Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wednesdaily

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Sorsha, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Sorsha

Sorsha IncGamers Member

Wednesdaily

Mid-day and no daily yet?

RL: School starts tonight. Almost didn't find my books this morning. At least I only needed to buy one book this semester. With school back on I probably won't have as much time to play. Between two classes and a thesis paper due in November I don't think I have time for much.

D2: Toblerone made his way to the Dark Wood last night. He will continue his search for the scroll of Inufus next time I get a chance to play.

2. Jude

Jude IncGamers Member

Real Life: Still waiting for a package of games that were supposedly sent on August 18th. The company says that they will try to resend them but out currently out-of-stock on some of them, so it is turning into a big hassle. The Postal service won't even confirm that they got the package, just that they were notified that it should be delivered, whatever that means....

I'm still really worried about my cat, too. She seems to be eating all right (I've been feeding her fried chicken, plus her cat food), but isn't keeping her weight up. She has to to in for more tests on the 19th.

I have a lot of errands to run today (shopping for food and Radio Shack stuff, mostly), but my partner wants to go along, so I have to wait until she gets home from work.

Diablo II LOD: I should play some now. I need the stress release.

Jude

3. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

Jude, is she drinking enough water? keep in mind that cats don't repsond well to grease, they can get diareah. A quick check too, look at her eyes, if the nictating lids (the white part) is yellowish take her straight to a vet right then! That's liver problems which can kill in hours. Also, check near her tail, look for little white or yellowish balls, like small grains of rice. If she's gotten fleas any time then she might have gotten worms, most cats get them some time in their life, lucky those ae pretty easy to cure.

On the other hand, she may just be getting more activity latly, Diamond usually weights between 5 and 7 lbs, which for a 5 year old cat is kinda small. But in the summer she loses weight from running around playing a bunch. My old roomie was a vet, and she said it was normal and we shouldn't worry so long as she didn't have any sudden behavior changes.

4. erics

erics IncGamers Member

You mean like cross dressing and smoking cigars while riding a unicycle?

5. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

you got a cat riding a unicycle while smoking cigars you enter 'em for pet tricks and make enoguh dough to have them set in kitty kibble and cigars for life.

6. MadMardigan

MadMardigan IncGamers Member

LOL @ w_m and erics :laugh:

RL: Work today sucked, but that's typical for wednesday. I hope it gets better soon.

D2: As I posted yesterday, Punchy beat Andy, so on to Bowyer I went. She actually had the barb rescue quest done, so was a bit farther than I had thought. So I rescued Anya and ran Pindle until lvl 45, so I could throw on the M'Avina's belt and a Ravenfrost. I'm kinda disappointed at the fact that most of the partial set bonuses don't kick in until you have on 3 or 4 pieces of the set, and I don't get to put on the Diadem until lvl 64. Well, that is if I ever find the silly thing, along with the armor. Ah well. Maybe I'll play a bit more tonight to try to relax.

Hope I don't kill this thread too,
    ~MM

7. Jude

Jude IncGamers Member

She's always been a rather wiry, muscular cat, with no fat, but not really skinny, either. At first I thought she was just losing weight this summer, but she's lost 3 pounds! I thought of fleas and worms, too, but she doesn't have them, and I had the vet double check. Her liver enzymes are high (165--normal is 60-100) and that's why the vet wanted an ultrasound done right away, but he said 165 isn't all that high. Nothing else showed up on the boold tests, although they did a thyroid check twice to be sure.

I always keep 2 bowls of fresh water out every day.

The vet actually told me to feed her fattier food. She was eating dry food and treats, plus some turkey every day, but he said I should give her the higher fat dry food and greasier meat (but not give her the actual fat from it). If she still loses more weight after these attempts to "fatten her up" then something is seriously wrong...

She doesn't seem to be having any bowel problems or to be throwing up. She eats, she drinks, she chases the other cat and plays with toys, but she's losing weight. I'm worried it might be cancer, but nothing showed up on the scans.

I'm taking her for another check up on the 19th...

Jude