Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

weapon socketing

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Vanderinz001, Jan 30, 2004.

1. Vanderinz001

Vanderinz001 IncGamers Member

weapon socketing

I am very much a newb when it comes to this game and have been trying to figure out this whole socketing/Rune thing. Last week I got the runes for a Cresent Moon and was all excited about making a kick butt weapon...found me a 3 socket long sword and did the combine and blam.....a 42-44 weapon popped out...I thought I was gonna get sick.

so here are the questions.

When looking for weapons (to socket or have sockets) what should you look for when dealing with swords?

When looking for Armor what to look for to get a great quality enigma.

Sorry ahead of time......ubah Newb here.

2. SinfulSlave

SinfulSlave Banned

Hmm. Well. First off, Click here . That is a list of all the runewords and some very good info about them.
    Cresent moon is a higher level word then I would put in a long sword. Maybe a Colosus blade or a Mythical?
    For Enigma, I would recommend any nice three socket armor with Defense in the 500 ball park, the lower the strength required the better. Dusk Shroud/Archon are two very popular armors for Enigma.

When using runewords always be sure that:

Socketed Items must have the exact number of sockets as the Rune Word formula requires. If the Rune Word is a 3 Rune formula then you must use an item with exactly 3 sockets. A 4 socket item will not work with a 3 socket formula.

Rune Words will only work in Socketed non-magical items. This means that Set Items, Unique Items, or Magic Items with enough Sockets and the proper item type will not allow or convert to Rune Words. Again, they will not work on Magic, Set, Unique or Rare items. So if you have a Mechanic's (or Jewelers item) piece of armor with 2 slots, the Stealth will not work on it because it's magical.

And always make sure the runes go in, in the correct order. :)

I hope that helps!
    Sin

3. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

If it's a 42-44 long sword, I'm guessing you had a magical socketed sword... which doesn't work with any runeword... runewords have to go in non-magical gray colored items.

4. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

basically with items there are 3 qualities of every item. there is a normal version, an exceptional version and an elite version. for example:

Normal 2 hand sword: Great Sword
    Exceptional version: Executioner Sword
    Elite Version: Collosus Blade

As a graphic these swords look exactly the same but stat wise the better the version, the more damage the sword will do. (however it also means the sword is alot rarer)

the reason you got low damage was because you put your runeword in a normal version when you could have put it in the exceptional version (rune sword) or even the elite version (cryptic sword) or even a different item type.

people usually look out for elite items to put high end runewords in because the runes are so expensive they want to get the best out the runeword by putting it in the best possible weapon or armour.

P.S 100 POSTS!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!! :D