Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

weapon stashes, lower kurast, single player and phase blades der=0

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by galzohar, May 11, 2008.

1. galzohar

galzohar IncGamers Member

weapon stashes, lower kurast, single player and phase blades

First a little intro: I play SP/lan to avoid the mass duping on b.net and don't trade so use only what I find. Muling with either lan or atma. I found the runes to make cresent moon for my shockadin but don't have a phase blade.

I read about LK as a good place to get both runes that don't drop from the countess, while getting many charms/jewels which I could also very much use. Keeping in mind that you keep the same map when playing single player, I noticed that weapon stashes seem to consistently drop certain types of weapons quite conistently - with some dropping a somewhat larger variety and some dropping very few weapon types (at least very few types drop much more often than the others and many don't seem drop at all).

I didn't actually do real statistics about it, but from the same stash I got a very large portion of the times reinforced maces / battle cetsus, another was dropping a thresher almost every time mixed with occasionally random throwing weapon. Another 2 seem to pick from a larger pool so I won't list them but for them I also kept seeing the same weapon types repeating themselves while not seeing certain other weapon types at all.

Is there any info about how these weapon (and armor) stashes work? I want a socketed (or plain for attempting the cube receip on a couple of them until it works) phase blade but it seems like those stashes can't drop them. Is it even possible for them to drop it? Is it possible for me to find a different weapon stash that is actually capable (and preferably likely) to drop phase blades and/or other useful weapon types?

2. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

Re: weapon stashes, lower kurast, single player and phase blades

By stashes I assume you're refering to what are commonly called weapon and/or armour racks?

With that in mind I'll say this...

Yes they do tend to drop the same items if you follow a set path to them each time. It's not as consistent and as easily exploitable in 1.11 as it was in earlier versions (1.07/1.08).

However, I'm pretty sure they don't drop phase blades full stop so you won't be able to find one there.

Your best opportunity would be to dump any MF gear and run hell cows if you can do so quickly or try the flyer jungle/spider forest areas or anywhere else you can quickly kill large numbers of critters.

3. galzohar

galzohar IncGamers Member

Yeah I meant weapon racks, and ty.

I still find it funny to get a thresher every single time ;) too bad the good merc runewords are b.net ladder only.

4. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

Most ladder only runewords work on single player and if you install the runeword mod (check the single player forum) then all do.

5. Cius

Cius IncGamers Member

Definitely poke around the single player forums if you play like that. RWM/RRM are standard there and give you all Ladder runewords and runes drop in a red colour to make them easier to spot.

If you get a good rack its worth running. One mephisto map I had dropped ghost armours. I built up a nice collection of socketed ghost armours from it while running mephy. Specific racks that I know are hunted often and then run repeatedly are sacred targe racks, Monarchs, and any good merc stick rack like CV's, etc. Armour racks with AP's etc are also good I suppose. You can get unique and sets off racks as well if you run them long enough so if you get a monarch rack you could get 4 OS shields for spirit and stormshield. Warhat armour racks could be run for Shako's. I'd recommend only doing it if the rack is with another target. LK and Meph are thus the common choices for rack running.

For more info speak to any one that spends time in patch 1.07 as that is where most of the rack hunters lurk due to several reasons (better stat weapons/armours and better uniques only being available from racks being the main ones).

6. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

[General correction post goes here]