Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

weapons that were meant for diablo 3!!!

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by akatsukimem, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Knight_Wolf

Knight_Wolf Diabloii.Net Member

Re: weapons that were meant for diablo 3!!!

Get over it really, you keep throwing exaggerated childish/random/haphazard examples that has no point or meaning and completely contradicts the point i have been trying to make you understand from the beginning .. the "HOW to make something fit" .. of course .. if you do throw random tiger people in flashy latex outfits to fight purple aliens with banana guns on "mount doom" it won't work ...because that's not HOW to make things fit with the setting .. simple and clear.

Of course all the smarties will scream .. "but you said anything can fit" .. yeah .. i did ... but not when that anything is a extremely specific and demented example like "a purple unicorn with a monkey tail and ten legs" ... NO .. that's not what i meant .. a unicorn can be made fit anywhere .. but that specific abomination mentioned above .. NO .. and each version of the unicorn made to fit with a different setting or story will be completely different for the other ones.

Aliens can be made to fit any story (even LOTR) if you find the right way to do it .. but don't expect them to look green or have pink space ships .. that's just stupid .. and goes to show that some people can't even understand somethings as simple as "HOW" out of close mindedness or stubbornness.

Speaking of Aliens, aliens with extremely advanced technology ARE a way to fit a magical race into a Sci-Fi story (i.e Xel-Naga from SC)... just replace Ether with Psi and replace magical power with Plasma, teleporters with warp-gates and you are good to go .. all the other minor differences are part of the Fitting process.

So are the weapons we have been discussing so far ... just a couple of special weapons out of so many normal others ... big deal.

Do i smell double standards ... *the cats are ok .. but no the weapons aren't* .. *why !!?* ... because we said so ... sigh .. OK.

Facepalm/ ... Whatever, if you still haven't realized that i was speaking about Tolken himself doing it not me .. then forget the whole thing .. it's hopeless to try explaining anything anymore here.

It's not random if it is made to fit with the rest of the lore and is added by the lore creator himself.

Sometimes i feel glad i'm open minded, yes .. i don't mind the reverse situation, there are already characters in Bleach the use European themed weapons, names and words ... since the whole Espada thing (evil side) has an unmistakable Spanish flavor to it (and for no specific reason other than the the story writer wanting them to be so), and i also don't mind if some character switch their weapons (for a good reason .. like turning into a Vizard) .. the Rule of "HOW" works just fine here.

Nice try, but sadly failed :crazyeyes:

Ok, i did promise, i'm sure not all will be pleased, but i'm also sure there are people objective enough to get it.

It is all about few things:
    1-Slightly reducing the size of the weapon
    2-Applying some of the real weapons logic (like depressing the middle section of the blade to reduce weight in case of large broad swords.

Here is an example
    [​IMG]

---------------------------------------

And before i leave this "waste of time" topic :crazyeyes: (i have other important things to do :coffee:)

Few noticeable points that made me ROFL so hard

First ... did you bother looking at Thousand Pounder hands ... yeah .... right in his hands .... SUPER extremely oversized Maces FTW ... you can argue all you want but they are oversized beyond even any of Bleach weapons even i feel weird about them... and yes .. the user is a huge demon ... but either way ... Oversized weapons at this point do exist in Diablo's world .. if you scale Thousand pounder to the Barb's size .. the maces would still be damn huge compared to the Barb .. voila.

Second ... Some people stated that Whips don't fit at all with Diablo ... i'm not sure those people played D2:LOD or not ... cause some of the enemies there already had whips and used them against the player effectively and nobody complained ... i laughed so hard when some people went on saying that whips can't damage you if you are wearing armor .. lols .. sorry guys it did happen in Diablo ... cause it is a game ... either way ... i still think adding Metal Chain Whips to Diablo 3 arsenal is very a good idea.

That's all .... bye and have a nice day *goes to lurk around the topic corner*

2. Sass

Sass Diabloii.Net Member

Well not only have things not been contradictory, you yourself keep retreating to "HOW does it fit!". You've yet to give a how, yet always demand one--one that has been provided time and time again.

Since that leads only to a dead end on your end, I'll cut off right there. Sufficient "how" was provided.

Finally you see the point everyone else has been making. So glad you see it.

How would a green alien be stupid, when that's the most common incarnation of them?

And again with the How and "close-minded" obsession. Let's please get over it since the how was explained and the close-minded isn't even used in the right context.

That's cool for sci-fi, but what about fantasy instead?

On second thought, why'd you even bring up sci-fi? That's different from fantasy. ;) Focus.

Even one Bleach weapon would change Diablo weaponry dramatically. o_O When will you see that just because it can be added, doesn't mean it would be prudent to?

For starters, they're different things. If they were the same thing, then a double standard would occur. Such is not the case.

Unless ofc you wield cats or feed and pet your swords. o_O

Whether or not you do it or the author, the result would be the same.

It'd be like if I decided to go to jsp and say that D3 is definitely going to have a barney class vs a blizz rep saying it. The rage would still flow.

And vouch trying to explain. It's like I'm talking to a wall.

The author adding it wouldn't make it any less random. How would it go from something foreign that would never fit to complementing the story perfectly simply because the author said so?

"HOW" wasn't present in any of that o_O

Now I'm no Bleach expert, but I'm sure I've never seen a Battle Axe, Flamberge, Rapier, etc. Some came close, but either they were japanese (or similar) or something completely foreign.

Erm, it's still not the wizard wielding it now is it? IN Bleach, something no less petite wields it flawlessly.

Weapons do come that big, and nobody has ever disputed that. What they would dispute is if a blade (your unmodified example) was swung by a witchdoctor for instance.

Oh, but you've then modified it. Very well, you've made one that exists in our world, look different. Grats.

Can you please state "how" this one will fit while wielded by a witch doctor (body size is roughly the same)?

Um, I have no idea who would have said that, but they already were in Diablo 2...

3. bioshocker

bioshocker Banned

Ok those weapons fit in soul caliber or final fantasy XXVI or how many of them they got out there. The lore is medeival not anime.They fit perfect in anime/bleach?!!!wtf?This is sanctuary my friend not final fantasy 37. And monkey people fit. They got corrupted by mephisto or whatever. Ok can someone close the topic already?! One final word of advice if you want anime and monkey people play final fantasy

4. Knight_Wolf

Final notes

lols, you know, your comments are hilarious to read :crazyeyes:

I demanded ones for the bizarre complex convoluted exaggerated examples you keep mentioning because it doesn't have 1% of sense or logic in it ... and i did provide ones for the clear simple examples i mentioned ... the unicorn .. the cat people .. and the Berserk sword along with a CLEAR illustration on how it could me made to fir the game ... you provided nothing at all.

Because if they are green and have purple spacer ship they won't fit with a fantasy themed world .. rather a Sci-Fi Saturday morning cartoon .. or Mars Attack 2 ... if you want to make them fit with a certain different setting you need to study what needs to be changed about htem to make them fit with it ... how hard is it to understand that.

Dramatically !!! .. exaggeration much .... lols .. explain plz ... that's only a delusion you have because you really (even though you claim so) didn't understand the Whole "how to make something fit" concept,, they are just melee weapons caste of iron and not far different from the ones already in Diablo .. just some size and slight shape modifications and they would fit like a glove .. as seen in my previous post.

I do remember saying that if scale down the Thousand pounder and his weapons relatively to any character the weapon would still be huge.

Besides .. using game logic .. all humans in the game are super human by default .. the only thing that was holding their power is the world stone (besides hiding sanctuary from hell and heaven) ... and it has be destroyed 20 years ago ... voila.

Really, then go back and read the topic again, I remember many saying all weapons that are large are anime weapons and that ALL weapons in Diablo are real life sized ... now that isn't the case .. hmmmmm .. ii wonder what that means.

Apparently i was right that you didn't fully realize the "How" concept or maybe not at all even if you think you did.

The "How" rule will be at work here .. so step back and take a deep breath :crazyeyes:

Simple enough ... take one of the two blades in his hands .. throw away the big one on his back and the second one ... now take the one you picked up and reduce it's size by 30-40% and you are on a roll .. that's HOW you fit a weapon like that in Diablo.

And in the end you will get this

[​IMG]

(i added the WD joke for the kicks ... but the WD like i said can already swing mauls and claymores in D3 with extreme ease .. so no big deal if he swings that too .. really :crazyeyes:)

-----------------------------------------------------

That's "HOW" you make a weapon like that fit into Diablo's world .... simple enough i guess ... not that hard to understand ... you certainly didn't expect after all the freaking explanation of the "HOW" rule that the weapon would be used exactly the same way it was in Bleach .... plz tell you didn't think of that !!!!!! ... SIGH

*runs of to enjoy watching Bleach*

5. AkumaSlayer

AkumaSlayer Diablo: IncGamers Member

Sure, some of the Espada have Spanish names, I don't think I've actually seen any of them wielding any European swords though. Care to provide some images to prove me wrong? It's not like I've seen every Bleach episode released.. oh wait. Spanish and Mexican names are a recurring theme anyway, it's been in Bleach since the first arc.

I suppose you are going to argue that the Espada in the OP has a Spanish sword?

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/67/41/44981476/1_140460129l.jpg

It would appear that I haven't failed...

No, we're not still debating how awesome it would be if Christopher Tolkien added Cat People to Middle-Earth. You've already been proven totally wrong about this.

The OP wanted those weapons put straight into Diablo, not something that is half as small. Even so, these weapons would still change the theme of Sanctuarian weapons dramatically. Yes, it is dramatic because when these weapons start dropping in Diablo people are going to assume that "anything goes" in terms of weapons. It ruins the consistent theme in Diablo.

Sanctuarian weapons give the impression of realism and practicality, and they are mostly from European history and the medieval era. Most of the weapons in Bleach are just not practical. Ichigo's sword is a huge kitchen knife with no hilt. But sure, Blizzard could force it to fit into the lore... I just don't see the point of it.

kthxbai :D

6. NJS

NJS Diabloii.Net Member

You need to just leave your anime crap out of Diablo. I am a huge Star Was fan, but that doesn't mean everything I like needs to relate to Star Wars. If I were to think and argue like you are doing instead of just going and playing Star Wars Galaxies, watching the movies, or reading the New Jedi Order I would say something like this:

"I think Lightsabers were MENT to be in Diablo. It would look so kickass! We could totally make it fit. It could be "magic" crystals inside a sword hilt. How cool would that be. What do you mean it doesn't make sense? This is a fantasy game, anything make sense. I mean it would make sense if Blizzard wrote it! All you would have to do is adjust it to fit Diablo. Its easy here is how it could be done- [​IMG]"

Wait, that doesn't make sense at all?! Neither do you... So how about this you want anime/manga stuff go watch/read/play something anime/manga related instead of suggesting you put it in something it doesn't belong.

7. AkumaSlayer

Hell yes! You could socket it with a ruby to get Sith Lightsabrez. :D

8. Knight_Wolf

Not necessarily swords, but some of them use European weapons in general.

One uses large scythes
    [​IMG]

Another a Trident
    [​IMG]

And one in the OP post uses a large Double Axe
    [​IMG]

And all of those are European weapons which are made to fit with Bleach themes .. all you have to do is reverse the process with the other Asian or unusual weapons and they will end up fitting very well with Diablo .. simple.

You have proven nothing, i wasn't talking about Tolken specifically in my last comment that you quoted, i was talking generally.

Nobody said anything goes, some fresh, unique or special different looking weapons aren't going to do any of the thing you said at all .. that's pure exaggeration .... the normal common weapons will still be there as they always were .. so the "when weapons start dropping" point is meaningless.

And we are already way past what the OP wanted .. i never said i wanted them copy pasted directly .. that's the whole point to the "HOW to make something fit" discussion that was going and the illustrations that i made.

Besides .. there is no 100% defined meaning for sancutarian weapons ... there are still many areas in sanctuary unexplored and there is also hell which seems more open minded regarding gigantic and unusual weapons (hint hint .. thousand pounder) .. who wouldn't want to wield weapons from sanctuary hells ... i really don't know :whistling:

Mr.Thousand Pounder would like to object because his weapons aren't really realistic or practical ... he demands a compansation *be carful he might be coming for you :crazyeyes:*

Ahm ... Still if say the D3 Barb swings that Ichigo kitchen knife/cleaver at you i don't think you will be feeling very nice .. or have the chance to tell him how impractical it is.

Nothing will be forced at all if it is done right, and there is a lot of points in it .. it's sad you don't see them.

If you have no freaking idea what the conversation is going on about then please don't throw in your meaningless comments because it doesn't make any sense.

And yes ... a light saber can be made to fit into Diablo .. but not the stupid way you did ... a sword of holy light is the most simple and direct approach to do it ... and surprise ... D2 already had light swords .. but they were only meant as magic enemies at that point.

Anways That's how it's done Kiddo

[​IMG]

So kid ... go suck a Popsicle or something.

--------------------------------------------------

On a side note ... it is really stupid that in Hell & Heaven and whatever other creatures you might fight there (if you got to visit Sanctuary Heaven) they drop identical copies of earthly made weapons (even if enchanted) .. it's really silly and doesn't make any sense.

Both places do need unique and special weapons that fit their themes and are different from how earthly weapons look like in D3.

Last edited: May 22, 2009
  9. Sass

Sass Diabloii.Net Member

EDIT: it seems there's more

Your obsession with how is getting dangerous. The How doesn't even matter when it's something that wouldn't fit the game.

I've already provided "exaggerated" examples, as well as logical ones. You haven't done a single thing other than say "the author can do it" and end the discussion. That doesn't count as a valid point.

Even with the sword: that particular sword already existed and could fit into the game, if the need of a zanbakuto. No real need of a tweak was needed, but still unlikely something like that would be added in Diablo.

Ok, you say they could fit into LOTR (fantasy) and then bring up sci-fi out of nowhere. Please stay on topic.
    That was no exaggeration. Bleach weapons are all exaggerations (an exception might be Ichigo's bankai sword). And then you go on again about How when that doesn't matter at all to the task at hand (and even after answered). If you insist on being a broken record, don't spam :)

I can count on one hand how many would make sense only after modifications. I've not only stated this from the beginning, but you refuse to acknowledge nobody was against that "point", if you can even call it one.

But why scale when there is no need? The Bleach weapons are already far too big in most cases, so why shrink them to apply to your example alone? If you wanted a fair comparison, keep it the same size and equip it to a wizard.

Ok. I'd like a quote stating I said everyone was super human. :)

But since you have dragged that bit of lore into this, it's already common knowledge that humans were half angel, half demon, and stronger than both.

*facepalm* you can't be serious....

OK, let's recap: You mention a big bladed sword. There is one in real life. I state that there is one in real life. You say they are life sized in Diablo.

Wouldn't it therefore mean that that real life sized big bladed sword already be a possible candidate in Diablo, if focusing on the culture that created such a weapon?

No idea why you seem to think it suddenly isn't the case.

Excuse me, you're the one wanting thin people wielding something far too big for him / her. Or you could use your examples from before and just change the way the item looks, weighs, moves and operates, simply to introduce what isn't even the same item into the game.

Oh joy, more unhealthy obsession.

Yep. Just as I thought. I want my wasted time back.

Shrinking the item won't help. Why? We don't have one here. Why? It originated in Bleach, not real life.

Oh, but then why is this relevant? Oh yeah, Diablo's based on real life weapons.

Forgot.

Well that's a tad different than the direction Bleach went with it, and what the OP was going for now isn't it? (again, rhetrical)

Even forcing it into the lore would cause more harm than good.

Thank you NJS. Your hax paint skills rapes my entire post.

Have my babies.

EDIT:

He's talking about how the discussion suddenly dodged cats and went back on track after giving plenty of reasoning and examples of why things won't work out like in your head.

I'm glad you finally got back on topic though.

He said people will think that. With fantasy, it's a common misconception.

It seems you just can't accept that Bleach won't fit Diablo.

Perhaps Bleach should randomly add in the Prime Evils, hmmm?

The OP DID want that.

You're taking the word how and trying to make things fit when they can't. Just like a jigsaw puzzle, you can't force what won't fit.

BTW, the whole point of the how discussion is nothing more than for you to argue in circles. It's getting tiresome getting nowhere with you.

Actually there is a definite meaning: real life and the middle aged weapons found there. All weapons in the Diablo lore are 100% realistic and based on a real thing. Things can be invented. Then again, everyone jumped on that when they mentioned the word guns. Do you know why Blizzard doesn't want guns?

Hmm, a mace (real item) that is bigger for a bigger person (practical). Uh, I don't get your point.

The barb probably won't even be able to lift it without sky high strength requirements. Then there's dexterity to even use it...

if it doesn't fit the theme, it is indeed forced.

If one were to "do it right" there would be no worrying if it fit because the thing attempted to be added would have no doubt about whether or not it should be in. An example of this is more demons in a demon infested world. However, adding a hydralisk into Warcraft. That was forced, but more as a wink to the fans.

Why not? you dont.

if you want to get really technical, the lightsaber already IS in diablo. Unique phase blade anyone?

That's not a lightsaber. Those are the ones he posted. No need for off topic spam. :)

Um, where do you think the human's weapons came from? They're based on the weapons used by Angels and Demons (who came first). That isn't a single bit silly o_O

The properties will fit, but the base item will be something humans recognize.

10. Knight_Wolf

Point at one

It's on topic .. you are the one dodging it .... it's all related to the idea of how things can be made to fit into a seemingly different theme ... which you can't get in your unimaginative skull. :whistling:

That's why they need to be altered and toned down.

You don't even know how many weapons are there .. nor did you attempt at modifying any of them objectively to know that.

Why should i listen to that meaningless advice, don't spam please.

If the weapons need be scaled they get scaled ... simple.

Good you know that .. so creatures stronger than demons and angels can't lift a large axe or a large blade .. what kind of strength it that !!!?

READ above ... i'm beginning to doubt your comprehension skills .. what thin people are you talking about !!! .. they are freaking super humans .. the barb .. the wizard .. even the WD .. all of them .. they can swing whatever they want.

How many times do i have to point out this is a false notion ... the whole real life thing is FALSE and irrelevant ... crystal swords didn't originate from real life ... magic orbs didn't originate form real life ... troll heads didn't originate from real life ... magic staffs didn't originate from real life ... need i go on anymore.

Both bleach weapons and all the things i mentioned above

-Can be made in real life (i.e .. huge axe, crystal orbs, or glass swords .. blah blah )
    -Both are 100% impractical to use in combat in real life

meaning they are almost identical in everything

EXCEPT for one thing.

The things you don't want are from an anime ... so why not cut the chase be objective and say you have childhood issues with anime and can't stand it instead of trying to sound smart.

And before you try to sound even smarter i would have used the same argument if the weapons were from any source other than an anime .. it is the concept of "things fit from one source into another" that i'm arguing .. which seems to be not the case for you.

I have nothing to do with the OP .. if you haven't noticed .. i'm different person *gasps at the revelation*

Rather *LAX* painting skills :crazyeyes:

They won't think anything cause those weapons will be rare.

For an utterly different reason.

HAHAHA .. so it's ok for the BARB to carry a 2 meters huge double axe because he is 2.5 meters tall and huge.

Even more funny .. try measuring the gigantic maces to Thousand Pounders height and size .. you will really be surprised by what you find .. in short your claim is 100% wrong.

Barb who is 2.5 muscle wall and super human can't lift a cleaver like that ... you aren't making any sense here.

GAHHHH .. it will be altered to fit the theme .. what's so freaking hard to understand about that ... have you ever freaking heard about STEAMPUNK .. that's what they do in this style all the time .. alter everything to have a industrial revolution theme .. and they stop at nothing.

Hydralisk V1.0---> copy-pasted stupidly from SC .. stupid and won't fit with WC .. call it cameo .. wink at the fans whatever ... it was just an in-joke.
    Hydralsik V2.0---> altered and given background story that fits with WC theme ... will most likely fit.

Got the freaking difference

And in case you didn't notice ... WC hell-hounds are the zerglings of Warcraft
    [​IMG]

Got it ... i wonder how many freaking examples do i need to give before you understand that concept.

Where in the lore does it say that ... from the progress of story they seem to be advancing on their own ... or else the guy on Mt. Arreat wouldn't hint at a technological discovery like gun powder ... source for your claim plz.

11. Sass

Sass Diabloii.Net Member

*points to very first post I made in this topic*
    I later went into more detail about it, but from the beginning I didn't use exaggeration as a means to explain things. You'll have to forgive me if I don't quote the rest of what happened afterwards only for it to not be read a second time.

You seem to think we're crossing into sci-fi. You are the only one who brought up sci-fi. How does this explain how fantasy operates and wheter or not catmen would work in LOTR? An explanation for this?

Oh, and ouch at the redundant re-use of unimaginative. I have plenty of imagination, but probably not something someone who can't grasp story settings would understand.

And, again, I've said that from the start. However, that can only work on a small minority, and would still require alot of tweaking. It gets to the point where it's just not the same item anymore.

Ok, and now you're telling me what I do and do not know. Fascinating.

And I didn't "attempt to modify them to know that" because I can't modify an item and therefore know how many weapons exist in the series. That just doesn't happen mang.

Perhaps it was a slip of the finger. Nevertheless, I still do not require the need to modify the item, when modifications were not a part of the deal. It'd the addition of Bleach weapons as is. No shrinking so you win, no removing parts of the weapon so that a barb can use it.

I've already mentioned a titan barb could get by wielding one. However, his even wielding one wouldn't fit Diablo.

If by meaningless you mean it removes your bias, then yes, meaningless and you should ignore it. :)

Good, then there is simply no need to scale. Easy as that.

I accept your dodge. :)

Strength was never an issue. The barb can, and has already wielded weapons roughly that size.

I never said he couldn't. I said a weapon like that wouldn't belong in Diablo. The barbarian has zero baring on the matter. Your spam is making this less fun.

Oh wait, what were we saying the weapons came from? Oh yeah bleach. Where are there thin people wielding them? Oh yeah Bleach.

I'm not sure what characters you play, but the wizard should not be swinging an axe 3 times as big as him / her and many times his / her body weight.

You are naming every item I said does not exist in our world. OMFG you CAN read after all. Now we're getting somewhere. Now, if only you would talk about every single other item like everyone else is, then maybe you would be correct on something.

Well, you were wrong about the crystal sword, but I'll let that slide.

I'm 100% sure there are cosplayers who have already made such weapons.

However, does this mean that middle aged warriors used these and the middle aged world of Sanctuary should? I didn't think so.

Because if I said that, I'd be lying. Mommy always said not to lie.

However, you assume much and make yourself look foolish. I feel bad making you wrong.

PS: there were items I said I wanted from not only Bleach, but also Naruto. That's two anime cartoons. I'm on a role for someone who must have cartoon issues.

Well since anime never was the issue directly, its perfectly fine if you use another source that also doesn not fit with Diablo. In fact, go crazy finding things like that. I won't tell.

Also, your supposed point about things fitting from one into another can apply in some situations, but not all. This is an example of the "but not all" group, which is quite large. Not only do the genres have to be the same to successfully inter mingle them, they have to have the same setting.

Bleach =/= Diablo. Anime vs video game is just where each are from, and not relevant. Anime and video games can easily mix and match, just not in this instance.

That little display would be cute if only someone had said you were the OP. *tsk tsk*

If you intended to spam a topic with something irrelevant to the original post, then congratulations. ;)

Better than mine.

Only one needs to spawn for people to freak out and rage.

Considering both the gun and the Bleach weapons can be invented in theory, They are for an utterly same reason. o_O

Duh. He's done that in the past, why not the present?

Hmm, a giant demon using a giant mace is apparently wrong. Ouch...I have bad news for Blizzard...

The maces used by the 1000 lb'er isn't even 2-3 times his size. So much for being wrong...

That particular mace used by the thousand pounder would need medium to high strength requirements. However, that wasn't what ws being discussed. What was being discussed is a weapon ~6-7 meters long, and over a thousand pounds in mass. THAT is what would require a high strength and would occur if Bleach weapons enter the game.

And how is that the same as having people in the middle ages with a Bleach weapon? Oh wait, it isn't the same.

You can change the weapon to make it smaller, do less dmg, be less massive, but then again there's the whole problem with the fact that you're changing the weapon...Diablo has not done this with any weapon added into the game.

The lore doesn't even mention the exact origin of every weapon we see in Diablo. That would be boring and more for a compendium of sorts.

However, angels and demons both use these weapons (angels more assosiated with swords in the lore we've seen (unless there was some mace or axe in the Sin War, but I haven't gotten the chance to read that yet)).

Anyway, they both used the weapons, and they came first. It would only be logical that the offspring of these two are capable of also using middle ages weapons like we've been doing time and time again in the game.

As for my claim: I source simple logic.

12. Nimbostratus

Nimbostratus Diabloii.Net Member

A few points to make here.

----

Quit it with the "D2 had orbs and crystal swords as weapons" argument. All combat weapons other than the Crystal Sword have some basis in real life. The Wands, Orbs, and even Shrunken Heads are accepted because they're really only used for casting spells, and people generally accept "Hey, that looks like it could help channel some magic powers."

Alright, so the shrunken heads have some blocking capabilities, BUT:
    • Their chance to block is generally abysmal
    • Their durability is far below most shields
    • From what I know about D2 from modding the game, adding them as a shield subclass was simply the best option available; making them some kind of secondary weapon would involve far more work and also bring up the whole problem of using them as a weapon. Adding them as any other armor type is certainly out of the question by logic alone.

----

"All the characters are superhuman, so they can lift huge weapons like this"
    Superhuman, yes, but not all in the same ways. The wizard and witchdoctor have powerful magic, but they certainly don't have superhuman strength. And before you go on about how they can use other weapons, keep in mind that in real life, combat swords are under ten pounds, even the big two-handers- and guess what Diablo's combat weapons are based on (with the single exception of crystal swords, which are irrelevant to this point)?

----

"The Thousand Pounder uses maces almost as tall as he is"
    The Thousand Pounder is not a human, nor does it have the proportions of one. Furthermore, his maces are not quite as large as you make them out to be.
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/gallery...&si=thousand pounder&what=allfields&mcats=all

----

"They have to be altered and toned down"
    To such an extent that it isn't really the same thing. Besides, is something like a greatsword really that inadequate?
    [​IMG]

----

"Anything can fit if they make story to explain it"
    Hello, Pandemonium event. The Ubers were given some storyline and background information. However, they are quite plainly tacked on. Furthermore, would adding gigantic weapons really add enough to the game to warrant adding storyline/places for them?

13. AkumaSlayer

Has anyone seen this cosplay? I watched about a minute of it on youtube once but then I lost interest when it didn't have subtitles.

BTW, well said Nimbostratus.

14. Morannon

Morannon Diabloii.Net Member

When I saw the title of this thread I immediately thought about Kit Rae's "Swords of the ancients". I think most of them would fit in Diablo. The same guy designed frostmourne for WoW.

http://www.kitrae.net/fantasy/swords_of_the_ancients.html

15. LaZeR

LaZeR Diabloii.Net Member

Why not? Except for Mihrodin and Avoloch all of them are pretty standard swords.
    But isn't D3 a bit small (graphic-wise) to notice the minor differences bewteen these swords? [On the actual screen, and not on the inventory screen]

Now, another little fact why Bleach weapons won't fit in D3 tech-wise:
    Can you imagine any char using these? I mean, just like it looked wierd to play the D2 Barb with a staff, it will look even wierder to play the Wizard with Bleach Weapon. And the WD and Barb even more. They simply don't fit to the chars type and atmosphere.
    IMO, if they do put in these type of weapon they should make a new char that goes along with them

16. Sass

Sass Diabloii.Net Member

Nimbo said it best.

lol, first vid I checked had one. :p Skimmed through and caught one at 1:52 EDIT: it looks similar to this ^^

Some of those look like the weapons already in Diablo 2. If the Normal, Exceptional and Elite weapons had different graphics instead of sharing them all, they would end up looking mighty similar. Nice find.

I think they added a zoom ability, but basically you're right. :p I know that when playing a sin, you'd have to actually try to focus on the claws to tell them apart. Even then, you only knew the shape, which many other claws used the same shape :S

That should satisfy his how fetish, but would such a char really work in the Diablo setting? I doubt soul reapers have a place in that world.

17. DemolitionSquid

DemolitionSquid Diabloii.Net Member

I motion this thread be closed because its ridiculous.

All in favor?

18. Sass

Sass Diabloii.Net Member

Signed

19. Morannon

Morannon Diabloii.Net Member

Didn't think about that. Here are some more weapons that are anything but ordinary:

http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs21/f/2007/308/6/4/Anima__Bella__s_Daggers_by_Wen_M.jpg
    http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs15/f/2007/003/8/2/Anima__Scythes_set_1_by_Wen_M.jpg
    http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs9/f/2006/342/1/d/Anima__new_swords_set_1_by_Wen_M.jpg
    http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs15/f/2007/006/c/6/Anima__Bone_weapons_by_Wen_M.jpg
    http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs30/f/2008/165/c/3/Anima__Bella__s_Daggers_set_2_by_Wen_M.jpg

20. Nimbostratus

Nimbostratus Diabloii.Net Member

I'm a fan of Wen_M's work, but I don't think many of those would fit; most of them look too flimsy or barbed to fit in with other items in the series. Though some I think have the right stuff are:
    • "Unheard Agony" in the first dagger pic
    • The green sword in the... sword pic.
    • Most things in the "bone weapons" pic. Except the "Fish of shock." I don't even know what to say about that thing o_O;