Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Weapons Vanished

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Chinese Roger, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Chinese Roger

Chinese Roger Diabloii.Net Member

Weapons Vanished

I don't think this is part of the game and haven't been able to find anything about it to date.
    I am playing the Lord of Destruction Expansion v.1.13 (solo version) and am at the beginning. Whilst engaged in a melee which which I was winning easily in The Bloody Foothills, I suddenly realised that I was fighting without any weapons. I was using two swords with Frenzy. The weapons were not on the ground and I also noticed that my Frenzy setting had reverted to normal attack and my Find Items skill had also been reset so I had no skill readied.
    As I have just started the expansion, I need to know if this is a recognised bug and if there's anything I can do to negate it. Otherwise, as it is likely to happen again, there's no point in playing because it is pointless developing good weaponry. Any help will be appreciated.

2. IncubatorJones

IncubatorJones Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Weapons Vanished

Try hitting tab :smug: You probably just switched weapons :wink:

3. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 Diabloii.Net Member

Thank you :D

4. Chinese Roger

Chinese Roger Diabloii.Net Member

Thank you but I wouldn't have posted this here if it was that simple. :scratchchin:

5. droid

droid Diabloii.Net Member

OK well it may sound dumb but...are your weapons still in your inventory? You said that your skills went red, but you never specifically said that your weapons actually physically disappeared from your equipment display.

Two possibilities I can think of are:

-You inadvertently used a respec with Akara. This would have wiped your skillpoints and your stat points, probably making your weapons unequippable, and of course wiping out your Frenzy and Find Item skills.

-You died, and didnt have enough stats to equip the weapons when you recovered your corpse. When you recover a corpse, your gear gets re-equipped in a certain "sequence", so if you rely on +str or +dex from gear to equip your weapons, and it tries to equip your weapon before it equips your +stat gear, you wont be able to equip the weapon and they'll remain in your corpse until you click it again.

Lastly, if you were just fighting with fists, how were you "easily winning" a fight in A5? And no, this is definitely not any commonly encountered bug.

edit: bbq made me think of something else, another dumb possibility: you do know that equipment runs out of durability, and then becomes unusable? You get a yellow and then a red "warning" icon on screen, but if you didnt know what it was maybe you didnt realize your weapons were about to break :)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  6. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned Diabloii.Net Member

This is not a recognized bug as far as I know, and the scenario you posted is unheard of.

Were you using Throwing Axes or Javelins, and not Swords?

7. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack Diabloii.Net Member

The default weapon switch button is W.

You sure could have. You didn't give a list of what you tried, so how are we to know? Also, as I said, Tab is not the default weapons switch button, and you didn't mention that either, so did you try pressing W? I'm not trying to be rude, but you didn't mention weapon switching at all, so of course we point that out.