Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Weapon suggestions for Pally please

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by gblan, Feb 7, 2004.

1. gblan

gblan IncGamers Member

Weapon suggestions for Pally please

I am building a Hammerdin right now and occasionally I need/want to melee a bit. I need to know what is the absolute best weapon I can expect to use when switching to melee. I have a Barnard's and an Atlantean but I know there must be better. I am mostly concerned with max damage here not fancy mods I won't likely need.

Thanks,
    Glenn

2. gblan

gblan IncGamers Member

.... oh yeah forgot, one handed, gotta use da shield!

GB

3. niner

niner IncGamers Member

isnt any with fcr and melee dmg...put on your switch branars and wizardspike for hammering till you can make hoto

4. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

I don't see how a build like this will have any chance in hell. Fanatic zealots, chargeadins, and avengers don't always have the easiest time. Even though a hammerdin is powerful, he deeply relies on all of his skills. I would be interested on how you plan to allocate skills to achieve a viable hybrid that can actually kill.

Back to your question. For something like what you are looking for +skills and damage are your top choices. For this i'd look at atlantean, redeemer, hand of blessed light, along with most of the other high damage, skill giving unique/magic scepters.

Good luck with that build, I'm interested to see how it would fare. The most popular hybrid hammerdin i've seen is the charger hammerdin. He only really uses charge to dash into a pack, then twirls hammers to kill. Keep us updated on this guys progress.

5. gblan

gblan IncGamers Member

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. This is a Hammerdin not a hybrid. I have all the standard Hammerdin stuff and the 125% breakpoint. I just wanted a weapon suggestion for those times when a little melee is in order. I use BH 90% of the time. Pally is lvl77 and is having no trouble at all so far. Melee weapon is just for diversion/fun. I think I'll follow your suggestion and dig up a Redeemer. That looks like it'll do the trick.

Thanks,
    Glenn