Wednesday daily

Sir Lister of Smeg

Diabloii.Net Member
Wednesday daily

Since it's just past midnight here, I'll start the daily.

I played too much Diablo II on tuesday, and as a result got Javazon quite a bit further. She started at level 22, iirc, in the Far Oasis, and I stopped playing (I did have some breaks in between) when she was level 37 and on the Arreat Plateau. Until she got lightning fury, by killing the High Council, the going was quite slow, afterwards it went faster and faster. Especially the Chaos Sanctuary was nice with her killing speed. Diablo himself killed the merc instantly, and the valk held out slightly longer, but after a recast, she then survived as well, since Diablo focused on Javazon. Only two red potions were needed, in spite of her standing slightly too far away and thus getting the full blast of lightning every time. While jabbing, her damage and life leech were such that the lightning wasn't dangerous to her. After that, early act V was mostly looking for large mobs, the groups were really a lot smaller than in hell difficulty. Of course this character is made for the Moo Moo farm, and I hope to get her there soon. No noteworthy finds, but runewise, compared to what Meteorb found in hell Maggot Lair runs, she had quite good finds: a couple of Thuls and a shael, were iirc the highest Meteorb found in 8-10 runs was Hel or Dol.

corax

Diabloii.Net Member
*hauls the daily up from the murky depths of page 2*

diablo's lightning hose can hit you when your hugging him in normal. it only misses consistently in NM and Hell.

well i'm finally back to d2 after my big break. i think. messing about with a new druid and then might go back and finish a few more builds

Cormallon

Diabloii.Net Member
I arrived at work and scanned my mails. Made a plan about what to do today.

D2-wise I didn't play much yesterday, only my blizz sorc went to meet normal Andariel. Again I didn't manage to keep my merc alive against her :eek: I'm looking forward to finally get blizzard.

This evening I'll do more RoF runs I think... need some more grailies.

Rugruth

Diabloii.Net Member
Im pretty sad today.

Yesterday there was a storm where I live. The problems with power supply on the zone ended with my computer and my wife's one fried. I have an UPS, that was toasted too.

I called my home insurance and it seems they will cover the damage, meh.

after that I played a bit on my old laptop. I started an untwinked Frenzt/Warcry HC barb till he was 16.

steelsixtyIV

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey daily posters sorry I missed the last week but banwidth restrictions prevented me from posting until now.

I have made some good progress in my quest for 7 X 99 1.09ers. My Necro moved up to Act V Norm and my Sassy made it to Act IV Norm. For my builds I am leaning toward Golemancer and Thunder Claws. I should be good enough to get through the game with just magic items but my concern is running Cows. Is it possible to get to 99 with poopie gear?

Here is the scorecard so far:

Druid lvl 45 Werewolf - Cerebus
Sorcie lvl 45 Tri-elemental - Princess_Alora
Zon lvl 45 Javazon - Zammy
Necro lvl 39 Golemancer - Count_Lestat
Sassy lvl 28 Thunder Claws - Electra
Barb lvl 6 Frenzier - Konan
Pally lvl 6 Zealot - Prince_Valiant

Have a great day with lots of bandwidth!

lone_wolf

Diablo: IncGamers Member
i might have found a new way to report my finds during my 1000 wsk+baal runs:clap: i will try this new method out once i finished run 70 and then i have to organize my atma stashes better. shouldnt take long i hope.

will probebly try to level taomi and drake a bit then marlene has to do some meph runs of course or she gets mad:p

ScarsOfTomorrow

Diabloii.Net Member
Hm.. Haven't done too much playing. I took my Druid ( My only character past act I norm ) and decided I wanted to be in act two NM, so I switched it to players 1 and ran through that pretty quick and beat act one at lvl 46. Then.. I did sewer runs until I got to lvl 50. No exciting finds, except I got to replace my unique heavy boots with *** Treads of Cthon **!!!~oneeleven!!!1!Squigglyline~ (SP?) lol.

Wonko the Sane

Diabloii.Net Member
Just got my Meteorb past the NM ancients. Madawc was FE and I didn't notice, and I was a little too close when he died :eek:
Will tackle the WSK and Baal probably later today. Also going to try to get my Blizz sorc at least into act 2 normal, same for my Javazon. I think I have too many characters going for my own good. Let's see, who do I want to play today? Metoerb, fishy, blizz sorc (there needs to be a one-word name for her!), javazon, zealot... oh, the choices :p

Yesterday I got my plane ticket; on July 8 (or was that 9?) I shall say goodbye to Alaska. This could mean no internet for several weeks, assuming that certain relative's I'll be staying with for a while lack internet. I don't even think they currently have a computer. But I've got my laptop, so at least I'll be able to play D2 if I need to :D

CrazyChihuahua

Diabloii.Net Member
Exams be done!!!1!!11!one11!exclamation (sorry)

That means I have about 2 and a half months to do NOTHING! I should have a job, but I doubt I will be getting one any time soon. I am just glad my exams are done and now I can relax and not have to study.

D2 wise, I got my BS sin to the Canyon of the Magi in hell (thanks Uzziah and Thov). Now I will try to tackle the tomb going solo, but maybe after running Baal a few times in NM to try to get some items. I also realized that my enchantress and my rabid summoner druid are fun to play too. I might play them for a bit today.

I might also do a few missions with my warrior in Guild Wars, but that is a bit OT for this place.

Have a great wednesday all!

Johney

Diabloii.Net Member
the comp repair shop just phoned me. Apparently it was a huge windows error(which isn't covered under my warrenty) and i'll have to reinstall Xp.(which i'm assuming means i'll lose all my stuff, d2 and otherwise)

Why do i have the feeling i'm going to mess this up bigtime.....

shersman

Diabloii.Net Member
Johney said:
the comp repair shop just phoned me. Apparently it was a huge windows error(which isn't covered under my warrenty) and i'll have to reinstall Xp.(which i'm assuming means i'll lose all my stuff, d2 and otherwise)

Why do i have the feeling i'm going to mess this up bigtime.....

you shouldnt have to, just load the hard drive up in another computer as a secondary one, and you should have no problems browsing the files, to get you D2 stuff back, chars and stashes

XP has a repair feature, which just re-installs XP but keep all your files. It only loses the users custom background, themes etc. so you should be fine, and you probably wasted your money on the computer reapir shop. My dad worked as one for a while, and he said that most problems could be identified and easily overcome within 5 minutes. his min charge was for 2 hours work though. :D

Johney

Diabloii.Net Member
farting bob said:
XP has a repair feature, which just re-installs XP but keep all your files. It only loses the users custom background, themes etc. so you should be fine, and you probably wasted your money on the computer reapir shop. My dad worked as one for a while, and he said that most problems could be identified and easily overcome within 5 minutes. his min charge was for 2 hours work though. :D
That reassuring, also i didn't waste any money :) (it was free to have them look at it) And actually it was a complex problem(so complex they don't reslly know what cause it, they're just calling it a windows error.) Anyways wish me luck.

dune6836

Diabloii.Net Member
evening all. my cherry tree is loaded with fruit this year. it must like this hot season we are having. hopefully i will get at some of them before the squirrels and pigeons! like my cherry tree. planted it 10 years ago. the flowers are stunning the spring and the fruits look great too. good enough to eat even:D

started a poison necro in d2. cant decide which curse to go for. does amp damage improve poison damage? and does lower resist break poison immunity?

happy hunting.

Ok time for a update on my classisc 1.10 metorb sorc
Name Sassy-Sweet(neice named her :D )
level-30
base stats
str-50
dex-55
vit-75
nrgy-50
Fire tree
1 Fireblt 1warmth 1inferno 1blaze 9fireball 1firewall 0enchant 0hydra
6 meteor 1firemastry
Lit Tree
1static field 1telek 1teleport
Cold tree
1icebolt 1frozenArmor 1Frostnova 2Iceblast(oops) 1glacial spike 1blizzard 1frostorb 1cold mastry
my gear is ithras ammy +3 to meteor staff hasrous boot and belt magefist rare rings one 10% fcr with 25%lit res other is 3dex 4life 8mana 43 ar cold res 22
armor is t-witch
about to kill diablo but puter froze so i gotta re-do chaos sanc
this char was hard going especially in hte beginning of act 4 i had real problems with the megademon things (my fire spells did not work well on them so i used blizzard+glacial spike to kill them(it freezez them and kills em)

EDIT!!!!!!!!! Dame sassy-Sweet woot w00t yippee

jgreg7

Diabloii.Net Member
dune6836 said:
started a poison necro in d2. cant decide which curse to go for. does amp damage improve poison damage? and does lower resist break poison immunity?
Amp damage only helps physical damage, whereas lower resist helps all elemental damage (but not physical or magical). Both can break some immunities, but not all. Both are also 1-point wonders; if you have any +skills items you won't usually need to put more hard skill points in them.

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
dune6836 said:
What jgreg7 said (LR will remove some poison immunities, and is more effective at higher levels - some may remain unbreakable though).

Also, consider putting one point in each curse as each is useful in its own way. A lot of Necros swear by Dim Vision as a good way to disable Gloam types (and other ranged attackers), and Confuse/Attract can distract some monsters from attacking you. If you don't have any summons, this could be invaluable.

dune6836

Diabloii.Net Member
thanks jgreg7 and shade. was pretty sure about amp damage. no summons for this guy, have several summon types, wanted to try something different. wanted to make a poison chr and chose necro over zon, for no real reason. should be fun.