Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wednesday: friday -2

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by farting bob, May 18, 2005.

1. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Wednesday: friday -2

So, how are you all?
    Today, i got my HC ES sorc to hell, whoopie! I also plan to later play a bit of my themed character.

2. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

Just got back my Geography and Chemistry test papers, scored an A1(75%=<). Kinda happy.

Started on a fishymancer, act 2 normal currently, got staff but have not explored the palace.

3. Severoth

Severoth IncGamers Member

9pm here and I am just about to head to bed...

What I do need though is someone to help me out. Really having problems deciding what to play right now on the HC side of the world. Farting Bob come out with a nice solid non-twinked build that I can start getting to Guardian. Just pull something interesting out of your hat (that can end up decent not talking about an underpowered build)

But make it interesting, so not a FB/FO MF sorc...I need something thats going to have a little bit of variety.

Tanks!

:thumbsup:

EDIT: Just going to make some type of barb... :)

4. corax

corax IncGamers Member

play a druid. try a bonemancer.

went to work today. was one of those shifts that aren't long enough to be worth going to. but you have to. hatez0r my job.

atm playing my matador in act 4 normal. he = pwn.

also got my 1.07 sorc up to act 2 normal at lvl 12. lvled to 13 killing andy. then got a defiance merc.

going to force myself to clear an act with my 1.07 sorc then letting myself play an act in 1.10. that way i'll get my botd in the not too distant future.

5. Severoth

What type of build is a matador? Havent heard that one before... :)

6. corax

corax IncGamers Member

damage returnomancer. uses thorns or IM to return dmg.

mines going to be a jack of all trades sort of thing. but y'all have to wait and see.

7. Cormallon

Cormallon IncGamers Member

Hi there. I'm in meetings a lot these weeks. And in the evening I try to focus on the MET tourney :)

My necro (melee with golem) just reached NM Kurast. So far he is a lot of fun to play, with so many options about what he does and how :) I'm at rank 4 now, two dead chars and Illianas sorc are in front. I hope I can get to rank 3 soon, but for second place I have to beat Diablo, that one is always good for heart attacks and such ;)

Besides that I have to care for my own internet multi user game a bit, training new personell and fixing some bugs, so I stayed away from other tournaments (rare pleasure was really tempting though... perhaps we'll have something similar again).

And then there is this mod discussion.... I would like to have some kill statistics, but the only one I found so far adds stats / xp / whatever when certain kill counts are reached, that one for sure is out. If someone comes across a mod that simply counts the number of kills per monster... let me know ;)

8. TenYearsGone

TenYearsGone IncGamers Member

No D2 for me again. I haven't played in almost 2 weeks, but that's really because I've been away. Tonight I fly off to my Savannah for a funeral and I'm back Friday morning. I'll finally get some play time in this weekend, I think. If only I could remember who my characters are...

9. GrandmasAreYummy

GrandmasAreYummy IncGamers Member

Hmmm.. haven't played D2 in a looooooooong time. It's impossible to justify the time when you've got Gallop Racer 2004 at home begging to be played (actually, I'm the one doing the begging... begging my girlfriend to let me play it), but I might actually fire up the D-wagon this weekend (she works weekends). I'm going to have to dump atma in the trash and start over if I'm to actually get into it again though, and then decide char to start, and by the time I've got all that figured out, I'll probably just want to race horses again, so it's prolly all moot. Oh well,

G-A-Y

10. Michelle

Michelle IncGamers Member

Work has been horrific and very tiring, came home and had good intentions of playing Diablo but...fell asleep at 6pm instead.

I did manage to get a level for my Fishymancer, so he is now lvl 75 in Act 1 Hell (rescued Cain, looking for Black Marsh WP - countess runs and the Pit here we come). The Assassin has been running NM Meph a bit and has found some good items (Shaftstop for merc, loads of Ali Baba's, Skin of the Vipermagi, a Ravenfrost etc) and the babyzon is lvl 8...

Very much looking forward to starting the Team HC Tourney :)

-- Michelle

11. LeorictheDark

LeorictheDark IncGamers Member

Work sucks!! Seems to be the common theme.
    I'm working on my Tesladin right now. I was trying for something else but changed my mind at the last minute. He's in lvl 63 in ActIV NM right now. Players/8 all the way. I still need a better weapon for him (using an Atlantean w/Shael right now). I'm looking foreward to getting some play time in tonight. Must... make... 65 for Highlords. :D
    Hope you all have a great day... or night, depending on where you live. ;)

12. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Well since i posted earlier, my ES sorc has made it to the palace cellar in hell. She raced through act 1, now that i have my lvl 40 ES and my CM is starting to reach respectable levels so my FO kills in 1 or 2 hits on P1, the game has been getting easier since nm.

13. Icebird

Icebird IncGamers Member

On Tuesday evenings I play Ultimate. Had two games. Won the first, got fairly convincingly beaten in the second. To be fair the second team had played together for several years while our team had formed just a few weeks ago and most of us hadn't played the game before. I think we did fairly well all things considered.

Planned to log on for short session of of World of Warcraft and ended up going to be after midnight again. My warlock completed the quest to get his Infernal (which ends with a battle against "El Pollo Grande" - The Black Chicken of Death - gotta love Blizzard humour). I'm about 60% of the way to 59 now (the levels are capped at 60).

Chris

14. Severoth

For what its worth, I found the WoW end game incredibly lacking...hence why I am back here eagerly awaiting D3. :)

Sold my level 60 warrior to a guildy :)

15. Boulos

Boulos IncGamers Member

I reformatted my hard drive on my computer, so I'm starting over. I now have 1 character that I got to level 8. She is a Sorcie and I'm leaning towards Blizzard to farm Meph for new items. I also want to start a Leaping Barb, just cuz they are fun.

Work doesn't really suck for me, sorry to deviate from the theme, but it's just the same old, same old.

16. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

Ultimate = lots of fun and good exercise.

We play lots of Ultimate here in Vancouver.

Back to the thread ... i've almost levelled my incredibly-original sorc build - a (eventually) Tal Meteorb - to 68. Another 3 more levels and i'll have the aura goin' on. I'm not going to bother slapping in the pieces as i'm going to wait 'til I get to 71 to put on the whole thing and then we'll see how it goes.

I'm act5 NM on players8 and FO is starting to slow down considerably. Max FO and Meteor and about 5-6 hard points into Cold Mastery and about the same for Fire Mastery with about 8 pts into Fireball. I've never really played sorcs before so it's a learning experience. But certainly Teleport and FCR and Static is teh bomb. Wow.

Still trying to figure out the best tactics to use Meteor properly.

It seems that most guides suggest that by the time you get into the 80's or so you will mostly use FB with FO and Meteor as backup.

17. Boulos

Boulos IncGamers Member

Maybe I wasn't doing it as effectively, but I rarely used FB. I found that FO still was more effective because of the number of spikes and the area of attack. I did use FB for single CI's in Hell, or ones that moved a lot. In Hell, you use Meteor a LOT more because of the big damage it does. I try to get the mobs to focus on my merc and then I rain Meteors around him. The impact, plus the burn time does nice damage. My Meteorb got to level 84 before I deleted all my stuff yesterday to start over.

18. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

seriously though, will this work to kill in hell? I was thinking of making a necro with max bonewall / prison and max IM. You know.. like the old bloodgolem trick... I'll just start one and see for myself :D

19. slappy sam

slappy sam IncGamers Member

I'm pumped for the U2 concert on 5/28- day before my birthday. I CANT WAIT!!! (I spent $400 of my own money-I'm 16-on tickets :p )

I'll work on getting my trapsin to hell today.