wednesday - The Daily Thread

Post your daily exploits here!

Gonna do some LK runs now. Bored of pindle already. Good luck all MF'ers.

2. Kool69

Kool69 IncGamers Member

Hey its Wednesday! I've been reading and compliling information to build my MojoTrooper for skunkbelly's Melee Blues tourney, fun stuff. Now I am off to post yet another thread that asks questions chao and everyone have a good wednesday! I don't have to babysit tomorrow yay! :clap:

3. dune6836

dune6836 IncGamers Member

it's persisting down with rain here this morning. i guess that means the grass will grow again, dammit.

i, too, have been giving thought to the all in blue tourny. so far i have been trying to figure out how to get an axe wielding frenzy barb into hell, getting all quests and wp's but without gaining any levels...

i really need to clear the blanket weed that is choking up my pond, but this is complicated by the fact that it is full of tadpoles and fish fry.

got an Um rune from hell countess yesterday! my best ever countess rune drop :D

well happy hunting all. dune

4. Sir Lister of Smeg

Sir Lister of Smeg IncGamers Member

First took out Hammer for a stroll, Pindleskin to get used, then Worldstone Keep. In spite of him having max resist all, he died of lightning from beetles (I guess Paul McCartney was in a bad mood). So he went to visit The Countess instead, he did not find anything of interest, but I noticed, what I'd already noticed in the Worldstone Keep, that many items with faster run/walk combined with Vigor is really nice. After that I took Fishy to visit Pindle on players8, and rediscovered that players8 is much easier than players1 for him, so instead of going to the pits, he went and cleared the Worldstone Keep, and Baal at the end. Except for socketed items and many full purples, he did not find anything of interest, but did gain a level to reach 85. Only once I went to get an army at an other location, this was after the battle against Lister, he just made sure to get 9 skellies and some revives, six, and then onto Baal, one of the revives was very useful in the beginning, it was a doom knight (from the river of flame) who kept chilling baal. Only six skellies were effectively in battle, since I'd forgotten the teleport amulet. Two remained far from the battle, one was runlocked the whole time (tried to reach the battle, but just kept walking and being pushed back by the merc and another skelly). Used only one potion in the battle against Baal, which was not necessary, just to be sure he would not be surprised by a couple of spells shortly after another.

5. robdylan

robdylan IncGamers Member

Did very little d2-ing last night, as my little girl didn't really want to sleep much. Managed to get in a few Meph runs. Got a 37% Gheed's Fortune (my first!) and another facet (Meteor on death... like I ever die ;))

Nothing else, noteworthy. The unique ring turned out to be RavenFrost. Better than Nagle, at least, but still not great.

6. Sir Lister of Smeg

Sir Lister of Smeg IncGamers Member

Those when you die mods are especially nice in hardcore, go out with a blast.
    I had that lots of times in the last few days when running nightmare Andariel, but finally she gave in, I was sure it would be another Nagelring (never gotten a perfect one yet, but loads with 27%mf) or Manald Heal, but this time it was The Stone Of Jordan.

7. Cormallon

Cormallon IncGamers Member

Last evening I brought my fishy through the maggot lair (hell). Andariel was no problem at all, but the lair was a real pain. I died three times, the first was really my fault because I teleported behind a pack to get my merc into attacking range, but the place I arrived was crowded with more foes and I couldn't escape. Second and third time I didn't even see what killed me, and I could reclaim my body without meeting any enemy. FE behind some corner, I suppose. Oh well, I don't have to go there again.

Now I'm ready to visit the ancient tunnels. I don't know how far the WP is away from the entrance yet, perhaps some map rerolls to do. Then I'll do my 100 runs and post results. When that is done, I'll go forward to the RoF and do runs there, perhaps some mausoleum runs inbetween (since no L85 areas in A3 are really worth running).

8. robdylan

I keep telling myself that any unique ring I find isn't going to be a Soh, so I'm never disappointed. Still, Meph has already given me two of the buggers, so I guess I shouldn't compain. Another Harley would be nice, though...

BTW - what is it that makes the SoJ so uber? The +25% mana? I mean, the +1 skills is hardly that unique.

*edit* Soh = SoJ! OMG!!1. me=pwned.

9. phatbrava

phatbrava IncGamers Member

+1 on a ring yes it is quite rare :D
    and +25% mana isnt something to throw away
    and these two combined on a caster char do wonders
    is there any other better ring for (let's say) a sorc or a hammerdin or a bonemancer? neah

10. robdylan

Ok - I guess BK is the only other one, right?

11. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

10%FCR
    +20 Str
    +40 Life
    +90 Mana
    +15 to Fire Resist
    +15 to Cold Resist
    +45 to Lightning Resist
    +15 to Poison Resist

I'd use this instead of an SoJ for a hammerdin since... for PvM hammers deal enough damage already.

12. phatbrava

yup, but BK's ring is designed mainly for a melee build IMO

13. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

Good luck finding that though :uhhuh:

Other than fcr rings, a BK wedding band is about the only competion an SOJ has for caster characters IMO. Pretty much use a SOJ if you have mana problems, BK wedding band if you don't, fcr ring if you need to hit a bp.

14. phatbrava

well even if you find that kinda ring, there are always two slots to fill with rings, right ? :)
    on a caster (when not MFing) i think one soj is a must

edit: well, its obviously a matter of personal choice
    cannot disagree with what rings you like to wear SeDnA heh

15. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

If I would choose 2xRings for a hammerdin, I'd pick 2xPerfect Wisps. But I was poor, so when I was playing bnet I used a 17% and a 15% LA Wisp. Both self-found. Gloams can't hurt me :D

Before that I used t-gods+2xPerfNagels. But switched to arach+2xwisp. Now Hes... expiring.

16. shersman

shersman IncGamers Member

advanced first char through to hell, meteorb, now just having some difficulties with the immunes. lister was fun, seeing as he was cold and fire immune, my first experience with something that had resists to both my major attacks.

shes a little weak, because its my first sorc build, and I screwed up a bit in the beginning, but I guess that only means one thing ...
    looks like its time to level up a bit. NM cows here I come

17. Artagas

Artagas IncGamers Member

I put myself past yet another exam, and i tought i would finally get some playtime today...but than guess what...my pc's display just died. Well actually it happened yesterday...i think the cause might be that it had to display the .pdf version of my topology book and suffered a nervous break-down. Either way all i got left, till i buy a new one (or get that one fixed by some miracle) is a VGA that is almost as old as I am. Surprisingly it is still working, but not much i can do with 640*480*8...so guess no Diablo for a while. bleh.
    Maybe it is time to dust off some true oldies (dos games). Or to just do something compeletely different...like read a book.

edit: and the discovery of the day for me...FF7 runs in 640*480:)

18. NeckRomancer

NeckRomancer IncGamers Member

Cleared out Nihlathak's Temple on P8 Hell today. That took a while. The first level had shamans (reviving warped ones...grr), warped ones and flayers while the second had flayers, zealots and elephants (healing zealots...grrr). My stash was full so I dropped some blue rings I found on the ground beside my stash. When I came back later, the rings on the ground were gone, meaning I had left them there for more than an hour. :mad:

In addition, I made another booboo. Having found the Halls of Anguish WP, I resolved not to activate it, only to accidentally activate it while sweeping the level for unopened stashes and leftover monsters. The irritating thing about it is the realization that stashes don't spawn that close to waypoints anyway. (no smilie for smacking one's forehead). No more Nihlathak portal for Brogdo.

Anyway, I used CE heavily in the Halls of Vaught, particularly near Nihlathak, doing CEs before he could do so. I couldn't kill him with all the exploded corpses though. That mean old geezer was tough.

Also found a good use for the Necromancer's confuse curse: very useful in the zombie garden and against healing monster combos like zealots and hierophants.

Next stop: The Ancient's Way and its dungeon. I think I'll need to run that area 3-4 times so I could level up to 90 before facing the Ancients.

19. AlterEgo

AlterEgo IncGamers Member

No but there's this one... :bonk:

No D2 for me for the last few days. I'm heavy into volleyball season, now playing four nights a week. Between work, family stuff and volleyball, I hardly play at the computer all summer.

20. farting bob

farting bob Banned

bit old to be playing games arent you AE?
    As for my day, playing some 1.09. managed to get my bowa (first major 1.09 char) to hell cows, where the fun begins. players 8 cows is doable, but i need some knockback from somewhere. obviously I have no WF yet.