Weaponless Tournament II

goltar25

Diabloii.Net Member
Name: Nyronil
Class: Assassin
Clvl: 19
Act/Diff: Act1/Normal
WP: Inner Cloister

Well, that does it for Nyronil. A slip of attention on my part has gotten me an early death. I'm seriously considering using the mulligan and going as a different class this time, though I'm not yet sure which class I'll take.

EDIT: I'm going to try a Druid. I've never managed to play a Druid very long, they always get boring, but we'll see if this one does better.

Name: Tarmil
Class: Druid
Clvl: 1
WP: Rogue Encampment

ron

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, so much for that. My assassin took the dirt-nap on my way to visit Duriel. I was Clvl 23 and about - that far from being 24. I got swarmed by a whole bunch of monsters, and wasn't able to fight my way out. It was fun while it lasted, but starting is WAY to slow for me to try again. I lost a Biggins bonet and Deaths sash, as well as some fairly decent charms.

Thanks for the tourney, beleive it or not, I had never tried a MA sin before, and it was lots of fun. I can't wait to find out how well I will do if I actually use a freakin' weapon!

JohnnyBravo

Diabloii.Net Member
Update: Here are the standings.

JohnnyBravo
Name: DeathEater
Class: Necromancer
Clvl: 25
Act/Diff: Act2/Normal
WP: Canyon of the Magi

JicamaEater
Name: Brenna
Class: Amazon
Clvl: 5
WP: Cold Plains

Sint Nikolaas
Name: Arti

goldar25
Name: Nyronil (RIP)
Clvl: 19
WP: Inner Cloister

Mulligan:
Name: Tarmil
Clvl: 7

jungleboy
Name: Anna
Class: Amazon
WP: None

Indemaijinj
Name: Annika
Clvl: 7
Act/Diff: Act1/normal

CJHobbes
Name: Muggy
Clvl: 8
WP: Stoney Field

Hoop76
Name: Hoopy

Lostprophet
Name: DenverMax
Class: Barabarian

AndiDi
Name: DoomedAgain
Class: Sorceress
Clvl: 5

ron
Name: BarbieQ (RIP)
Clvl: 23
Act/Diff: 2/Normal

JohnnyBravo

Diabloii.Net Member
Name: DeathEater (RIP)
Clvl: 26
Act/Diff: Act2/Normal

I wasn't playing close enough attention and a LE Zombie got me. I tried to get away, but my health was already too low.

Well, good luck to all you and hope you get farther than I did.

GooberGrape

Diabloii.Net Member
JB, I've got the old prize stash from the original Weaponless. PM me your email addy and I'll send it over.

-GG

Docturnal

Diabloii.Net Member
Ive been away from D2 for a while now and hoped to find something to make it intresting enough to start anew. This tournament seems to be it.
If Its not to late Id like to enlist in this madness.

My char will be a Sorceress named Witchslap

abigmoron

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow, I've never done one of these before but this is too cool to pass up. I'll make a character once I can take a good long look through the skill tree's to see what may be remotly helpful. What fun.

abigmoron

Diabloii.Net Member
Okay, here she is

Name: Winnar
Clvl: 13
WP: Stoney Feild

Can Mercs use weapons? That might speed things up a tad.

Docturnal

Diabloii.Net Member
just one question

Now this will not make any difference until lvl 30, but you state that sorceresses canonly use the mentioned skills. Does that mean no Fire Mastery?

AndiDi

Diabloii.Net Member
Docturnal said:
Now this will not make any difference until lvl 30, but you state that sorceresses canonly use the mentioned skills. Does that mean no Fire Mastery?
That's right. I asked the same question in the 2nd Edition of the Weaponless tourney. The answer was something like this: Enchant and FireMastery are bugged. The damage bonus from FM is applied twice (first when enchanting and second when hitting monsters).
But that shouldn't be a big turn off, as you are going to have a hard time reaching lvl 30 with a weaponless sorc (believe me I tried).

-Andi

Docturnal

Diabloii.Net Member
AndiDi said:
That's right. I asked the same question in the 2nd Edition of the Weaponless tourney. The answer was something like this: Enchant and FireMastery are bugged. The damage bonus from FM is applied twice (first when enchanting and second when hitting monsters).
But that shouldn't be a big turn off, as you are going to have a hard time reaching lvl 30 with a weaponless sorc (believe me I tried).

-Andi
I agree to some extent. The thing is that If I happen to get to level 30 I wont get much further without Fire Mastery (Try getting past Bhaal with an enchant doing less than 1k dmg =( )...
Shouldve made a Druid, then at least I could go for massive poison damage.

EDIT: Who am I kidding... I will probably die of Andariels claws, which will leave the rabies thingie open.

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
Docturnal said:
The thing is that If I happen to get to level 30 I wont get much further without Fire Mastery (Try getting past Bhaal with an enchant doing less than 1k dmg =( )...
Normal Baal? That shouldn´t be much trouble.

Remember that you can craft gloves with up to 10% Crushing Blow and a belt with up to 10% Open Wounds. Those will help quite a bit.

But you are right, the sorceresses in this tournament will have a very hard time in the late game.

JohnnyBravo

Diabloii.Net Member
jiansonz:

I don't want to get into a big necro/golem discusion, but what golem are you using? I couldn't decide which one was best.

Docturnal

Diabloii.Net Member
Lol. You know you have a weak char when she dies to Rakanichu. That ligthning enchantment just sapped me. (To much strength and to little vit as usual.)

I will Mulligan for a druid as I though I would.
May all the worlds poison immune monsters die of old age.

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
JohnnyBravo said:
I don't want to get into a big necro/golem discusion, but what golem are you using? I couldn't decide which one was best.
I use Fire Golem, with occasional Iron Golems when I find good items. Clay golem as emergency spam material when I´m short on mana.

If you don´t invest several points in Clay Golem (or have a lot of +skills), fire golem is clearly the sturdiest golem. It also does the most damage. So far, mine outshines the merc easily, even though the merc uses a Fiery Circlet.

I have not invested more than one point in any golem yet. Since my final merc is going to be a Lighting Iron Wolf (i.e. not a Thorns merc) I will probably invest heavily in Iron Golem later. Level 15 Iron Golem + Amplify Damage reflects more damage than other golem + maxed Iron Maiden. And that is against monsters with no PDR. The difference is even bigger for physically resistant monsters (not to mention immunes).

If you want to 'powergame', take a Thorns merc, invest in Golem Mastery and use Amp on monsters. The big trouble will be to keep the merc alive. You will need crowd control, pull him back from danger and feed him potions a lot. The reason I won´t use this method is that I played that build in the 'Rare Pleasures' tournament.

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
@JohnnyBravo:
I have realized I´ve made a big mistake waiting until NM to hire my Iron Wolf. If I keep the one I just hired, he will not be as good as such a mage hired in Normal (the level of his Lightning will be lower). But if I hire one in Normal now and play on where I left off, he will be stuck in the level 19-20 range for a long time since the monsters in act 3 NM are way above his level.

I seek permission to level up a Normal Iron Wolf to level 25 (then a new formula will kick in that allows him to catch up in levels when I play in NM) by repeatedly play in an area in Normal (probably /p8 Arcane Sanctuary because of low lightning resistance and high density of monsters). My necromancer is level 55 so he will gain next to no XP from this, and I promise I will not pick up anything that drops.

Can I do this? Please?

JohnnyBravo

Diabloii.Net Member
@jiansonz:
1) Golem question: Are you investing any into Golem Mastery/ Summon Resist at this point? Ever?

2) I am granting you permission to level your Iron Wolf Merc to level 25 on two conditions: One, you don't pick anything up. Two, all set and unique items will go into the prize stash. OR You may start your character over.

@everyone else in this tourney:
1) I am allowing jiansonz to level his merc because when I first started the original tourney he started the necro he is talking about now. And to go back and level up his merc is a way of restarting his character without all the work.

2) I am entering another character and am thinking about raising the mulligan level to act 2. If anyone died in act 2 and whats to reenter please PM me. That seems to be a hurtle that many are getting hung up on.

My new character is:
Name: Baine
Clvl: 9
WP: Stoney Field

3) I'm not trying to be rude or mean, but if you do not like my rulings or how I am running the tourney please do not flame me. If it upsets you enough please just quitely withdraw from the tourney... remember I do not have to let you play.

Thank you.