Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wednesdaily - limited edition

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by neumein, Nov 8, 2006.

1. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

Wednesdaily - limited edition

It's 12:21 pm where I live (Melbourne, Australia) so I figured I should open a daily thread for those who are up and about. Oh, and the title means nothing, really.

RL: My Micro$oft Excel exam was rescheduled to next week! Awesome, because I didn't study for it. Phew!

D2: Haven't really done a whole lot, apart from levelling my windy. He's now 53, and trudging through Act 1, Nightmare. He is really overpowered. Oddly enough, he hasn't come across any PI's yet. They will slow things down a bit though, when one does pop up.

2. YoungDbl

YoungDbl IncGamers Member

RL: Well its only 8:53pm on tuesday so... Anyways tomorow is my birthday!!! Yahooooo. Not really it does not really make me happy. Its kind of depressing I have no one to celebrate with. Makes me feel lonely so I guess ill be celebrating with...
    D2: Tomorow will start levelin my din.. Not sure what to make him yet. Also I will level my necro in the pits.

Enjoy it every one.

3. grogs

grogs IncGamers Member

I have a hangover, and my wife is not very happy with me :p

Melbourne Cup function at Doomben racecourse with some clients yesterday.... Spent the day drinking and gambling... it's just lucky that it only rolls around once a year. My pennance for the day is to be at the office and believe me it's hurting!

Happy birthday for tomorrow YoungDbl

4. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

Hey grogs, you're a Melbourne (lad/lass?), What suburb are you in? I'm in Croydon myself. I ask, because I would like to actually meet the people I talk with in the forums.

5. lycansim

lycansim IncGamers Member

Hi guys im a bit new here bit I thought I'd chime in anyways.

RL: Im in GF hell she's angry that I did not go out with her to crown on cup day but I made plans to play poker tonight with some mates. :undecided:

D2: My lvl 73 necro just did his first pit run yestaday still don't have any gear but im making my way through hell slowly

6. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

It's not wednesday yet here, but when the election results are finalized, it will be.

crg

7. buffa

buffa IncGamers Member

Happy birthday for YoungDbl

RL: Tomorrow has another paper robotic exam. Feel lazy to study.... That is my last Paper in University!!!!!
    D2: My Hammerdin reach NM Act5. Will try windruid when he pat... Will see which is more powerful... :)

edit: Actually I have one question. Why is shadow skiller has higher value compare to some other skiller? What is so good with that? Currently my first assasin in act2... that why I dont know much about assasin...

8. Llathias

Llathias Banned

Happy birthday YoungDbl! :flowers: I hope someone has a nice surprise for you :wink3:

RL: I'm not going to most classes lately, but today I missed a lab, and attendance is mandatory for labs! Oh, how I hate myself when I hear the alarm, turn it off, say "OK, I'm getting up in a minute" and fall asleep only to wake up when it's too late :rant: A mixture of anger, guilt and despair fills my heart.

I was also planning to start studying on Sunday, but up till now, I haven't turned a page! As my time narrows, I get more stressful, and then want to do something other than studying, in a vicious circle!

D2: Yeah, I even played D2 today, and I don't always feel like playing even if I have nothing to do! I'll be damned, but at least I activated the NM Flayer Jungle WP and retrieved Khalim's Eye.

9. somethingsin

somethingsin IncGamers Member

Ooohh!

I want one of those wednesdays, any left?

Got a game theory exam today, should be simple enough...

quantum tomorrow though, ugh

10. Ashmer Amadeus

Ashmer Amadeus IncGamers Member

RL: Got an unexpected day off today. Not sure what to do with it.

D2: Been playing D2 with Thyiad. Been making much progress with my windy and her Strafer. Venser(?) a necro has been playing with us as well. Windy is very powerful, I think I like him. Might start Hell today after some Baal runs.

11. aman

aman Assassin Moderator

12. somethingsin

somethingsin IncGamers Member

what's that thread for anyway

(I voted for ya)

13. aman

aman Assassin Moderator

14. Jude

Jude IncGamers Member

Happy birthday, YoungDbl! And many more!

I voted for you, Aman, and if you win, I hope it's something you actually wanted to win... ;)

Real Life: Damned headaches have been making me very sick, lately, and bored, since I can't even read with them most of tht time. They've eased up a bit right now, and I'm hoping they will go away. I already missed 4 movies in the film festival because of them. :(

Phone company still hasn't straightened out my new FIOS broadband account, even after spending several hours on the phone over the past week, getting transferred, put on hold, and cut off, and finally told that it will be fixed the next day...yeah, right...I'm supposed to have 3GB of storage space that I am paying extra for, but it never shows up.

Diablo II LOD: Nothing lately. I may play now, while my head is not too bad. Need the stress release.

Jude

15. MadMardigan

MadMardigan IncGamers Member

I'd assume it's so you don't have to put as many points into Shadow Master (optimal is... 17 with +skills?). Of course, I've begun to eschew castable minions like SM and valk because their AI is bad, so I've always got plenty of points for REAL skills... except that full-synergy fireclaws bear.:wink2:

RL: Typical wednesday today. I'll leave it at that.

D2: JerryLeeLewis made it to the inner cloister WP last night, I hope to kill NM Andy tonight, then move on to a different character for a little while. Still haven't decided who, but I'm leaning toward my phoenix striker.

Tabletop Wargaming: I actually got some painting done! :shocked: Too bad they're Sorsha's minis and not mine.

~MM

Edit: I can't believe I forgot to wish Jude well! Get better Jude!

16. Jude

Jude IncGamers Member

Thanks, MadMardigan, for the good wishes! I am feeling a bit better (knock on wood)--still in pain, but not in my eyes, so that I can read without getting sick.
    I play boardgames/tabletop games, too, and have been since I was a little kid. I have a huge collection of old Avalon Hill, Yaquinto, SPI, etc. games, and I still buy games from Days of Wonder, Fantasy Flight Games, and GMT. Just got Descent: Journeys in the Dark, The Conquerors: Alexander the Great, and Alesia, and have Battlelore (and several others) on pre-order. It's hard to find people to play with, nowadays, though, especially the really long games.
    What type of character is JerryLeeLewis--a Molten Boulder Druid? (Great Balls of Fire!)

Jude

17. MadMardigan

MadMardigan IncGamers Member

That's an impressive list! I play mostly Warhammer, Warhammer 40k, and Warmachine, though I do have a copy of Narnia-Stratego!

He's a Fireball Templar paladin... basically a Fist of the Heavens/Conviction using pally who uses the +Fireball Oskill on the Trang-Oul's set as a secondary spammable skill. Hence the Great Balls of Fire!

On a side note, if I made a Molten Boulder druid, he'd have to be called something like CarmineTheBowler, a reference to Mystery Men, one of my favorite movies.

Glad you're feeling better, continue to do so!
    ~MM

Edit: And I might as well update here, though it's Thursday here now... JerryLee beat NM Andy a few minutes ago (and had his first real NDE). So I've really got to get off my butt and figure out what character I'm playing next... my phoenix striker is out because she's also in act 1 and I don't want to do the same act twice in a row.

18. Llathias

Llathias Banned

Jude, have you seen a doctor for your headaches? Normally I'm against running to a hospital for minor and common complaints like fatigue, headache, mild fever etc, but such frequent and severe headache is likely to have underlying causes that require medical assistance for full recovery.

19. Jude

Jude IncGamers Member

Believe me, it's not a minor complaint. Sometimes the headaches last for weeks, and usually at least days, cause intense pain, nausea, and sometimes blindness in one eye (and using either eye to read will cause more pain and vomiting). I've seen so many doctors over so many years, that it makes me sick to even think of it. All I got for my trouble was bad side effects from numerous medicines they tried, wasting all my savings and more on doctors and tests and medicine, and several doctors saying that nothing could be done surgically without making it worse. It's nerve damage caused by a messed up tonsilectomy. Plus I get bad migraines (sometimes medicine will help them, anyway).

Jude

20. Llathias

Llathias Banned

In case you got offended, I didn't mean that your headache was a minor complaint. That's why I suggested you to see a doctor (which you apparently have done).

Well, what can I say... Damn those doctors :rolleyes: *

*: that wasn't an insult to doctors, but a sarcastic remark as I'm also a student of medicine--though I doubt if I can finish school.