Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wearwolf druid in hell

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Dr.G, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Dr.G

Dr.G IncGamers Member

Wearwolf druid in hell

well I am building a wearwolf druid and I have summons to bakc me up and I was wondering if and when I get into hell, will I get my *** kicked??

I ask this because I was in another forum and people were saying that a wearwolf druid with summons will get their assed kicked in hell..

2. Keaka26

Keaka26 IncGamers Member

Thats a big negative. I have relatively cheap gear on my wolf and have done fine all the way through to Act 4 in hell. Havent gone after Diablo yet, because Ive been busy. Hehe.

Anywho, the one time I had trouble so far in hell was in act 2. In act 2 there are zillions of skeletons. Skellies = no leech. My char relies a lot on leech, so that was the only time I got help so far.

I say go for it man. You'll be fine if you use at least half of your intelligence.

3. ferentix

ferentix IncGamers Member

I agree, there is no problem in hell... haven't incountered them yet anyway. I haven't really put point into my summon tree yet, I got
    1 raven
    1 spirit wolf
    1 Dire wolf

Because of Jalals mane they are actually level 3. But even at this lov level, they stay alive a pretty long time. I currently i'm maxing HoW ad when that's finished im gonna but my remaining points into dire wolfs. They are a really good shield against big groups of enemies.

4. junglejim

junglejim IncGamers Member

I'm not doing as well as Keaka in Hell with my lvl 76 WW.

My main problem was the inability to wreck non-physical damage on the baddies (there's a lot of PIs in Hell).

However, I just picked up an IK Maul (I already had the boots & belt), so I'll see if IK solves that particular problem.

I highly recommend that you get your resists above 0! Maxing them helps but is not necessary.

You can NOT just zip your way through packs like you're used to from Norm, NM, & pre 1.10 D2. You'll have to use your brains more.

Watch out for monsters that curse. Iron Maiden's killed me innumerable times because I can't stop my swings in mid-Fury when I hear the curse go off!

Leech is good!

Use your bear as a meat shield or distraction, recast to put him in the right position.

5. Keaka26

Keaka26 IncGamers Member

Yes, there is the issue of Iron maiden, I mainly just watch out for that type of monster that casts that damn curse, and be very careful with them, opting to use feral rage instead of fury against them, so im not stuff with 5 swings and killing myself.

My main focus each time I moved to the next skill level was to get my resists up. With big leech, physical damage was never a problem, so elemental resists was key to keeping me alive. I only have 1 point into bear, and also wearing a Jalals, so thats 3. But I have 3 points into spirit wolves +2 from Jalals, which gives a healthy HP boost to the bear. I usually just cast him directly into a pack of monsters to distract them. Works very well.

Yeah, IK maul is a good idea for elemental damage with other set pieces.

Originally I went to IK maul, gloves, and belt for some resists, str +, dex +, and I believe IAS. Works out nicely, specially since all 3 pieces are pretty easy to get.

6. Denzik

Denzik IncGamers Member

The only minions i use are the Oak Sage, and my Holy freeze merc. I'm only in Act 3 Hell and my only problem so far has been taking care of those skeletons like Keaka Said. After a long time i was able to finally get through tal rasha's tomb eventually only to DESTROY duriel. i'm only level 82, but the hardest problems i come across is skeletons where i can't leech life. or mana burners... i've found mana burners to be the worst. I use 4 pieces of the IK set and that's all i've really needed to take down PI's. ANd if that's not working. I'll switch to fireclaws. either seems to work just fine.

7. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

My summons are Oak sage and Grizzly.
    I find a maxed dire wolf grizzly can distract/tank for a very decent amount of time, keeping me out of a lot of unnecessary heat. (ie- minions of distruction)
    Stormlash takes care of PI decently well, but i know those arent easy to get a hold of....

8. Keaka26

Keaka26 IncGamers Member

my level 24 bear and level 24 dire wolves = 4700HP Bear... :thumbsup:

9. Rascargil

Rascargil IncGamers Member

my only real killer is lag and taking on a fanaticized pack of spear-jabbing rogues.

i recommend getting Tomb Reaver unique Cryptic. you'll give the undead a second death.

undead-pi-manaburners are the worst. even though fury is just 4 mana, that span of time that you're waiting for the mana bulb to replenish a few could be crucial.