Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Weapon vs Melee for WW barb

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Icarian, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Icarian

Icarian IncGamers Member

Weapon vs Melee for WW barb

to be exact, its about the runewords, which i should use againts melee?

with a botd, you can only reach 68% OW (unless i'm missing somehthing), is that enough? because i've heard 95% ow is pretty good vs melee, especially vs other barbs

i'm a sword barb so no beast for me, but then again, wouldnt a fury balrog blade be better than this? since i'd be able to wear enigma (fury gives 66% OW and some other good mods, so no need for duress)

any help will be appreciated =)

2. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

HI WARM WELCOME TO THE BARBARIAN FORUM ROOM!!!!!

Well since you are using a sword, your best bet vers barb vs barb is to use a fury bb. Now how you use it, is if you planed on using a sheild or not. As in if you invested in 222 dex to have max block for a storm sheild at level 99. Then use the fury bb with the sheild. If you did not then use it with your ebotd cb. The big thing about beast is you get more ar and damage from fant. Other then that fury does better open wounds wise. There are other ways to do really well vers melee builds. One of those as in vers a smiter is to just duel weild or to use your ebotd cb 2 handed. The times when to use a sheild or not all matters on if you are dueling some one that is doing unblockable damage and damage that is being done with magic based or phy based damage. Also know that using a weapon like wizard spike also helps vers casters. Just put a um rune in it to get a some open wounds going.

3. Icarian

Icarian IncGamers Member

thanks for the welcoming ^^

lemme see.. my best bet against other barbs would be: enigma, stomshield and fury bb (i dont know how exactly works the "ignores target defense" mod, but, if it ignores defense, doesnt it make you to not need AR to hit your opponent perfectly no matter how much def he has?), for other melee: dual weild / 2h botd cb with duress

is that right?

4. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

No your best bet vers other barbs is 2 rings amulet anglics, goreriders, duress, fury, and stormsheild if you plan on using a sheild.

Itd means you hit every time yes, but it does not effect boss monsters, and player vers player.

Also you should have more items for prebuffing other then 2 echoing weapons. You would want a full suit of stuff with plus to stills on them.

____

Vers other melee builds you should just use your enigma. But those are not the only options for armors that will do well.

____

Look before you ever make a barb you need to fiuger out what you are going to use. 1. Are you going to use a weapon and a sheild? 2. Are you going to use a two handed weapon? 3. Are you going to duel weald? 4. Are you planing on using a sheild but some times use a 2 handed weapon?

I say pick one of those 4 then start asking questions here again. To do all of them isn't a smart ideal. The truth is sooner or latter your just going to do one of the 4 any ways, just like the rest of us.

5. Icarian

Icarian IncGamers Member

on a sidenote, if i'm correct, open wounds is way more useful than just pure physical damage...., in that case, since fury already gives a huge OW, i wouldnt need any duress, so i'd always wear enigma, and this means it would be pointless to raise STR to 117 base (no anni) or 97 (with anni) to be able to carry the botd cb with duress on, unless the "botd + stormshield + duress" (68% ow) setup is useful against something

yeah, so many doubts about how much STR to put on this barb

EDIT:

thats it (except vs casters, in that case i'll use a slience or UM'd wizzard spike instead of a shield)

6. PlasmaDragon

PlasmaDragon IncGamers Member

Unless you are bvb only i'd use botd for nl and grief for ladder. For bvb an ow build might be better.