Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wearing Stuff and Requirements

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by TheDeity, May 12, 2005.

1. TheDeity

TheDeity IncGamers Member

Wearing Stuff and Requirements

OK, I understand that you can't wear something if you don't meet the requirements even if stats from that item would allow you to, but... what if, for example, say you had 100 str and both your armour and helm required 105 str and had a +10 str modifier on them. Could I equip something to get me the 5 str, put on the helm and the armour and then unequip whatever it was I used to get the extra str. Then the helm would be providing the str for the armour to be worn and vice versa. This possible?

2. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Yes, that works in 1.10.

3. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

A more efficient way is to simply a carry charm or two in your inventory to make up the difference - especially for a situation like your example, where the difference is only a few points. Swapping equipment to get the prereqs will work, but after a while it gets annoying.

4. DANIEL3RD

DANIEL3RD IncGamers Member

Another way is to get hold of a -15% requirement gem and socket the item with it.

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

If you exploit the strength bug, you should never try to retrieve your corpse out of even remotely dangerous situations because if you reach your corpse, you might equip just half of your stuff while the rest remains at the corpse. If you die again before retrieving the rest, there are two corpses with equipment on them and only one will be saved if you leave the game - the one with the highest Charsi buy value. That might not be the one with the highest value for you. The other corpse and its equipment is irrevocably gone, even if you enter the game again.

6. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

Their are a couple other options to make sure you don't lose anything.
    1) Clear enough room in your inventory so everything you can't wear gets placed there. This can also be pain to do, especially when you can't wear your armor, shield, weapon, or boots at once...stupid hammerdin.

2) put on some jewelry with massive str which will allow the rest of your items to be equipped, and clear enough room in your inventory for the jewelry that was on your body.

7. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I prefer not to have to think about it.

BTW, if you can wear items just because of bonuses from charms, even if you wear them all the time, the according equipment will be invisible. My IK barb learned that the hard way. It might just apply to armor. In any case, he looked quite silly until I leveled him up enough to give him extra str points. A bigger str bonus is quite useful in combination with WW anyway.